Who is practicing new Quads? Which ones? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Who is practicing new Quads? Which ones?

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
If he gets consistent enough and fixes up his combos he'll be a contender for sure but I'm saying that his techniques are not doing him any favors. Its not only ugly to look at but it can do some serious damage on his body if he has one bad mishap.

Well. I agree with that. But it's not that ugly :)

jkun

Final Flight
Even just 10.3 points for 4t without combination look tempting :laugh:
And I'm not sure anyone in the world jumps 4T as the second jump in a combo. Not even men.

I thought about what Sam said about Yulia's probably 2A-4T. The more i think about it the more I think it is reasonable..

I think a solo 4T would be incredibly awkward for her and if she can maintain her body, she could probably manage a 4T. Also, because of her straight-edge axel technique, she does get a lot of speed out of the jump. Plus, she will get two tries at it in the FS then.

It would be really interesting to see, I admit. If she can do it!

jkun

Final Flight
I'd like to see Hanyu try a 4Lz. I feel like he'd be the only one who could make such a jump look aesthetically pleasing. I remember Brandon's 4Lz, it was pretty ugly :/

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Why is 4T-3A is physically not possible? People have been doing 4t-3A-3A already.

It's not counting as combo, since the skater takes a step from the right foot (4T landing) to the left foot (3A takeoff) between jumps. I'm not sure if I'm entirely correct, but that's what I heard.

Is this right?:confused:

Edit:
Combinations are defined as two or more jumps in which the take-off edge of the second (or third) jump is the same as the landing edge of the first jump.
So I'm right. Axel can't be the second jump in any combo...

Edit #2:
Oh, my! BV of 4Lz is 13.6 points! Holy hell...
wiki page is quite informative :)

Meoima

Match Penalty
Thank you, I got it. Btw anyone know what happened to Brando Mroz? He just vanished after 2012 if I remember correctly?

jennyanydots

On the Ice
Thank you, I got it. Btw anyone know what happened to Brando Mroz? He just vanished after 2012 if I remember correctly?

He hasn't disappeared but he hasn't gotten any additional GP assignments because he places so poorly at nationals. He seems to be too fixated on quads and appears to not put enough effort into training programs and developing other aspects of his skating. In addition to the 4Z, Tom Z has posted videos of Brandon's 4L and 4F on his facebook page.