Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sotnikova wants to add quadruple toe loop?

Aren't people tired of the so-and-so will attempt a quad or some other impossible jump that even the greatest competitors have never landed?

These news are just attention-seeking attempts to stay "relevant" because some other skater said they will do this and that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    Doing two 3-3 in the free program makes no CoP sense all in all, so I doubt that she would do that.

If Adelina ever got a quad ratified before she retires, I think she would overcome the Olympic stigma she's been put in a position to shoulder.
    Just curious, why wouldn't two 3-3s be effective for lifting one's score?

P/B Appreciation Squad fleeting's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPack View Post
    Aren't people tired of the so-and-so will attempt a quad or some other impossible jump that even the greatest competitors have never landed?

These news are just attention-seeking attempts to stay "relevant" because some other skater said they will do this and that.
    Usually I would agree with you but Adelina has been put in a very hard place. She has to say she's working hard and trying to better the difficulty of her programs or people will come after her next season with accusations of laziness unbecoming of someone with an OGM. She has to push herself to an impossibly high standard because of the controversy surrounding her win.

(Not that I agree with her win, but I can't stand that people sent death threats to her. It wasn't under her control, people.)

Banned
    No one is going to criticize her for laziness. They will criticize her if she skates clean next season, yet can't match her personal best score. And it will be pretty controversial if all the other great ladies out there are doing clean programs and getting lower PCS than her seemingly only because she has the OGM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by fleeting View Post
    (Not that I agree with her win, but I can't stand that people sent death threats to her. It wasn't under her control, people.)
    C'mon, no need to reapeat that again and again. Her personal page had someone take responbility (or she done by herself, lol), they already banned so many people, no one sent anything to her now

Quote Originally Posted by fleeting View Post
    Usually I would agree with you but Adelina has been put in a very hard place. She has to say she's working hard and trying to better the difficulty of her programs or people will come after her next season with accusations of laziness unbecoming of someone with an OGM. She has to push herself to an impossibly high standard because of the controversy surrounding her win.

Well, then she can prove herself at the next Worlds on the ice, not through the gossip-mongering press. I can't imagine anyone accusing her of laziness. She skated her best, the judging was skewed, so in actuality, she is faultless. But stop the attention-seeking claims to attempt this and that jump; it will only exacerbate the situation. Lay low and only take gigs that pay well.

Banned
    Yeah I think she is just a clueless teenager, which we all stand at times. I don't know but I see way too many potential Russians coming up, and the federation would most likely not support her for next Olympics because of this huge controversy, and rather raise top level performers.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8in View Post
    Just curious, why wouldn't two 3-3s be effective for lifting one's score?
    There are seven jump passes in the free skate for ladies, three of which may be combinations. Only two types of triples may be repeated twice, and double-axels can be repeated twice. A lady skater w/ full set of triples minus a triple-axel can do the following:

triple-lutz-triple-loop
    triple-flip
    triple-salchow
    triple-flip-triple-toe loop
    triple-lutz

in the first five jump passes, thereby using up all the triples she can include in a program. The skater still has two jump passes which she may fill with double jumps (axels, most likely), but given that the chances of the second triple in a combination being ratified are quite slim (particularly the triple loop), it is smarter point-wise to do double jumps in the combination passes (which are far more likely to be ratified), and use your triple jumps as singular jumps in the 6th and 7th jump passes. So do something like:

triple-lutz-triple-toe-loop
    triple-flip
    triple-salchow
    triple-flip-double-loop-double-loop
    triple-lutz
    triple-loop
    double-axel-double-loop

Since Adelina actually doesn't have a lutz, she can only do 4 types of triples, if she wants to do two combos with triple-triple, what she could do is:

triple-flip
    triple-salchow-single-loop-triple-loop
    triple-loop
    double-axel-double-toe loop-double loop
    double-axel
    double-lutz (I presume she can do a double lutz; otherwise, double-flip)

Which is a silly layout, and not at all CoP-smart.

