Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: What happens to Gracie Gold if she doesn't win any Grand Prix events next season?

Custom Title
    It isn't a matter of preferring Jeremy, but of appreciating what he uniquely brings to skating. I love Jason Brown's skating too, for different reasons.

Love popcorn, hate horrendous costumes. Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    I am not dissing Jeremy, but reality is most casual U.S skating fans are going to be far more interested in Brown than Jeremy at this point. He had alot of hype and attention at the Games and is more likely to remembered than an almost 30 year old skater who didnt have a huge competitive highlight in his career, especialy recently. Some die hards like yourself might prefer Jeremy, but that isnt the mass audience they are aiming at.
    So it's official that Jeremy not leaving yet? as much as I respect Jeremy, I think they should let Jason have the chance.

Tripping on the Podium
    I trust Gracie ! but the battle will be fierce against three Russian and Mao

Custom Title
    It isnt official either way. I am sure quite sure whatever Jeremy does you will see Jason at Skate America. Who knows you might see both Jeremy and Jason there.
    Agreed- they are not having SA in the Chicago suburbs and sending Jason to like NHK and Skate Canada. He'll be there. They may have Jeremy there as well as I don't think they'll be concerned about protecting him as National champion.

I expect they'll try to make the fields as easy as possible for Gracie and Chock/Bates but will have a competitive pairs field again just like last year.

Custom Title
    Yeah and come to think of it probably a competitive mens field. They will want 2 of the 4 disciplines to be strong to attrack fans (aside from just the marquee Americans). It also isnt a super big deal if Brown and/or Abbott make the gpf or not. Brown especialy can still shine at worlds even not making the final, if his skating comes along nicely.
    Right and last year's SA also had USFS pitting US skaters who were in the Olympic mix against each other to see I think where they stacked up. Except in Ladies. You had Denney & Coughlin head to head with Castelli & Shnapir. You had Jason vs Adam vs Max. You had Hubbell & Donohue against the Shibs. With that dynamic out of the picture I expect it to be less competitive US fields. My guesses

Men's- Jason, Jeremy if he wants in, Miner
    Ladies- Gracie, Cesario, Miller
    Pairs- Castelli & Shnapir, Denney & Frazier, maybe Aaron & Settlage with Leng/Leduc, Donlan/Speroff split and S/K, Z/B and K/O probably good for 2 GPs. If not, one of them.
    Dance- Chock/Bates, Aldridge/Eaton, maybe the one Cannuscio sister left and her partner. Won't be stunned if H/D get SA but not expecting to see the Shibs.

Custom Title

Yulia forver! I'm on team dumped Ice Dance. Alba's Avatar
    I thought Gracie was cute and humble here.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    I thought Gracie was cute and humble here.
    I'm just answering the thread question... (...and being mean)

Quote Originally Posted by papa View Post
    I'm just answering the thread question... (...and being mean)
    I was not criticising you. Just came to my mind when I saw the gif. She looked tender and almost fragile, that's why I wrote the comment.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    She looked tender and almost fragile, that's why I wrote the comment.
    Yes, she did, Gracie is so nice and cute on and off the ice, I'm the worst.
    (and I'm simply jealous Julia doesn't have as many threads, attention and love in this forum...)

Tripping on the Podium
    If Gracie doesn't win SA I will be shocked, the field is always weak since its the first event and in a post olympic year I expect it to be even weaker. The Russians likely won't sent out one of their more promising babies so Gracie should cruise. I think she'll combine a SA win with a medal in Japan or France and then make the GP finals where I think she'll finish either 3 or 4. If she doesn't win a grandprix event I don't think her career will end but I'll bet it will give Polina more confidence going into nationals.

this battle will be interesting in the next few years...

Quote Originally Posted by papa View Post
    (and I'm simply jealous Julia doesn't have as many threads, attention and love in this forum...)
    It's better. Belive me.

Custom Title
    Aww... "Come on up... you're looking a little short."

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    this battle will be interesting in the next few years...
    It's interesting now! What is their record against each other so far?

Let's see: They met for the first time at junior worlds in 2012--Julia won...again at SC last year--Julia won...team competition in Sochi--Julia won...and the Sochi individual event--Gracie won...and finally at worlds this year--Julia.

So in 5 meetings so far, Julia is 4-1 against Gracie. Going head-to-head and if both are clean, Julia has the edge. Now that Gracie has started to improve more, it will be interesting to see if those number shift at all.

It should be a great rivalry b/w the two of them now that they'll be fighting for gold instead of 2nd or 3rd behind the more established vets...assuming Mao and Carolina exit. I love them and will miss them dearly, but I'm ready for the new veterans to take over.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10