What happens to Gracie Gold if she doesn't win any Grand Prix events next season? | Page 6 | Golden Skate

What happens to Gracie Gold if she doesn't win any Grand Prix events next season?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
MK has a very good relationship with Michelle Obama. Is that good enough?

a politician she made friends after her retirement ?

I was referring to Hollywood friends when she was still actively skating
like Gracie with Taylor Swift

desertskates

Medalist
Let's let Gracie have the chance to conquer skating before she takes on Hollywood. A batch of cookies does not turn her into a champion, she needs to put it out on the ice.
I'm a little foggy on how the process works with who gets what for the Grand Prix. I do have a feeling it'll be Gracie at SA. Hopefully Ashley gets NHK because the audience there loves her and she seems to really like Japan. I think it's possible for both to make the finals.
:popcorn:

BusyMom

Medalist

I'm sure MK has more celebrity connection even back then. Not just every American knew who MK is but also in most part of the world too. I worked in the major music labels. It is very easy to be a friend with A-list celebrity. It is just part of the PR smoke screen. Nothing more.

Don't get me wrong. I like Gracie, a lot. But to be in the same level with MK, she needs more than a few photo with country music singer.

JayW

Final Flight

Funny, since when Taylor Swift is such a big thing? I certainly hope that Gracie grows up more classy than Taylor Swift!

Funny, since when Taylor Swift is such a big thing? I certainly hope that Gracie grows up more classy than Taylor Swift!

I must disagree in that Taylor Swift is a big thing. She's one of the most prominent and successful pop/country singers of today. I don't like her track record with guys either, but that doesn't say anything about her musical talent. However, the fact that she and Gracie have spent some time together (and that both like red lipstick) doesn't show anything about Gracie's standing in the skating world. The only thing that will demonstrate that is a few championships outside the U.S., and I think it has to happen this year.

I can't remember whom Michelle knew when she was fifteen and starting to win everything in sight. I'm sure a lot of people in high places would have wanted to spend time with her, but whether anyone did is, again, not relevant to her excellence as a skater.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Let's just say that, even in the showbiz, Swift got a very bad reputation.

She is a very bad singer too. The cover of her music got better reception than the original. Like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm6YB4XsQXE

bad singer, that is about musical taste,
also Taylor Swift is well known even outside of the US

Taylor Swift is Friends with Gracie, nothing wrong with that
No need to discredit her, more articles of the rising Gracie and Taylor friendship:

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/5476...gracie-gold-baking-afternoon.htm#.U0c3i4Wcg7A
http://uk.eonline.com/news/530304/t...e-gold-is-there-anyone-she-isn-t-friends-with

caelum

On the Ice

No need to discredit her, more articles of the rising Gracie and Taylor friendship:

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/5476...gracie-gold-baking-afternoon.htm#.U0c3i4Wcg7A
http://uk.eonline.com/news/530304/t...e-gold-is-there-anyone-she-isn-t-friends-with

It's also a matter of taste whether Edward Hopper's The House by the Railroad is superior to some paint-by-the-numbers piece of Thomas Kinkade, but none-the-less opinions holding Kinkade as superior are still idiotic.

Anyway, if Gracie wants to be friends with Swift, so be it. I just hope that she doesn't skate to Taylor Swift's [Insert Boys Are Mean To Me song] with lyrics in the grand prix events next fall.

BusyMom

Medalist

Discredit Swift? No need. She did that all by herself. As for Gracie, you are the only one around here who demolished her profile.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
To answer the thread title:

If Gracie Gold doesn't win a Grand Prix event, her Hollywood friend(s) will abandon her.

anyanka

Record Breaker

Taylor does have connections to Hollywood but not as much as she does in the music industry. There's a lot of overlap and cross-pollination between the film and music industries, but I think if Gracie has any real pull it would be through her agency.
And Ms. Swift while popular also has a LOT of detractors in the entertainment world, and for all her popularity some in the country music scene think she's not a proper country musician anymore even if she's the biggest seller in the genre. Hopefully Gracie isn't subject to the same criticism by virtue of her friendship with Taylor.
Does Gracie have an IMDB page yet?

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Taylor does have connections to Hollywood but not as much as she does in the music industry. There's a lot of overlap and cross-pollination between the film and music industries, but I think if Gracie has any real pull it would be through her agency.
And Ms. Swift while popular also has a LOT of detractors in the entertainment world, and for all her popularity some in the country music scene think she's not a proper country musician anymore even if she's the biggest seller in the genre. Hopefully Gracie isn't subject to the same criticism by virtue of her friendship with Taylor.
Does Gracie have an IMDB page yet?

The definition of the relevance of any sportsman? Yes, she does. :yes:

swc0931

Rinkside
She is a great skater....but I think she is not mentally strong to control the pressure in the international event.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie was having an issue with the solo flip in the FS at Nationals and Sochi, not the axel. She landed the solo flip with no problem at Worlds, but the axel was a new problem.

UnsaneLily87

On the Ice
The axel looked a bit weird in Sochi but she landed it ok. At worlds it became real problem and judging by SOI reports she's still struggling with it.