Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Who is practicing new Quads? Which ones?

umm...
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Is there any different between 3A-4T and 4T-3A, which combination gets more points?
    I think this combo is not physically possible.

Edit: same BV, btw.

Hate fake smiles and horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow63 View Post

Why is 4T-3A is physically not possible? People have been doing 4t-3A-3A already.

Custom Title
    4T - 3A is more sequence than combo, but Hanyu already did 4T-3A-3A-3A-3A seq

umm...
    Why is 4T-3A is physically not possible? People have been doing 4t-3A-3A already.
    It's not counting as combo, since the skater takes a step from the right foot (4T landing) to the left foot (3A takeoff) between jumps. I'm not sure if I'm entirely correct, but that's what I heard.

Is this right?

Edit:
    Combinations are defined as two or more jumps in which the take-off edge of the second (or third) jump is the same as the landing edge of the first jump.
    So I'm right. Axel can't be the second jump in any combo...

Edit #2:
    Oh, my! BV of 4Lz is 13.6 points! Holy hell...
    wiki page is quite informative

Thank you, I got it. Btw anyone know what happened to Brando Mroz? He just vanished after 2012 if I remember correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by Snow63 View Post

4T-3A-3A
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIQc8wKkBw0

4S-3A
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1vxa5OgCs4

umm...
    Quote Originally Posted by jennyanydots View Post
    As I already explained, it's not combination. Just 3 jumps, one right after another.
    Combinations are defined as two or more jumps in which the take-off edge of the second (or third) jump is the same as the landing edge of the first jump.

Axel can't be the second jump in any combo if I understand correctly, it is counted as sequence.

Yes, it's a sequence but the point is it can be physically done and rather consistently, too.

Thank you, I got it. Btw anyone know what happened to Brando Mroz? He just vanished after 2012 if I remember correctly?
    He hasn't disappeared but he hasn't gotten any additional GP assignments because he places so poorly at nationals. He seems to be too fixated on quads and appears to not put enough effort into training programs and developing other aspects of his skating. In addition to the 4Z, Tom Z has posted videos of Brandon's 4L and 4F on his facebook page.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by jkun View Post
    I'd like to see Hanyu try a 4Lz. I feel like he'd be the only one who could make such a jump look aesthetically pleasing. I remember Brandon's 4Lz, it was pretty ugly :/
    he's training it,he said he has the rotation done but I guess he's not that consistent with the landing,maybe he'll do one in some of this ice shows
    He's also training 4A,but he's more than 1\4 short of rotation,so its <

Marin Honda is also training 4T(and a 3A),if nothing happens to her I think she has a shot of a medal in Pyeongchang,now she's not even a junior but has huuuuge potential

He hasn't disappeared but he hasn't gotten any additional GP assignments because he places so poorly at nationals. He seems to be too fixated on quads and appears to not put enough effort into training programs and developing other aspects of his skating. In addition to the 4Z, Tom Z has posted videos of Brandon's 4L and 4F on his facebook page.
    I've heard his family was having lots of trouble. Poor the guy. If only he paid more attention to his skating skills.

umm...
    Yes, it's a sequence but the point is it can be physically done and rather consistently, too.
    Oh, well... 'The point is' I never said it's not physically possible to land 4T, 3A and 3A with minimal amount of steps and choreo between the jumps. If you re-read my post again, you'll see that I wrote 'this combo is not physically possible'. I meant combo as a combo, you know. Not as sequence.
    So my point is still valid.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    I'm not familiar with who Vik Baldwin is honestly and I can't find a whole lot on him. He posts on Yulia's VK page and posted this video recently there. http://vk.com/video218676084_167913597

It looks like Yulia was right there taking notes.
    This isn't really relevant but since I don't know exactly where to post this http://vk.com/albums-31036833?z=phot...hotos-31036833

This makes me squee/lol so badly.

I think Yulia could land a 4T, in combination would probably be the best bet to keep the high value she already has and add to it. She would still be able to do two 3T, right? But only three combos are allowed, I think? Anyway if she can do it, I don't think we'll see it for a while because she won't put it in unless she's pretty sure she'll land it.

So she would have to do 3L-3T-3T to keep two 3T, while not exceeding the # of jump combinations. Has anyone ever done that combination in competition (ratified as fully rotated)? When I was looking at the predicted elements for the Olympics they had that listed for some of the skaters and I wondered why.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabel_O'Reilly View Post
    This isn't really relevant but since I don't know exactly where to post this http://vk.com/albums-31036833?z=phot...hotos-31036833

This makes me squee/lol so badly.
    Julia Lipnitskaia fan fest is the place to post all cool stuff like that about her!
    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...903#post910903

A thread dedicated to her...perfect!!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast