Football/Soccer Is The Greatest Game On Earth. | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Football/Soccer Is The Greatest Game On Earth.

BusyMom

Medalist
From the latest news Suarez is still not injuries-free. After his performance in the last couples of games in the league, I will be super mad if he did well during the world cup. :disapp: His There-But-Not-Actually-There stunts cost us the league title IMHO.

Alba

Record Breaker
From the latest news Suarez is still not injuries-free. After his performance in the last couples of games in the league, I will be super mad if he did well during the world cup. :disapp: His There-But-Not-Actually-There stunts cost us the league title IMHO.

Are you a Liverpool fan? :unsure: I thought you were Chelsea's fan. :slink:

Tbh I also think Suarez was the one who brought you near that title though. I'm not disregarding the team and the wonderful work done by Rodgers, but he was great for a very long time. I think he was too tired in the end. Couldn't take it really.

Anyway, if he's not injury-free bad news for them and good news for us. :biggrin:

BusyMom

Medalist
Are you a Liverpool fan? :unsure: I thought you were Chelsea's fan. :slink:

Tbh I also think Suarez was the one who brought you near that title though. I'm not disregarding the team and the wonderful work done by Rodgers, but he was great for a very long time. I think he was too tired in the end. Couldn't take it really.

Anyway, if he's not injury-free bad news for them and good news for us. :biggrin:

nah...not me that's Silvia451's team. But Mourinho definitely is quite the character, you either hate him or love him.

I agree that Suarez is a big part of this year development but for me Rodger is the main reason. He knew how to bring out the best of every players. Suarez giving in to the biggest stresses at the end was a bit of the disappointment.

I hope his injuries will be heal soon though. He will be a good addition to the game.

Alba

Record Breaker
nah...not me that's Silvia451's team. But Mourinho definitely is quite the character, you either hate him or love him.

I agree that Suarez is a big part of this year development but for me Rodger is the main reason. He knew how to bring out the best of every players. Suarez giving in to the biggest stresses at the end was a bit of the disappointment. .

I like Rodgers very much and I agree with you. I'm a fan of Liverpool in PL. :)
I'm among those who love Mou. He makes me laugh and I don't know why some people get angry with him. :laugh:
My boyfriend being an Inter fan obviously adores him.

I hope his injuries will be heal soon though. He will be a good addition to the game

Yeah well, after the group matches maybe. ;)

Meanwhile Ribery is out, so he's not going to Brasil.

BusyMom

Medalist
It is such a pity that both these great men ultimately died as a result of their wild lifestyle.

But, back to the football match I was talking about. Unfortunately, Everton lost 2-0 to Arsenal. Arsenal scored a goal 15 minutes into each half, and Everton were not able to reply.

CaroLiza_fan

George Best was known for his drinking so no surprised there. But Higgins' COD was pretty bizarre. I read it somewhere that he starved himself to death. Was that true or just a rumour? Anyway his final years of his life also very eccentric. They should make a movie about his life.

I don't think Thai snooker players right now are that good. The fact is since we have Asian Association they are kind of the power players in the World stages. Australia is also the great supporter. Half of the tournaments these days are in Asia (and more than half of that are in China). Asian players benefit from that fact alone. Also Thai players got plenty of free wild-cards lately thanks to Indian Association. China Open took forever for the qualified stages. James Wattana won 4 consecutive games this years in China Open that's why his World Ranking drop back to 63. Chinese team is the one to watch though.

Thank you Caroliza for your analysis. I missed the first half and first-15 minute of second half because dinner. I missed too much of the game to discuss the matters. But from the last 30 minutes, I think Everton GK was a true hero since Arsenal side didn't slow down one bit even with the advance goals.

I'm not so sure what the cause but this year women football in the UK seems to gain all-in-sudden kind of attention. I was told that almost 15,000 tickets had been sold previously before the final. Live televised by the mainstream channel also help.

Here's some hot photo to celebrate women football. : http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/03/03/article-1362607-0D748C12000005DC-559_634x379.jpg

Also congratulation for Liverpool's women u-17 for their Youth FA cup.

makaihime

Final Flight
Ugh, just heard about Marco's injury =( Way too many are taken out by injury this year and just before the WC too :no: Both Brazil AND Mexico was probably doing a prayer circle when they heard about Neymar lol

Meoima

Match Penalty

Alba

Record Breaker
I have never been his fan, but... well, at least I think he was not such a bad player as some people thought of him. What a pity he didn't exploit all of his talents as his friends.
He's handsome, though.

Beckham could've been a really great player. He was very talented and gifted. Pity he was more interested to become a star.

@This Messi and vomiting thing is very strange....:confused:

Alba

Record Breaker
I think they took it very seriously. :popcorn: Last time it involved Rooney and Torres. :laugh:

Well, I can see a pattern with Torres. :laugh: Rooney seems ok though but he is british. No voodoo in the world can break him. :biggrin:

BusyMom

Medalist
Ugh, just heard about Marco's injury =( Way too many are taken out by injury this year and just before the WC too :no: Both Brazil AND Mexico was probably doing a prayer circle when they heard about Neymar lol
:laugh: Injuries are normal at the end of the seasons. But this time I agree with you, too many.

@Alba what do you think is the weirdest injuries?
I search for the one involveing the remote control (David James and David Seaman) and found this:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/2377/top-10/2010/08/29/2093019/top-20-bizarre-football-injuries
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/weird-football-injuries-shinji-kagawa-2904972

Alba

Record Breaker
@Alba what do you think is the weirdest injuries?
I search for the one involveing the remote control (David James and David Seaman) and found this:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/2377/top-10/2010/08/29/2093019/top-20-bizarre-football-injuries
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/weird-football-injuries-shinji-kagawa-2904972

OMG never seen this before. :laugh:

Seaman pulled a muscle as he tried to record British soap Coronation Street

Van der Vaart Lifting his one-year-old son

Brentford goalkeeper Brodie collided with a sheepdog which raced onto the pitch. The dog got the ball while Brodie shattered his knee cap and never played again. "The dog might have been a small one, but it just happened to be a solid one," he said years later.

Brazilian player Ramalho was laid up in bed for three days after swallowing a giant pill he had been prescribed for a dental infection. Unfortunately for the player it was supposed to be administered anally

:rofl::rofl: