What happens to Gracie Gold if she doesn't win any Grand Prix events next season? | Page 8 | Golden Skate

What happens to Gracie Gold if she doesn't win any Grand Prix events next season?

Alba

Record Breaker
I'm just answering the thread question... (...and being mean) :biggrin: ;)

I was not criticising you. :) Just came to my mind when I saw the gif. She looked tender and almost fragile, that's why I wrote the comment.

papa

Match Penalty
She looked tender and almost fragile, that's why I wrote the comment.
Yes, she did, Gracie is so nice and cute on and off the ice, I'm the worst.
(and I'm simply jealous Julia doesn't have as many threads, attention and love in this forum...);)

Bonnie F

On the Ice
If Gracie doesn't win SA I will be shocked, the field is always weak since its the first event and in a post olympic year I expect it to be even weaker. The Russians likely won't sent out one of their more promising babies so Gracie should cruise. I think she'll combine a SA win with a medal in Japan or France and then make the GP finals where I think she'll finish either 3 or 4. If she doesn't win a grandprix event I don't think her career will end but I'll bet it will give Polina more confidence going into nationals.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
:laugh: this battle will be interesting in the next few years...

It's interesting now! :) What is their record against each other so far?

Let's see: They met for the first time at junior worlds in 2012--Julia won...again at SC last year--Julia won...team competition in Sochi--Julia won...and the Sochi individual event--Gracie won...and finally at worlds this year--Julia.

So in 5 meetings so far, Julia is 4-1 against Gracie. Going head-to-head and if both are clean, Julia has the edge. Now that Gracie has started to improve more, it will be interesting to see if those number shift at all.

It should be a great rivalry b/w the two of them now that they'll be fighting for gold instead of 2nd or 3rd behind the more established vets...assuming Mao and Carolina exit. I love them and will miss them dearly, but I'm ready for the new veterans to take over.