Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Who is practicing new Quads? Which ones?

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    I think Kevin Reynolds has a long way to go before his programs are interesting - other than his jumps. I don't think he presents well at all. What sealed my opinion was his comment about not listening to the music. Excuse me? How can you deliver a program without listening to the music and skating to it? Basically he's going from one jump to the other and his costume, music and yes - even his hair - is just along for the ride. It's a shame because he does seem to be gifted. I just question the motivation. What IS he doing to improve his skating skills?
    I SOOO agree with you... Considering his jumps are often UR, there is almost nothing interesting left...
    And the question is : for his short program this year, how could he not listen to the music ? I'm not a fan of Kevin Reynolds, but i liked it, and i think it's because he had no choice but to listen to it (that was not the case in his free program, and i found it annoying...)

“She’s a really nice coach,” Reynolds said. “She picks all my music for me. I don’t listen to music much myself but I like to skate to anything but heavy metal. It’s fun to get the audience going. The more they get into it, the more I get into it.”
    http://www.goldenskate.com/2004/02/r...-at-canadians/

hahahah are you sure you would never skate to heavy metal (yeah back in black is not heavy metal , but still... ) ??

Rinkside
    The article is from 2004. He was 13. Now he chooses the music.
    Sometimes he makes his choreography.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v58G_54PA1A

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by sabinbenea View Post
    The article is from 2004. He was 13. Now he chooses the music.
    Sometimes he makes his choreography.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v58G_54PA1A
    Yeah and this is precisely what's funny. I'm sure he would laugh if you showed him this interview
    And i'm sure he said he didn't listen to the music simply because it was the case when he was young.

Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    I think Kevin Reynolds has a long way to go before his programs are interesting - other than his jumps. I don't think he presents well at all. What sealed my opinion was his comment about not listening to the music. Excuse me? How can you deliver a program without listening to the music and skating to it? Basically he's going from one jump to the other and his costume, music and yes - even his hair - is just along for the ride. It's a shame because he does seem to be gifted. I just question the motivation. What IS he doing to improve his skating skills?
    A lot of coaches will tell you to do the program and not listen to the music. When you try to skate to the music you muck it up!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9