Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 124

Thread: Who is practicing new Quads? Which ones?

  1. #1
    Cheering Wildly from the stands
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    625

    Hanyu Lands the 4Lo! Who is practicing new Quads? Which ones?

    I just wanted to start this thread to see if there is info about skaters practicing new quad jumps to add to their programs in the future.

    According to twitter Hanyu just landed a 4Lo at the end of Super Stars on Ice in Sapporo...I don't know if we will see this on film because it seems the TV cameras weren't there today, but his failed attempt the day before yesterday is available to see Here at 2:40
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1m...E3%82%93_sport

    He plans to add a new quad the season after the next, maybe he's using shows to train in front of an audience.

    So who is training which jump?
    I guess Jason Brown will be ready with a brand new shiny 4T in the fall?

  2. #2
    tripping on the toe pick
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    186
    Hanyu's training mate Fernandez is also practising 4Lo. Like Yuzu, he is not going to add it to his program yet, at least I don't think so. Doing a 4T and two 4S in free skate is probably enough...

  3. #3
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    721
    Quote Originally Posted by nimi View Post
    Hanyu's training mate Fernandez is also practising 4Lo. Like Yuzu, he is not going to add it to his program yet, at least I don't think so. Doing a 4T and two 4S in free skate is probably enough...
    How come I am not surprised? Testosterone must be running high at TCC. Nam also said that when he returns to TCC after Worlds he will be working on a quad jump.

    Adelina and Julia are also practicing their quads per their threads here in GS.

  4. #4
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,018
    Hanyu's "quad loop challenge"
    http://matome.naver.jp/odai/2139317382668747501

    According to Hanyu himself, Fernandez is already landing all kinds of quad jumps in practice. I don't think It includes the 4axel though, the 4loop is definitely a possibility. Hanyu says that he wants to try the first jump(s) in history to boost the morale. If his teammate is landing it in practice, the "first in history" can't be compromised. Yes, he will go for it in next season.

  5. #5
    tripping on the toe pick
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    Hanyu says that he wants to try the first jump(s) in history to boost the morale. If his teammate is landing it in practice, the "first in history" can't be compromised. Yes, he will go for it in next season.


    So... Next season, we might see Yuzu and Javi trying to out-4loop each other?!

    Good gods...

  6. #6
    umm...
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Bears, vodka, balalaika...
    Posts
    618
    Lipnitskaia, Tuktamysheva and Sotnikova are practicing 4T

  7. #7
    Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    At the Rink
    Posts
    3,198
    What is the BV on a 2a-4t? I'm not taking Yulia too seriously yet but if she does a quad my guess is it will be after a 2a. The BV on her 2a-3t is 8.14(higher because of bonus?) in Japan where she actually scored 8.84 with pretty much straight +1 GOE's. I really don't think going for the quad makes much sense if she can just plan that 2a-3t later in the program for bonus points like Euro's and Worlds layout which wasn't planned either time.

  8. #8
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    204
    Oh my. Hanyu is like flying on ice!

  9. #9
    Custard Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    990
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    What is the BV on a 2a-4t? I'm not taking Yulia too seriously yet but if she does a quad my guess is it will be after a 2a. The BV on her 2a-3t is 8.14. In Japan she actually scored 8.84 with pretty much straight +1 GOE's in bonus time. I really don't think going for the quad makes much sense if she can just plan that 2a-3t later in the program for bonus points like Euro's and Worlds layout which wasn't planned either time.
    3.3+10.3=13.6

  10. #10
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    17
    Yuzuru Hanyu - get ALL the quads! \o/

    (I kid, I kid. Tbh I'm more interested in those who've shown that they can fully rotate them in practices/shows. Because it's a long road from 0 to almost fully rotating, another to rotating fully and another long road to landing and then yet ANOTHER long road to landing as part of a complete skate/in competitions. Sometimes practice =/= results, sadly to say; a lot of of would-be quads can get lost along the way)

  11. #11
    Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    At the Rink
    Posts
    3,198
    Quote Originally Posted by CarneAsada View Post
    3.3+10.3=13.6
    That's what I thought and wow that would be huge. No wonder everyone is talking this up. Maybe they are just trying to fool everyone into practicing it and getting hurt. Watching Hanyu go for it in that video makes me nervous. I'd rather Yulia just gets that new spin she's working on and change her layout to match the one in Euros more or less. Gotta admit...13.6 is pretty tempting though.

  12. #12
    umm...
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Bears, vodka, balalaika...
    Posts
    618
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    That's what I thought and wow that would be huge. No wonder everyone is talking this up. Maybe they are just trying to fool everyone into practicing it and getting hurt. Watching Hanyu go for it in that video makes me nervous. I'd rather Yulia just gets that new spin she's working on and change her layout to match the one in Euros more or less. Gotta admit...13.6 is pretty tempting though.
    Even just 10.3 points for 4t without combination look tempting
    And I'm not sure anyone in the world jumps 4T as the second jump in a combo. Not even men.

  13. #13
    Ice is slippery.
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    399
    Quote Originally Posted by ShootAnonymous View Post
    Sometimes practice =/= results, sadly to say; a lot of of would-be quads can get lost along the way)
    Lol as shown with Yuzuru's 4S. He nails its in practice almost consistently, but...ehh not so much in the actual competition Hope that'll change this season

    And OF COURSE~ Its the 2 quad fanatic that are planning to do the 4Lo Then after the 4Lo, it'll be the 4Lz, and then 4F and so-forth till their entire program is quads and axel combos.
    Anyways, I think its always good to have someone to measure yourself against and the dynamics in cricket must be extremely entertaining Just want those 2 to take it easy and keep taking 1-2 on that podium for the coming quad

  14. #14
    Custard Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    990
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow63 View Post
    Even just 10.3 points for 4t without combination look tempting
    And I'm not sure anyone in the world jumps 4T as the second jump in a combo. Not even men.
    If only Plushy had gotten that 3A-4T combination...

  15. #15
    umm...
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Bears, vodka, balalaika...
    Posts
    618
    I've heard that Kovtun is practicing 4Lz. He already have 4T and 4sal in the bag, so who knows...

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •