Bazarova / Deputat teams up for New Partnership (to be coached by Vasiliev) | Golden Skate

Bazarova / Deputat teams up for New Partnership (to be coached by Vasiliev)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Bazarova / Deputat teams up for New Partnership (to be coached by Vasiliev)

an upgrade from Larionov, they have the potential to be great
also a caution to the golden rule of Pairs and Ice Dance, height difference is a prerequisite

http://fsrussia.ru/news/1197_partnerom-very-bazarovoj-stanet-andrej-deputat/

The proposal to try to get a pair with Andrew I immediately liked it. The other day we met , talked , even tried to ride together, so hopefully we will succeed , "- said Vera Bazarova.

"The reason for the completion of our work with Vasilisa Davankova was that partner very recently increased height, and, frankly , It was hard to perform some elements . All this I explained our coach Sergei Vladimirovich Dobroskokovu and Vasilisa , and to this situation, they treated with understanding , so that we normally parted , "- said Andrei Deputat .

Country
Russia
http://itar-tass.com/sport/1108656 (russian)

Translated fragment:
Vasilyev (coach) told that new pair made all difficult elements well on the first joint training. "Both Vera and Andrey have rather good jumps, - Vasilyev emphasized. - The day before athletes arrived to me to St. Petersburg and carried out the first training, when they landed three of four attempts of a parallel 3T very well. They landed all double axels, three-turns throw jumps, made all lifts, death spirals, all pair rotations. That is actually they made all elements well in the first day".

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
a new article: http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/16784.html

Oleg Vasiliev: the pair Vera Bazarova / Andrei Deputat great potential

After that they both came to St. Petersburg and tried to skate. I liked it , and I recommend them to go to the federation with an official statement that it was possible to make the transition from one group to another.

- And with previous partner Andrei /Vasilisa was not confrontations ?
- I talked with Sergei Dobroskokov , we are very long and fruitful said . And , due to the fact that Vasilisa become practically the same height with Andrei, it was already difficult to skate together . Sergei Dobroskov very favorably disposed to the fact that Andrei so quickly found a new partner , and wished them good luck .

- In your opinion , Vera Andrei great potential ?
- I think so . What I saw in the first days of training - how they rolled and elements as they did - I liked it very much . If we add to this a good job and a good choreographer , then I'm sure the results will be very good.

- Training will begin next week ?
- The kids still need to finish some business . Andrei - study , he must pass several tests . In addition , there are several organizational issues , and Vera too. But once freed guys , I think , in a week , the maximum ten days we will start to work together here in St. Petersburg.

tulosai

Record Breaker
The real question is if they'll be able to translate to competition. Others have said before she can land/rotate her jumps in practice (though I never saw proof till now)

I will say she and he are already in better synch (even if she falls/URs in competition like always) than she and Larinov ever were but maybe twice. Still not perfect, but better than she and Larinov.

I hope we will have lifts to see soon!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
The real question is if they'll be able to translate to competition. Others have said before she can land/rotate her jumps in practice (though I never saw proof till now)

I will say she and he are already in better synch (even if she falls/URs in competition like always) than she and Larinov ever were but maybe twice. Still not perfect, but better than she and Larinov.

I hope we will have lifts to see soon!

yes, their jumps look evenly matched
and in sync than with Larionov ever had

picture close up: http://cs606921.vk.me/v606921488/5b0a/OKzXEoGCIDs.jpg

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
:laugh: Deputat is gorgeous.

I think truck driver deserves a true kudos though
Vera's support in vk membership reached 1,000+ and she found a better suited partner for her
while Larionov sits out for a year, comes back to find out its 100 time worst than her partnership with Vera

Larionov already lost

tulosai

Record Breaker
I think truck driver deserves a true kudos though
Vera's support in vk membership reached 1,000+ and she found a better suited partner for her
while Larionov sits out for a year, comes back to find out its 100 time worst than her partnership with Vera

Larionov already lost

Yeah, while I think it's premature to make any truly long term predictions, I will say that Larinov is at a moderate to large disadvantage needing to sit out for a whole competitive season. He could potentially come back from this disadvantage, but it's not a good start especially not in a country with as many solid pairs as Russia.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Yeah, while I think it's premature to make any truly long term predictions, I will say that Larinov is at a moderate to large disadvantage needing to sit out for a whole competitive season. He could potentially come back from this disadvantage, but it's not a good start especially not in a country with as many solid pairs as Russia.

her partnership with Vera they usually medaled in almost every GPs and have medaled at Europeans
I don't think that will repeat with Miss Z. ? If he is targeting 2018 that is totally unrealistic
New Pairs partnership need 2-3 seasons to even build a good momentum

hanca

Record Breaker

I agree that Larionov's new partnership is at moderate to large disadvantage in comparison with Vera's new partnership. I would say closer to large rather than moderate because of sitting out the whole season (and maybe longer), low level of his new partner and when he can eventually compete he will be very close to 30 years old. That's quite a few things going against them. Also, they will be Mozer's number 3 pair, and if Tarasova-Morozov improve as quickly as Stolbova-Klimov did, Larionov may find himself number 4 pair under Mozer. Will Mozer invest as much attention/time/energy into pair 3 or 4?

tulosai

Record Breaker
I agree that Larionov's new partnership is at moderate to large disadvantage in comparison with Vera's new partnership. I would say closer to large rather than moderate because of sitting out the whole season (and maybe longer), low level of his new partner and when he can eventually compete he will be very close to 30 years old. That's quite a few things going against them. Also, they will be Mozer's number 3 pair, and if Tarasova-Morozov improve as quickly as Stolbova-Klimov did, Larionov may find himself number 4 pair under Mozer. Will Mozer invest as much attention/time/energy into pair 3 or 4?

That's also true about his age, yes. I will say about Mozer though that it's fairly clear she didn't take to Vera and does like Yuri though, so we will see how she treats him.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
That's also true about his age, yes. I will say about Mozer though that it's fairly clear she didn't take to Vera and does like Yuri though, so we will see how she treats him.

let's jut say Mozer and Yuri
made a gift to Vera ;)

hanca

Record Breaker

It is not about whether she likes Yuri and how she wants to treat him, but whether she will have the time to give his new partnership full attention. Volosozhar-Trankov will be her number one for as long as they compete, and Stolbova-Klimov improved so dramatically that there are no doubts that they are number two. The Federation will expects now good results from both those pairs and anything less will be viewed as failure for the Federation. So being number three on her priority list is not very good for Larionov's new pair, and considering that Larionov will be starting from scratch with his new partner, they will need a lot more attention and input from their coach than they would need if it was already established pair. They will need to re-learn timing on throw jumps, side by side jumps, twist, I am not sure if she has triple twist or it that will be completely new element for her, (she also doesn't look as slim as Vera so it may be slightly harder for him to do twists and lifts than he is used to)... Volosozhar-Trankov spoke in their interview a few years ago how hard it was to gel together, to match their elements, and at that time they both were pretty decent skaters (let's say around 4-6 at the worlds). So how much more attention from their coach will be needed to do that with a partner whose skills are much weaker than his? It would be different if they were the only high level pair their coach has, but being number 3 (and maybe even number 4 because Tarasova-Morozov are becoming quite decent and won't have to face those issues of trying to gel). That's another advantage Bazarova-Deputat have - they are very likely to become number 1, and the worse case scenario number 2. Vasiliev will have much more time for them.

tulosai

Record Breaker
That's all fair but I don't think it necessarily means e's in a worse position- even with Vera, he was going to be at best Mozer's #3 team, maybe her #4.

Zabijako does not appear to have a triple twist, but the height difference between she and her old partner was only 5.5 inches, so that may be why. The lack of height difference may have made it very hard for them.

I agree she does not look as slight as Vera, and she is one inch taller. That said, she also looks slightly more muscular, so she may be able to offer Larinov more help in some of the elements due to added strength than Vera could.

At heart though, I don't think we disagree- we are basically arguing over technicalities.

Alba

Record Breaker

That's something I just don't get it. Obviously Mozer knows better than I do, and she knows Vera better than I/us but I just don't understand why would she choose him and not Vera? She is much better than him, even with her little sbs jump.
Is it maybe because it's easier to find a girl rather than a man as partner?