Who is practicing new Quads? Which ones? | Golden Skate

Who is practicing new Quads? Which ones?

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Hanyu Lands the 4Lo! Who is practicing new Quads? Which ones?

I just wanted to start this thread to see if there is info about skaters practicing new quad jumps to add to their programs in the future.

According to twitter Hanyu just landed a 4Lo at the end of Super Stars on Ice in Sapporo...I don't know if we will see this on film because it seems the TV cameras weren't there today, but his failed attempt the day before yesterday is available to see Here at 2:40
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1mq31b_140408エブリィと今日の羽生さん_sport

He plans to add a new quad the season after the next, maybe he's using shows to train in front of an audience.

So who is training which jump?
I guess Jason Brown will be ready with a brand new shiny 4T in the fall?
:cool:

nimi

Medalist
Hanyu's training mate Fernandez is also practising 4Lo. Like Yuzu, he is not going to add it to his program yet, at least I don't think so. Doing a 4T and two 4S in free skate is probably enough...

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Hanyu's training mate Fernandez is also practising 4Lo. Like Yuzu, he is not going to add it to his program yet, at least I don't think so. Doing a 4T and two 4S in free skate is probably enough...

How come I am not surprised? Testosterone must be running high at TCC. Nam also said that when he returns to TCC after Worlds he will be working on a quad jump.

Adelina and Julia are also practicing their quads per their threads here in GS.

NMURA

Medalist
Hanyu's "quad loop challenge"
http://matome.naver.jp/odai/2139317382668747501

According to Hanyu himself, Fernandez is already landing all kinds of quad jumps in practice. I don't think It includes the 4axel though, the 4loop is definitely a possibility. Hanyu says that he wants to try the first jump(s) in history to boost the morale. If his teammate is landing it in practice, the "first in history" can't be compromised. Yes, he will go for it in next season.

nimi

Medalist
Hanyu says that he wants to try the first jump(s) in history to boost the morale. If his teammate is landing it in practice, the "first in history" can't be compromised. Yes, he will go for it in next season.

:jaw:

So... Next season, we might see Yuzu and Javi trying to out-4loop each other?!

Good gods...

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Lipnitskaia, Tuktamysheva and Sotnikova are practicing 4T:popcorn:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What is the BV on a 2a-4t? I'm not taking Yulia too seriously yet but if she does a quad my guess is it will be after a 2a. The BV on her 2a-3t is 8.14(higher because of bonus?) in Japan where she actually scored 8.84 with pretty much straight +1 GOE's. I really don't think going for the quad makes much sense if she can just plan that 2a-3t later in the program for bonus points like Euro's and Worlds layout which wasn't planned either time.

CarneAsada

Medalist
What is the BV on a 2a-4t? I'm not taking Yulia too seriously yet but if she does a quad my guess is it will be after a 2a. The BV on her 2a-3t is 8.14. In Japan she actually scored 8.84 with pretty much straight +1 GOE's in bonus time. I really don't think going for the quad makes much sense if she can just plan that 2a-3t later in the program for bonus points like Euro's and Worlds layout which wasn't planned either time.
3.3+10.3=13.6

ShootAnonymous

Rinkside
Yuzuru Hanyu - get ALL the quads! \o/

(I kid, I kid. Tbh I'm more interested in those who've shown that they can fully rotate them in practices/shows. Because it's a long road from 0 to almost fully rotating, another to rotating fully and another long road to landing and then yet ANOTHER long road to landing as part of a complete skate/in competitions. Sometimes practice =/= results, sadly to say; a lot of of would-be quads can get lost along the way)

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
3.3+10.3=13.6

That's what I thought and wow that would be huge. No wonder everyone is talking this up. Maybe they are just trying to fool everyone into practicing it and getting hurt. Watching Hanyu go for it in that video makes me nervous. I'd rather Yulia just gets that new spin she's working on and change her layout to match the one in Euros more or less. Gotta admit...13.6 is pretty tempting though.

Snow63

Record Breaker
That's what I thought and wow that would be huge. No wonder everyone is talking this up. Maybe they are just trying to fool everyone into practicing it and getting hurt. Watching Hanyu go for it in that video makes me nervous. I'd rather Yulia just gets that new spin she's working on and change her layout to match the one in Euros more or less. Gotta admit...13.6 is pretty tempting though.

Even just 10.3 points for 4t without combination look tempting :laugh:
And I'm not sure anyone in the world jumps 4T as the second jump in a combo. Not even men.

makaihime

Final Flight
Sometimes practice =/= results, sadly to say; a lot of of would-be quads can get lost along the way)

Lol as shown with Yuzuru's 4S. He nails its in practice almost consistently, but...ehh not so much in the actual competition :laugh: Hope that'll change this season :thumbsup:

And OF COURSE~ Its the 2 quad fanatic that are planning to do the 4Lo :rolleye: Then after the 4Lo, it'll be the 4Lz, and then 4F and so-forth till their entire program is quads and axel combos.
Anyways, I think its always good to have someone to measure yourself against and the dynamics in cricket must be extremely entertaining :popcorn: Just want those 2 to take it easy and keep taking 1-2 on that podium for the coming quad ;)

Snow63

Record Breaker
I've heard that Kovtun is practicing 4Lz. He already have 4T and 4sal in the bag, so who knows...

makaihime

Final Flight
I've heard that Kovtun is practicing 4Lz. He already have 4T and 4sal in the bag, so who knows...

Another ugly jump to add to his collection? :disapp: The way he goes into his jumps, his body won't last long.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Even just 10.3 points for 4t without combination look tempting :laugh:
And I'm not sure anyone in the world jumps 4T as the second jump in a combo. Not even men.

I'm not familiar with who Vik Baldwin is honestly and I can't find a whole lot on him. He posts on Yulia's VK page and posted this video recently there. http://vk.com/video218676084_167913597

It looks like Yulia was right there taking notes.

makaihime

Final Flight
Haha. We'll see. I actually think he's going to be big.

If he gets consistent enough and fixes up his combos he'll be a contender for sure but I'm saying that his techniques are not doing him any favors. Its not only ugly to look at but it can do some serious damage on his body if he has one bad mishap.