On the Ice
    [QUOTE=gettinglow;910556] Let's just say her artistry is pretty junky and her skating skills pretty clunky.

I would be more impressed if she like Hanyu planned to work on weak aspects of her skating and improve overall than giving meaningless promises to work on a quad admitting at the same time that it is not likely to happen next season. I read this as a sign that she feels insecure in a light of Julia's consistency and bigger popularity and also of success of Anna P at Worlds

Custard Title
    So Adelina really wants a 4Toe. Lol. I wonder how long it'll take for a Russian girl to actually do a 4Toe.

There are seven jump passes in the free skate for ladies, three of which may be combinations. Only two types of triples may be repeated twice, and double-axels can be repeated twice. A lady skater w/ full set of triples minus a triple-axel can do the following:

in the first five jump passes, thereby using up all the triples she can include in a program. The skater still has two jump passes which she may fill with double jumps (axels, most likely), but given that the chances of the second triple in a combination being ratified are quite slim (particularly the triple loop), it is smarter point-wise to do double jumps in the combination passes (which are far more likely to be ratified), and use your triple jumps as singular jumps in the 6th and 7th jump passes. So do something like:
    Yeah, no. Toe loops are not that hard to get ratified, and both Sotnikova and Asada got backend 3Loops ratified this season, so it's not impossible. Adelina flutzes but she rarely misses her flutz, so she has 5 types of triples available for use, even if one kind always gets a deduction. Her best layout this season was
    3Lutz-3Loop
    3Flip
    3Loop
    2Axel-3Toe
    3Salchow
    3Flip-2Toe-2Loop
    2Axel

If she actually gets a quad toe, she could do this:
    4Toe
    3Lutz-3Loop
    3Flip
    3Toe-3Toe
    2Axel
    3Salchow
    3Flip-2Toe-2Loop

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8in View Post
    And it will be pretty controversial if all the other great ladies out there are doing clean programs and getting lower PCS than her seemingly only because she has the OGM.
    If Mao and Caro retire, Adelina will be the best one left. Who deserves better PCS? Ashley? Gracie?

Custom Title
    Since Adelina actually doesn't have a lutz, she can only do 4 types of triples, if she wants to do two combos with triple-triple, what she could do is:

triple-flip
    triple-salchow-single-loop-triple-loop
    triple-loop
    double-axel-double-toe loop-double loop
    double-axel
    double-lutz (I presume she can do a double lutz; otherwise, double-flip)

Which is a silly layout, and not at all CoP-smart.
    The fact that she doesnt have a lutz doesn't matter to the current rules. she can flutz all day and only receive 0~-1 GOE.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CarneAsada View Post

If she actually gets a quad toe, she could do this:
    4Toe
    3Lutz-3Loop
    3Flip
    3Toe-3Toe
    2Axel
    3Salchow
    3Flip-2Toe-2Loop
    Her Best layout/most probable.. (as if a 4T is probable)... assuming from history that 3Lz-3Lo is basically impossible to get ratified.

4T
    3Lz(e)-3T\
    3F-1Lo-3S
    3F
    2A-3T
    3Lo
    2A

1 Quad, 7 triples, 2 2As, this would be one ridiculous technical program to pull off. Basically a men's program.

umm...
    Quote Originally Posted by jkun View Post
    Her Best layout/most probable.. (as if a 4T is probable)... assuming from history that 3Lz-3Lo is basically impossible to get ratified.

4T
    3Lz(e)-3T\
    3F-1Lo-3S

3F
    2A-3T
    3Lo
    2A

1 Quad, 7 triples, 2 2As, this would be one ridiculous technical program to pull off. Basically a men's program.
    Her legs are gonna fall off after that

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow63 View Post
    Her legs are gonna fall off after that
    I don't think she could control her jumps enough to do the 3F-1Lo-3S anyway...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast