All That Skate and Stars on Ice (Japan) | Golden Skate

All That Skate and Stars on Ice (Japan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chalk5

Match Penalty
What are your thoughts about these ice shows in terms of their popularity
I was quite surprised to see that some of Yuna's close friends like Patrick Chan and as well as old colleague like Carolina Kostner who participated in Yuna's ice show before will be in Japan.
Is Stars on Ice is an international ice show that travels or is it Mao's show.

I was just surprised how to see some of the casts (not that familiar) in Yuna's as well as Stars on Ice (lots of familiar faces).

I wonder if people were offered jobs but they had to choose one or the other, or simply others weren't invited. Any inputs would be appreciated.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Stars On Ice is an international show, Mao has her own show called The Ice that happens later in the year

and All That Skate is in the beginning of May this year, Patrick will be in Stars on Ice in Canada and not Japan

nguyenghita

On the Ice
All That Skate is Yuna's own show while SOI is IMG's tour, not Mao's, I don't see anything to compare two here.

But for skaters, Yuna show is probaly the best choice for them. They were paid very generous by Yuna, be treated like VIP stars with 5 stars hotel, limousin bus, group of bodygaurds following them every step, hundreds of screaming fans waiting for them (for Yuna mainly, anw) after each show, like a true rockstar. I'm sure Korea is the only place in the world they could received that kind of treatment :cool:

cooper

Medalist
is this thread even necessary?? it's good to see all these shows for the skaters.. more shows.. more income the better..

aftertherain

Record Breaker
I was quite surprised to see that some of Yuna's close friends like Patrick Chan and as well as old colleague like Carolina Kostner who participated in Yuna's ice show before will be in Japan.

Are they supposed to take sides now???

(Also, as far as I'm concerned, Carolina's everyone's big sister--she was certainly to Julia and Adelina at the Olympics.)
is this thread even necessary?? it's good to see all these shows for the skaters.. more shows.. more income the better..

Seriously! Is there really a need to pit them against each other? More money for them, more entertainment for us. And it seems like they're all having fun either way.

Franklin99

Medalist
All That Skate is Yuna's own show while SOI is IMG's tour, not Mao's, I don't see anything to compare two here.

But for skaters, Yuna show is probaly the best choice for them. They were paid very generous by Yuna, be treated like VIP stars with 5 stars hotel, limousin bus, group of bodygaurds following them every step, hundreds of screaming fans waiting for them (for Yuna mainly, anw) after each show, like a true rockstar. I'm sure Korea is the only place in the world they could received that kind of treatment :cool:

Stop telling lies. Every skater who has skated in a show in Japan always, always have/has nothing but positive things to say. And most importantly THEY KEEP COMING BACK TO PARTICIPATE in future shows. While i'm sure they're treated very well with nothing but respect in Korea, to act like that only happens in Korea is very misleading and an absolute lie.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

lol

anyways SOI wins by a landslide

makaihime

Final Flight

Your delusions are strong. :sarcasm: Anyways, I prefer SOI because they're alot more entertaining and fun. And +1 for a pointless thread.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
I don't think someone is in a position to call someone Yuna fan when another kind of "bot" can be applied to them as well. :rolleye:

pec0

Match Penalty

I enjoy this thread very much. It's a pity only Korean people have privilege to attend All That Skate the quality of which is obviously the best in universe and imformation is so scarce.

cuon_alpinus

On the Ice
I enjoy this thread very much. It's a pity only Korean people have privilege to attend All That Skate the quality of which is obviously the best in universe and imformation is so scarce.

I heard it's even hard for Koreans to attend the show. The tickets for 3 days have been sold out in 30mins. But we can always see the part of the show through youtube. :)

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I like both shows!

It's nice to see the fun and sweet side of the skaters in the Japan SOI Tours (plus in the other countless tours happening in Japan). On the other hand, I like the grandeur that All That Skate offers. Also, ATS really reminds me of European ice shows. Plus, I can always count on the photographers of ATS to give me fabulous HD pics.

Although most of the Korean audience are cheering for Yuna, it's awesome to know that they're warming up (or already are) to the other skaters especially to the Europeans and the Canadians. Some posters in other forums said that her agency actually pays attention to whom the audience may want to see next in each show. Anyway, I think it's a good start for some skaters to start this quadrennial by participating in her show since the next Olympics is in SK.

cuon_alpinus

On the Ice
They are both have high quality of performances. FYI the opening ceremony for "all that skate" will be frozen medley and the finale would be "Time to Say Goodbye" by Sarah Brightman & Andrea Bocelli. I think yuna will be doing "adios nonino" and new gala program called "nessum dorma" in musical turandot. The music will be played by orchestra. It would be magnificent.

The theme in 2013 for all that show was "Les miserable". Here are opening and finale if you're curious. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kjwUhSYQ00 , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxsQ5Xw1q5E

I am not sure what the theme is for SOI in japan tho.

ahy

Final Flight
They are both have high quality of performances. FYI the opening ceremony for "all that skate" will be frozen medley and the finale would be "Time to Say Goodbye" by Sarah Brightman & Andrea Bocelli. I think yuna will be doing "adios nonino" and new gala program called "nessum dorma" in musical turandot. The music will be played by orchestra. It would be magnificent.

The theme in 2013 for all that show was "Les miserable". Here are opening and finale if you're curious. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kjwUhSYQ00 , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxsQ5Xw1q5E

I am not sure what the theme is for SOI in japan tho.

She is doing send in the clowns with live orchestra

babyskate

On the Ice
I saw Stars on Ice last night in New Jersey. Meryl and Charlie were captivating. I completely enjoyed Jason Brown's and Josh Farris' performances as well. It was a entertaining show where much of the audience was young girls and their parents. (plus my group of aged 50 + and their teenagers.). If I had the chance I would go to All that Skate show too. I agree that supporting any ice show is the way to go.

Rubirosa

Match Penalty
Are you skaters' accountant? Yuna's accountant? Mao's? How can you know who pay what? Trolling much? It's boring. You should visit skaters' social media, like twitter, instagram, to see how they are doing while touring aroud Japan. Besides, Japan has really many shows. Korea- only one. In terms of fans=money Japan is better for skaters. More shows, more money. But if they have a time window to visit Korea's shows, why not. They are doing their work. Don't see a problem.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
This looks just awful, even for a Gala.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ns0mCEtuMM

What's with the ugly black shirt, it so not matches the leggings.

I was surprised at her outfit in the beginning too, but I realize it is supposed to be a very raw performance. No pretense. You can truly sense raw emotion and it is wonderful. Very different from some of the more "sparkly" cookie-cutter performances with little personal touch *cough cough*.

Status
Not open for further replies.