Skaters on Team Japan | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Skaters on Team Japan

BusyMom

Medalist
^ Just got a chance to watch it. It's really funny. Love the whole show. I am also a big s***er for animals. The polar bear and the fish are super cute. I can't believe they went through all that trouble for a TV show.

Now I have to try to find Shizuka's episode.

I''m going to go through the other videos from that users. Thanks mikaboo. :bow:

ioanna

Record Breaker
GP assignments for Team Japan only

Skate America
Haruka Imai
Tatsuki Machida
Cathy Reed & Chris Reed

Skate Canada
Rika Hongo
Satoko Miyahara
Takahiko Kozuka
Takahito Mura

Cup of China
Kanako Murakami
Yuzuru Hanyu
Keiji Tanaka

Rostelecom Cup
Miyabi Oba
Takahiko Kozuka

Trophee Bompard
Haruka Imai
Tatsuki Machida

NHK Trophy
Satoko Miyahara
Kanako Murakami
TBD - ladies
Yuzuru Hanyu
Takahito Mura
TBD - men
Narumi Takahashi & Ryuichi Kihara
Cathy Reed & Chris Reed
TBD - ice dance

Some important absences are only now starting to show and this feels like the beginning of a new era. I hope everyone does well!

ioanna

Record Breaker
I don't know who the empty slot is for, apart from Keiji Tanaka. Can they assign Shoma Uno?

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
No, he's in seniors but he doesn't qualify for a GP spot. Maybe NHK can give the empty slot to him? Who knows :eek:hwell:
Oh, that´s sad. He, Keiji and Yuzuru look pretty close and I will like to see him getting his confidence up.I hope he gets it.

Isn´t Shoma Uno´s 3A very unstable, I think he should stay in Jrs at least one more year (maybe he will grow up a little too).

Get´s the one that is performing the best will get the NHK slot.

ioanna

Record Breaker
Shoma still can't perform a clean 3A but his results are somehow as good (if not better) as Keiji's or Ryuju's.

I think it will most probably go to Keiji.

makaihime

Final Flight
Keiji also didn't qualify for one, but they gave one to him because he had a better season than Hino and they probably want to give at least 1 or 2 of their up and coming skaters experience. The last spot is probably on reserve for Shoma IF he decides to go senior (which I don't think he should) but if Shoma doesn't move up, then it's a toss up between Keiji and Hino. Really depends if JSF wants to invest in both or just one. I personally hope they give Hino a chance :)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Competing in seniors without a 3A seems like an anachronism. I wouldn't really recommend it. But perhaps his team wants him to have the experience.

I'm still unsure about what effect height has on jumps. What's the ideal figure skating body? Shorter and stockier for good balance, like Stojko and Patrick? Tall for big jumps, like Plushy and Joubert? Super thin like Yuzu? I'd be more worried about a singles skater who's too tall, rather than too short...

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I did this data search about two monts ago for the Tatsuki thead

Let´s see the size of Worlds/ Olympic Champions just to get and idea
Alexei Yagudin 1.75
Plushenko 1.78
Evan Lyzacek 1.88
Ilia Kulik 1.80
Alexei Urmanov 1.80
Viktor Petrenko 1.78
Brian Boitano 1.80
Scott Hamilton 1.60
And we already know Yuzuru is 1.71

Average 1.76mts, and lets said that Scott and Yuzuru "help" put down the average a lot

Instead Japanese figure skationg champions
Daisuki Takahashi 1.65
Takahiko Kozuka 1.70
Nobunari Oda 1.64
Takeshi Honda 1.68
Yamato Tamura 1.74
Yosuke Takeuchi 1.65
Yuzuru Hanyu 1.71

Average 1.68mts. And just for information averge size in Japan is 1.707 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Templat...ound_the_world

Don´t know exactly how does affect but it seem that more of the Olympic champions are on the taller side, I guess that being taller maybe give youa chance to be stronger, but then again Yuzuru is very skiny. Yuzuru has say that he learned form Mao´s 3A that she jumps more by doing it at the right time than from having lots of strength. But for the girls once they grow up some lose their jumps.

So I really don´t know.