Skaters on Team Japan | Page 105 | Golden Skate

Skaters on Team Japan

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thought Keiji had his own thread but can't seem to find it. So just stopping by to say Good Luck in the FS. He was REALLY on his game for the SP. Great job! Go Keiji!

mikeko666

Final Flight
Congrats, Keiji! Two 4S in FS! I thought the Fellini FS might be a too difficult for him because I had never considered him as a comedian, but he pulled it off this time.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
My sister and I were watching the NHK broadcast and were like, "what alternate reality have we fallen into?" Keiji, two quads, no pops. What is this??
So happy for him.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Noticed how some people were talking about Keiji like he's a newcomer. His biography shows he was winning junior medals as long ago as 2010, and he turned senior for the 2014/2015 season. I guess he didn't win enough for us (outside of Japan) to hear more of him...I think his Massimo Scali choreography suits him really well! So happy for him and just LOVED the way he couldn't stop smiling prior to and during the medal ceremony! Now keep it up Keiji!

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Noticed how some people were talking about Keiji like he's a newcomer. His biography shows he was winning junior medals as long ago as 2010, and he turned senior for the 2014/2015 season. I guess he didn't win enough for us (outside of Japan) to hear more of him...

That's weird. :scratch2: He even took the silver medal at junior worlds in 2011, placed as high as 4th at last senior nationals and 6th at 4CC this year and he's coached by team Nagamitsu/Honda! He also hung around with Yuzuru a lot in the past, so many people might have heard of him/seen him before, but probably forgot again, because he wasn't visible on the senior circuit that much.

Anyway, I'm beyond thrilled for him! He was a very deserving podium spoiler! :laugh: And yes, he finally seems to be more comfortable with his programs. I guess, working with Dai on his presentation payed off after all!

Last edited:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That's weird. :scratch2: He even took the silver medal at junior worlds in 2011, placed as high as 4th at last senior nationals and 6th at 4CC this year and he's coached by team Nagamitsu/Honda! He also hung around with Yuzuru a lot in the past, so many people might have heard of him/seen him before, but probably forgot again, because he wasn't visible on the senior circuit that much.

Anyway, I'm beyond thrilled for him! He was a very deserving podium spoiler! :laugh: And yes, he finally seems to be more comfortable with his programs. I guess, working with Dai on his presentation payed off after all!

I saw a lot of people calling him Kenji too. But who cares at this point?! He's a bronze medalist! That smile of his was as big as the whole rink. Laughing at how he still couldn't figure out what to do with his hair - brushing it back, pulling it in front of his eyes, etc. He's so cute!

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Laughing at how he still couldn't figure out what to do with his hair - brushing it back, pulling it in front of his eyes, etc. He's so cute!

His hair reminded me so much of this. (I'm sorry, but he's also skating to the same music in his SP, so the comparison was inevitable. :biggrin:)

The perm seems to be back in fashion - Shoma also has it! :laugh:

ioanna

Record Breaker
After seeing Satoko's serial killer look in the kiss & cry today I am convinced she can fight Yamato if she wants to. Or at least throw a boot at him whenever he tells her she sucks.

yhmafan

Medalist
After seeing Satoko's serial killer look in the kiss & cry today I am convinced she can fight Yamato if she wants to. Or at least throw a boot at him whenever he tells her she sucks.

I’ve thought that Satoko is like a jack russell terrier. Tiny adorable appearance yet very strong inside so no question about that :laugh:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
His hair reminded me so much of this. (I'm sorry, but he's also skating to the same music in his SP, so the comparison was inevitable. :biggrin:)

The perm seems to be back in fashion - Shoma also has it! :laugh:

:clapper: Yes, Uncle Dai!!!! Not sure about Keiji, but Shoma's hair is definitely supposed to be tango hair. I know people who would kill to have that head of hair! :luv17: All 3 of them are too cute!

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Video of Fuji TV's coverage of Junior Nationals aired on Nov.26. Not sure if it's the exact same as the Nov. 20 broadcast. In addition to the FS of select skaters, it includes some short interviews and other fluff. I've only found low quality video uploaded so far.

Part 1: FS from Yuhana Yokoi (7:25), Saya Suzuki (16:45), Yuna Aoki (21:51), Rika Kihira (31:52). Rino Kasakake (33:49), and Riko Takino (43:48).
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x53k9di_全日本jr-フィギュアスケート選手権2016-1-2-2016年11月26日_fun

Part 2: FS from Kaori Sakamoto (00:07), Yuna Shiraiwa (05:58), Marin Honda (11:38), Mitsuki Sumoto (27:07), Koshiro Shimada (33:10) and Kazuki Tomono (39:06).
Focus on the boys starts at 23:50. I like how Mitsuki and Koshiro, then Koshiro and Kazuki "low five" as one exits the ice and the other enters. I wonder if all the guys did it?
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x53k8pf_全日本jr-フィギュアスケート選手権2016-2-2-2016年11月26日_fun

The FS of all featured skaters, except Riko Takino, Mitsuki and Koshiro, have already been uploaded in higher quality to the YT channel previously shared by YesWay. :thank: