What direction will the top ladies go in next season for their long programs? | Golden Skate

What direction will the top ladies go in next season for their long programs?

gettinglow

Match Penalty
What direction will the top ladies go in next season for their long programs?

Yulia- I imagine she'll probably go classical. Schindler's List is as classical as move scores go, but it's still a John Williams tune. I think Yulia will choose a more traditional classical piece (Rachmaninoff, Dvorak, Chopin) and try to bring out a more mature, elegant side to her skating. I just hope it's not TOO dour or morose.

Gracie- I think Gracie will move in the opposite direction...probably towards something more contemporary and hopefully with a bit more flair.

Anna Pogorilaya- I think she's learned from Worlds that she has to choose music that actually has a melody and can help disguise some of her less than artistic qualities. I imagine she'll go much softer, prettier...probably classical as well.

Ashley- eh, who knows. She obviously needs overtly stirring music to bring the best out of her...I'm guessing it won't be classical but more contemporary...perhaps a soundtrack with some serious percussion.

Adelina- will probably go softer, more lyrical...an attempt to infuse some class into her aggressive, busy style of skating. I doubt it will work, but hopefully she'll at least try to show off a different side to her personality.

Zijun Li- I think she'll stay in her pretty, soft music wheelhouse. While her tango SP this year was fine, she really seems more suited to the obviously graceful, ethereal pieces.