Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Davis & White too rich and famous to return to skating?

Custom Title

Davis & White too rich and famous to return to skating?

Wow.. I cannot believe the day came where Davis & White have transcended the sport and become well known celebrities. I was hoping they would come back but they may have become too big for the sport.

They are now the most famous Ice Dancers in the history of the sport and arguably the most successful on the ice since Gritchuk and Platov. Who would have thought a few years ago that Virtue & Moir would become just a footnote in the illustrious career of Davis & White. Can you believe this is Meryl freakin' Davis dancing like this?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wPTQnxDpus

Unbelievable!

Custom Title
    People who are actually rich and famous do not need to do Dancing with the Stars. lol.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by moviechick View Post
    People who are actually rich and famous do not need to do Dancing with the Stars. lol.
    Ask anyone in America who "Meryl" is and they'll still say "Streep".

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by anyanka View Post
    Ask anyone in America who "Meryl" is and they'll still say "Streep".
    Actually right now they are known as "Those ice dancers". If you ask anyone in america about "Those ice dancers", they would know who you are talking about.

I've been a Meryl/Charlie fan for years...but no. If they were too big for skating, they wouldn't even be doing SOI. Nor are they the most famous. They have been quite successful, but on paper their record is quite similar to that of V/M; 6 national titles, 2 4CC titles, 2 World titles, and an Olympic title. V/M will never be just a "footnote" in the career of another team.

I will say that it's quite thrilling - and weird! - when my friends actually know who they are now, but that may fade as we get further away from the Olympics.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blackswanphoto View Post
    Actually right now they are known as "Those ice dancers". If you ask anyone in america about "Those ice dancers", they would know who you are talking about.
    "The ones who look like Disney characters according to that Buzzfeed article."

Custom Title
    Who would have thought a few years ago that Virtue & Moir would become just a footnote in the illustrious career of Davis & White.!
    LOL sure ok whatever helps you sleep at night

Custom Title
    They seem to be gaining more and more momentum, the view count on their youtube videos, and fan page likes have skyrocketed.

Custom Title
    I do wonder though: how much do they get per episode?
    And what about their endorsements? Do they have ad campaigns, modeling contracts, speaking engagements all lined up as well? Those can be quite lucrative. I'm not aware of their next venture beyond DWTS unless their agent has lined up something which they'll unveil later ...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by anyanka View Post
    "The ones who look like Disney characters according to that Buzzfeed article."
    yes!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kresslia View Post
    LOL sure ok whatever helps you sleep at night
    Why you mad though?

Custom Title
    Why you mad though?
    Just being sassy
    I do like them very much though, and hope they continue to do well!

Custom Title
    Why you mad though?
    Ah yes, I'm clearly absolutely irate based off my "LOL".

Custom Title
    I adore Meryl and Charlie, but I don't think they're the most famous ice dancers ever. That honor probably still goes to Torvill and Dean. And in Canada, Tessa and Scott are nobody's footnote. They are legends and deservedly so. Nonetheless, I'm thrilled at the way that Meryl's and Charlie's name recognition and popularity seem to be growing. It will be good for them, of course, but it will also benefit skating in general and ice dancing in particular. Way to go, D/W!

Custom Title
    I wonder why Meryl never danced with such freedom and reckless abandon when she was skating... This is like a whole new person. But there is no way she could have learned how to move like that in such a short time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast