Skaters on Team Japan | Page 53 | Golden Skate

Skaters on Team Japan

mikaboo

Medalist
thanks NMURA and mikaboo for the videos!!
i cant say i am fan of Marin's LP (yet XD), i hope she will bring her personality more, and she was looking really down after her skate :(

Beetlejuice soundtrack is an interesting choice for Marin. She wasn't able to get into her program here and seemed to be in a rush to get off the ice. I appreciate the unusual choice and I might end up liking it as the season progresses. I wonder if it would help her get into it if she wore something more Beetlejuice looking. Not that I can recall anything specific from the movie. And I love her SP even with the fall.
-------
Out of everyone from TJ so far, I'm liking Mitsuki Sumoto's FS the most. Probably because it's the cleanest without any big jumps :biggrin: I noticed that his coach is Onishi, Machida's former coach. Onishi seems to be the coach of Kai Xiang Chew of Malaysia and Kwun Hung Leung of Hong Kong too. It's great to see Japanese coaches with non-Japanese students.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Beetlejuice soundtrack is an interesting choice for Marin. She wasn't able to get into her program here and seemed to be in a rush to get off the ice. I appreciate the unusual choice and I might end up liking it as the season progresses. I wonder if it would help her get into it if she wore something more Beetlejuice looking. Not that I can recall anything specific from the movie. And I love her SP even with the fall.

didnt know her music is from Beetlejuice :slink: i wouldnt even guess haha, when i think about the movie fun and evil comes to mind first, most memorable scenes from movie is Dinner scene and song at the end, i think it would have been fun if her or someone else used this music (i dont know, maybe they did at past XD)

skateyamada

On the Ice
Just saw on twitter that Miyu Honda (Marin's younger sister) age 11 just competed in the West Japan Elementary Figure Skating Championships.
Apparently she did:
3Lo tano
3F
2A2T2Lo
3S2T - tano on 2T
2Lz2Lo
2A tano

NMURA

Medalist
maybe from the same source

Rika Kihira
3F 2A-3T 3Lz-3T 3Lo fall 3Lz-2T-2Lo 3S

(Miyu's score is 72.99)

mikaboo

Medalist
That looks like a very good score from Kihira. Over 20 points higher compared to her Asian Open Trophy FS.
In some ways, I liked her more than Iwano, particularly the jumps.

I read on someone's twitter that Miyu acquired the 3Lo and 3F so I guess she didn't have them before (I don't know much about novice skaters). It's amazing how much she's been able to improve despite her busy schedule.
Looking forward to Shiraiwa's debut at JGP with Marin. Who will place higher? :popcorn:
And Sena vs. Koshiro rivalry is exciting too.

----------
The protocols from Summer Trophy in Saitama last weekend came out at last today.
http://www.jsfresults.com/local/2015-2016/fs/11/01/index.htm
Disappointed to see Daichi Miyata in 3rd place and he seems injured. He has his first JGP in 5 days! He'll probably lose his 2nd JGP spot if he doesn't place high :scowl:
And Yuka Nagai scoring lower than the junior winner. Those pops are :bang:

Last edited:

mikaboo

Medalist
didnt know her music is from Beetlejuice :slink: i wouldnt even guess haha, when i think about the movie fun and evil comes to mind first, most memorable scenes from movie is Dinner scene and song at the end, i think it would have been fun if her or someone else used this music (i dont know, maybe they did at past XD)

Thanks for the links matmuh. I can't remember anything about the movie even after watching the above except where his head shrunk. And for some reason I was sure Johnny Depp was in it but obviously not :p I wonder if anyone else has skated to the same music as Marin before. I wish there was a reliable database for skaters' music from the past.

yhmafan

Medalist
Thank you for the many links, Very helpful and I really appreciate that as being lazy :laugh: :thumbsup:

mikaboo

Medalist
More videos from Asian Open Trophy have been uploaded.

Keiji Tanaka SP

Mai Mihara SP

Kaori Sakamoto SP

Riona Kato SP

I've only watched them once, but I love Mai's SP maybe because she was the cleanest.
Kaori's looked like a mess, is she going through a growth spurt? She looks taller but then so does Mai.
Everything about Keiji except the jumps look good. Even his spins look faster than before.

ETA:
Hiroaki Sato SP

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
More videos from Asian Open Trophy have been uploaded.

Keiji Tanaka SP

Mai Mihara SP

Kaori Sakamoto SP

Riona Kato SP

I've only watched them once, but I love Mai's SP maybe because she was the cleanest.
Kaori's looked like a mess, is she going through a growth spurt? She looks taller but then so does Mai.
Everything about Keiji except the jumps look good. Even his spins look faster than before.

the strange frills at the ends of Keiji's sleeves must be cut off immediately. They are messing up his line and very distracting. I like the way Keiji skates but his jumps are really holding him back.

hamaguri

Record Breaker
----------
The protocols from Summer Trophy in Saitama last weekend came out at last today.
http://www.jsfresults.com/local/2015-2016/fs/11/01/index.htm
Disappointed to see Daichi Miura in 3rd place and he seems injured. He has his first JGP in 5 days! He'll probably lose his 2nd JGP spot if he doesn't place high :scowl:
And Yuka Nagai scoring lower than the junior winner. Those pops are :bang:

Poor Daichi..:hopelessness: It’s worrying me…

Yuka popped some of the jumps? It may sharply reduce the TES:no:…

mikaboo

Medalist
Poor Daichi..:hopelessness: It’s worrying me…

Yuka popped some of the jumps? It may sharply reduce the TES:no:…

Seems like she couldn't do the combo in the SP and popped 2 jumps in the FS. I count about 5 jump mistakes in the FS alone (yikes).

I just realized I wrote Daichi "Miura" instead of "Miyata" :laugh: Sorry Daichi. Good luck this week!

ETA:
Hiroaki Sato SP

Last edited:

yhmafan

Medalist
Interesting fact that the TJ members who will participate JO, are apparently all blood type B :laugh:

and some below comments says that don’t forget about Yuzuru and Taka, they are also B-type.

Interestingly, we can see the B-type takes up high percentage in TJ considering the fact that about 70% of Japanese are blood type A or O.

skatefan22

Medalist
Interesting fact that the TJ members who will participate JO, are apparently all blood type B :laugh:

and some below comments says that don’t forget about Yuzuru and Taka, they are also B-type.

Interestingly, we can see the B-type takes up high percentage in TJ considering the fact that about 70% of Japanese are blood type A or O.

No wonder Kana says on her Twitter profile that she wants to be a type B though she is type A. :biggrin:

mikaboo

Medalist
Yay, Daichi did much better today than I thought he would. I don' t really see Daisuke Takahashi in him like the commentator said though:think:
Like hamaguri wrote before, I see Nakaniwa in him but I don't expect the commentator to know him.
Too bad about Koshiro, but that was a nice fight with the combo.
As for the ladies, I'm so happy for Mai and sad for Rin. I liked Akiko's choreography for Rin so hopefully she can skate well in the FS and she can get a 2nd JGP assignment. Good luck to everyone in the FS.

Daichi Miyata SP 59.89
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA_m3okf5FE

Koshiro Shimada SP 47.77
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNkb3QkG9zI

Mai Mihara SP 60.81
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utpuhQxyPNs
w/K&C
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJopfF2mrbc

Rin Nitaya SP 47.19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyV0NiFv2ao
w/K&C
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfCzZa7V-Ls

Scores & things.
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1516/jgpsvk2015/index.htm

Plumededragon

Medalist
Congratulations to Mai for the silver medal! :cheer:She scored 118.55 at the FS, for a total of 179.36. Rin fell on her 3S, but still finished 4th with 150.35, which isn't bad at all. :yes:

malo42

On the Ice
In the predictions thread everyone seemed to be putting Mai in 5th and all I could think was "Everyone is totally underestimating Mai!!" I'm glad to see she proved me right. To bad about Koshiro, I was hoping to see him make a strong debut... maybe the FS will be better for him.

Every time I see the JGP assignments I feel like the ladies are really strong this year! I'm looking forward to Yuna and Kaori next week.

yhmafan

Medalist
Congrats on your silver Mai :clap:

No wonder Kana says on her Twitter profile that she wants to be a type B though she is type A. :biggrin:

You know, Japanese people quite like to talk about the blood type based character assessment^^; maybe it sounds strange to non-Japanese people.....

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Congrats on girls! 2nd and 4th place are great and not bad, respectively! Especially Mai felt strong, her landings were smooth. She can harmonize with music.

2. Mai MIHARA (JPN) - 179.36 Free Skate
4. Rin NITAYA (JPN) - 150.35 Free Skate

MEDAL CEREMONY

Go boys! Koshiro and Daichi!:cheer:

Yay, Daichi did much better today than I thought he would. I don' t really see Daisuke Takahashi in him like the commentator said though:think:
Like hamaguri wrote before, I see Nakaniwa in him but I don't expect the commentator to know him.
]

I also thought, why Dai? :scratch: But I take it as their compliment about Daichi's skating (lol). Dai’s skating was great. Anyway, any distinctive influence of injury I was afraid of doesn’t seem to be seen. It assured me.

Last edited: