Skaters on Team Japan | Page 31 | Golden Skate

Skaters on Team Japan

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Not at all Mrs. P. We can't be at our best all the time, and I too have at times misread posts.

Posted this before, but let me again congratulate you and Mr. P on your coming bundle of joy. :)

Thank you! :) And perfect segaway to say that was probably my pregnancy brain at work. :)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Sometimes being interested in the 3rd Japanese guy can bring unexpected things so it's not necessarily a bad thing :laugh: I can see him getting at least a GP event since he's already 19. There will be some vacant spots after all.
...yeah, maybe he'll finally get it together when he's 23, land a bunch of quads, make the 2018 Olympic team, and win a medal at Worlds with two clean skates. Then retire and break all our hearts. :slink: (But now that I think about it: for you, who watched Tatsuki struggle for all those years, it would've been incredible to finally see him put it together. Whereas for someone like me, who discovered him so late, his short peak seems so sad... Not that it's not sad for you too. Ack, I'm not expressing myself very well.)

So, back to Hiroaki Sato: Maybe he'll get a host pick at NHK? Or does he have a high SB for an invite? Still clueless about the GPs. :confused2:

ioanna

Record Breaker
So, back to Hiroaki Sato: Maybe he'll get a host pick at NHK? Or does he have a high SB for an invite? Still clueless about the GPs. :confused2:

NHK usually pick their best skaters so I'd say Yuzuru, Shoma and whoever else will prove himself as "worthy" will join them. :biggrin: Sato would probably follow the same road as Keiji Tanaka (who went to Cup Of China this season) although Keiji had much better results at Jr Worlds.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
NHK usually pick their best skaters so I'd say Yuzuru, Shoma and whoever else will prove himself as "worthy" will join them. :biggrin: Sato would probably follow the same road as Keiji Tanaka (who went to Cup Of China this season) although Keiji had much better results at Jr Worlds.
Why have Yuzuru and Shoma competing against each other? I think they can both get 2 invites.

ioanna

Record Breaker
Why have Yuzuru and Shoma competing against each other? I think they can both get 2 invites.

It would be good for ratings and attendance. After Yuzuru won Jr Worlds and made his debut as senior, they sent him to NHK Trophy with Dai.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I wouldn't be surprised if Yuzuru will completely skip next season GP series to heal from injuires , but it's propably totally delusional idea when it comes to him :drama:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I wouldn't be surprised if Yuzuru will completely skip next season GP series to heal from injuires , but it's propably totally delusional idea when it comes to him :drama:
If next season Mao comes back, Yuzuru might not skate at NHK, I think so.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Shizuka's dedication to not slacking off skating is admirable. She's such a good role model for the youngsters.

She's going to be my role model for getting back into shape post-pregnancy! She was just pregnant like four months ago!

yhmafan

Medalist
Go Team Japan :cheer:

Yuzuru, Taka, Dice, Mura, Kanako, Rika, Satoko, Riona and Mariko
Ryuichi & Narumi, Chris & Cathy. I will be rooting for them.

Wishing them and all other skaters the best of luck at the Worlds!! :cheer2:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
If next season Mao comes back, Yuzuru might not skate at NHK, I think so.

Are the skaters allowed to compete at the same GP event for two years in a row? Because if my memory does not fail me, Yuzuru has not done that so far. I think he's been going to NHK one year and going to other events the next. He went this season, but he didn't in 2013 (though that might have been because he couldn't be in the same GP events as Takahashi IDK), and then he did compete in Japan for 2012. And idk the only logical reason I could think of for a Japanese skater to not compete in Japan is because they weren't allowed. But please correct me if I'm wrong.

unico

Final Flight
Are the skaters allowed to compete at the same GP event for two years in a row? Because if my memory does not fail me, Yuzuru has not done that so far. I think he's been going to NHK one year and going to other events the next. He went this season, but he didn't in 2013 (though that might have been because he couldn't be in the same GP events as Takahashi IDK), and then he did compete in Japan for 2012. And idk the only logical reason I could think of for a Japanese skater to not compete in Japan is because they weren't allowed. But please correct me if I'm wrong.
There are no rules against it. You mention Takahashi, he competed at NHK from the 2005-2006 season straight up until last season.

Meoima's point was that NHK is usually kept for the skaters that the JSF feels will draw in the largest audiences. In the case of Asada returning, the JSF might not need Hanyu's presence to sell the tickets, so he might attend a different event. But I do think he'll still be sent again to NHK regardless.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
There are no rules against it. You mention Takahashi, he competed at NHK from the 2005-2006 season straight up until last season.

Meoima's point was that NHK is usually kept for the skaters that the JSF feels will draw in the largest audiences. In the case of Asada returning, the JSF might not need Hanyu's presence to sell the tickets, so he might attend a different event. But I do think he'll still be sent again to NHK regardless.

Thank you for clearing it up :) Yeah I got Meioma's point, it was just kind of an off-topic question. I hope he can skip the GP but with such a short career he's going to have and knowing how stubborn he is, I highly doubt it :disapp:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Go Team Japan :cheer:

Yuzuru, Taka, Dice, Mura, Kanako, Rika, Satoko, Riona and Mariko
Ryuichi & Narumi, Chris & Cathy. I will be rooting for them.

Wishing them and all other skaters the best of luck at the Worlds!! :cheer2:

Echoing this. I want the Japanese men and ladies to retain those three spots and have special wishes for the "veterans" Takahiko and Kanako to do well and exceed expectations. Actually, I want everyone to skate their best and make Worlds a memorable competition.

alia jackson

Record Breaker
"Tokyo, we have a problem".

Oh my Kozuka and Mura will be the first two to skate tomorrow :hopelessness:. Come on, fight to the end!!! :cheer2::cheer2: