Who is practicing new Quads? Which ones? | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Who is practicing new Quads? Which ones?

FS.Addict

Rinkside
I think Kevin Reynolds has a long way to go before his programs are interesting - other than his jumps. I don't think he presents well at all. What sealed my opinion was his comment about not listening to the music. Excuse me? How can you deliver a program without listening to the music and skating to it? Basically he's going from one jump to the other and his costume, music and yes - even his hair - is just along for the ride. It's a shame because he does seem to be gifted. I just question the motivation. What IS he doing to improve his skating skills?

I SOOO agree with you... Considering his jumps are often UR, there is almost nothing interesting left...
And the question is : for his short program this year, how could he not listen to the music ? I'm not a fan of Kevin Reynolds, but i liked it, and i think it's because he had no choice but to listen to it (that was not the case in his free program, and i found it annoying...)

“She’s a really nice coach,” Reynolds said. “She picks all my music for me. I don’t listen to music much myself but I like to skate to anything but heavy metal. It’s fun to get the audience going. The more they get into it, the more I get into it.”

http://www.goldenskate.com/2004/02/reynolds-gains-crowd-following-at-canadians/

hahahah are you sure you would never skate to heavy metal (yeah back in black is not heavy metal , but still... ) ??

mskater93

Record Breaker
I think Kevin Reynolds has a long way to go before his programs are interesting - other than his jumps. I don't think he presents well at all. What sealed my opinion was his comment about not listening to the music. Excuse me? How can you deliver a program without listening to the music and skating to it? Basically he's going from one jump to the other and his costume, music and yes - even his hair - is just along for the ride. It's a shame because he does seem to be gifted. I just question the motivation. What IS he doing to improve his skating skills?
A lot of coaches will tell you to do the program and not listen to the music. When you try to skate to the music you muck it up!