Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: What happens to Gracie Gold if she doesn't win any Grand Prix events next season?

Custom Title
    Gracie DID finish ahead of both of her teammates at Nationals, Sochi and Saitama---I'd say that is pretty consistent. It doesn't matter that they finished ahead of her in the FS at Saitama, it's the final placement that counts.

Daleman beat Osmond in the FS at Saitama, but Osmond beat Daleman overall.

Quote Originally Posted by b-man View Post
    Adelina getting level 4 steps and +3 GOE's at SA?? I don't think their will be 5 Russian leaning judges at SA.
    carneasada was being sarcastic..

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Gracie DID finish ahead of both of her teammates at Nationals, Sochi and Saitama---I'd say that is pretty consistent. It doesn't matter that they finished ahead of her in the FS at Saitama, it's the final placement that counts.

Daleman beat Osmond in the FS at Saitama, but Osmond beat Daleman overall.
    I think most would agree Gold was overscored in her Saitama FS. Compare the PCS in Saitama with a single axel and a downgraded fall (66.69) that to the PCS in her team event FS where she went clean (61.89). Makes no sense, like Kostner getting 73.78 PCS for that 3-triple FS, compared to the Olympics where she scored 73.77 for a clean skate with 7 triples. I take the scoring in Sochi and some of the scores in Saitama with a HUGE grain of salt. Once everyone cools down after Olympic fever, hopefully skaters will get properly scored to resume the upcoming season.

If all the other girls' PCS are brought back down to earth, Wagner still has a shot at hanging with the big guns, even a flawed Gracie.

Say no to horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    I think most would agree Gold was overscored in her Saitama FS. Compare the PCS in Saitama with a single axel and a downgraded fall (66.69) that to the PCS in her team event FS where she went clean (61.89). Makes no sense, like Kostner getting 73.78 PCS for that 3-triple FS, compared to the Olympics where she scored 73.77 for a clean skate with 7 triples. I take the scoring in Sochi and some of the scores in Saitama with a HUGE grain of salt. Once everyone cools down after Olympic fever, hopefully skaters will get properly scored to resume the upcoming season.
    If all the other girls' PCS are brought back down to earth, Wagner still has a shot at hanging with the big guns, even a flawed Gracie.
    What if PCS inflation is just a bonus/gift from speedy to cover up Sochi?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    What if PCS inflation is just a bonus/gift from speedy to cover up Sochi?
    I don't think Sotnikova getting overscored on her PCS to get a gold medal and beat Kim/Kostner would be mitigated by Kostner being overscored on her PCS to beat Pogorilaya. If anything it's super sketchy.

At least Lipnitskaia's PCS wasn't in the 70's again, although it was still too high, along with Gold's, and Kostner's.

Custom Title
    I think that's fine if Wagner doesn't do Skate America. After all, Wagner's GP win last season came at TEB, not Skate America. They should definitely keep Wagner at Bompard. I would also suggest she does NHK because without Mao/Suzuki, it could be a cakewalk, and the Japanese like her. But watch USFS do something stupid like send her to Rostelecom (where Edmunds should go).

Down With It
    Gold will get SA - count on it. Wagner's out of luck in that sense

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Yeah SA will probably have Gold, and the weakest field they can possibly assemble. They will want her confidence bolstered with her first grand prix win. I am guessing they will invite Kostner who is not an early season skater at all. They will probably not invite Radianova or Sotnikova (if she is even in the grand prix), and if Osmond or someone like her shows well in the summer events they will also not be invited. Kostner as the seeded skater, along with Gold, and nobody else remotedly dangerous.
    Kostner will compete in the GP ?

Banned
    Gracie will get SA for sure

her profile status an popularity in the US is skyrocketing
    BFF Taylor Swift just posted on instagram they baked cookies together and had another dinner !
    http://distilleryimage10.ak.instagra...c9db78ee_8.jpg

Custom Title
    If she doesn't win she can always hang out with her new BFF Taylor Swift:

http://ca.eonline.com/news/530304/ta...t-friends-with

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by anyanka View Post
    If she doesn't win she can always hang out with her new BFF Taylor Swift:

http://ca.eonline.com/news/530304/ta...t-friends-with
    Gracie's rise to Hollywood stardom is unquestionable
    arguably even Kwan has not achieved this kind of media exposure with celebrities, let alone being close to a celebrity as friends

Buzz from E News and now Taylor Swift firmly one of her closet friends
    solidifies Gracie as one of the few Elite athletes in the US with Hollywood connections

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    I think that's fine if Wagner doesn't do Skate America. After all, Wagner's GP win last season came at TEB, not Skate America. They should definitely keep Wagner at Bompard.
    Oh that would make my year if I get to see Ashley in Paris again But I have a feeling Gracie will get Bompard as well :( In that case, Ashley might go to NHK, she's pretty popular in Japan so that wouldn't be a bad thing. But I selfishly hope it's TEB that gets her.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    Oh that would make my year if I get to see Ashley in Paris again But I have a feeling Gracie will get Bompard as well :( In that case, Ashley might go to NHK, she's pretty popular in Japan so that wouldn't be a bad thing. But I selfishly hope it's TEB that gets her.
    Gracie is higher seeded than Wagner
    and contarary Gracie is just as popular as Wagner in NHK
    she has been in WTT and NHK last season

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    I think next season will be her complete senior breakthrough
    finishing an impressive 4th place at the Olympics
    Wasnt Mirai fourth in 2010. It means nothing if she cannot come to the table next year...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by emdee View Post
    Wasnt Mirai fourth in 2010. It means nothing if she cannot come to the table next year...
    so ? Mirai had terrible technique and she always had underrotations, was 16 and had filled out and gained alot since
    Gracie has solid technique, has speed, power, fast spins and great 3-3 jumps that is what the CoP is all about

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast