I noticed the individual threads for several of the Japanese skaters and thought that maybe a general thread to gush over all of them was needed. We know that Japan has been declared the home of figure skating due to the immense popularity it has in the country as well as the awesome Japanese fans that attend these shows who do their best to support every skater, regardless of nationality.
And if you haven't fallen in love with Team Japan, here are just a couple reasons! Please feel free to help me out, other Team Japan lovers.
- They're all immensely talented in their own right
- The older skaters, Daisuke and Mao have paved way for younger skaters like Yuzuru and Kanako
- They're huge dorks, on and off the ice
- They're extremely humble and hard-working
- They're all amazing to watch and seeing them grow as skaters makes us feel like proud Mamas and Papas
- Their team chemistry is seriously one-of-a-kind! I love seeing them all together, particularly during ice shows
- They're so much fun that there are a lot of people that can be considered as honorary Team Japan members (basically any skater that has performed at THE ICE shows)
- There are also some up-and-coming juniors that we should watch out for on the road to Pyeongchang
Show team Japan some love!
A picture to celebrate the start of this thread.