Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Korean gymnast to be the next Star power after Yuna Kim ?

Custom Title
    Look like you tried too hard to show your hateful to Yuna, fine, I will give you some info even though you maybe don't like it, haha

Son Yeon Jae is not a new star, actually her peak popularity was around olympic 2012, then it just downfall after that.

It was true that Korean media compared her with Yuna so many times, so much hype around her before, but Korean public simply didn't take it, instead they got tired then criticized her, even with her winning something these days, her anti on Korea internet community is no joke, hardly found any congrats mess to her

Banned

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    leading Korean media to speculate that her popularity may reach the level of Olympic figure skating champion Kim Yu-na
    For your more info, this kind of compare is the main reason she got all the hate from Korea netizens, she actually reached some level there, same as Mao or Adelina in Korea, ha

As for the general public, not that serious bully, but before she reach highest level same as Yuna, Korea sports already have countless athletes bigger than her in every mean, talk about Ryu, Park Ji Sung, Choo Shin Soo, Park Inbee, Park Tae Hwan, Lee Sang Hwa, park seung hi, shim suk hee, lee yong dae .... They are all world-class athletes

The only reason she was compared with Yuna because her good looking, plus the help from her agency, that's all.

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Wait a miniute, we are talking about gymnast, not ice skating? Since when this forum change its direction?
    Ps: has just seen her picture, not as beautiful as Yuna.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Wait a miniute, we are talking about gymnast, not ice skating? Since when this forum change its direction?
    Ps: has just seen her picture, not as beautiful as Yuna.
    Don't know, just follow the theard, haha

I'm glad if mod take care of it though

I just don't think that Yeon Jae is even near to Yuna at this level. Her winning record is just far from Yuna's record at this moment... i don't want to put her down, hope to see her improve...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    is this even related to skating?? to answer your question.. no, the yuna ubers are not panicking.. actually it's the opposite.. i bet those crazy ubers/pro-nationalists are now moving on to rhythmic gymnastics after what happened in sochi.. they have a new athelete/celebrity to obsess about..which is another judged sport..where the russians are dominating..

while those real fans of yuna are still here.. and continues to support figure skating in general in korea..
    lol

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    no different from Ice Dance in Canton training different countries
    You don't know much about RG, do you?

I showed this girl in this forum on 2012 summer. She competed in London Olympic Games, and she was 4th, if I remember well. I also thought she will be the next Yuna for the Koreans. But I don't know too much about her career ... She had Russian coach and she lived in Moscow in that time.

Custom Title
    I keep up with gymnastics far more than with FS, and no one has ever even mentioned this girl in passing. And we usually discuss pretty obscure gymnasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
    I keep up with gymnastics far more than with FS, and no one has ever even mentioned this girl in passing. And we usually discuss pretty obscure gymnasts.
    she is rhythmic gymnast https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpRC4u6Tl7g

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    I think it's because Yuna used to be under IB Sports but some sketchy stuff happened and now she has her own agency. I believe Yeon Jae is under IB Sports who allegedly keep trying to push her as the "next Yuna Kim." Something like that. I haven't followed kpop news in the long, long time, if ever.
    CORRECT. and Son has been paying Viner about $30,000 per month for,,,, you know
    I don't see many fans of her cause her gala show tickets were not sold out nor any products she's been promoting were the top sellers.
    People started bad feeling about her overwhelmed commercials, too many trivial articles about her life, and her unprofessional attitude.
    For me, I don't even care about her and her agency but sometimes they are trying hard to pull Kim down and that bothers me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2