Bazarova / Deputat teams up for New Partnership (to be coached by Vasiliev) | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Bazarova / Deputat teams up for New Partnership (to be coached by Vasiliev)

Alba

Record Breaker
Thanks to FSU and TAHbKA's translation: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...pov-Zabijako-Larionov-Bazarova-Deputat/page28

Short interview with Deputat.

AD: We tried out in Moscow. Today we are going to St. Petersburg and will start training there.

Q: Did you like skating with Vera?

AD: Yes, we are very comfortable and like working together. It was a common decision to skate together. On April 14th we went to the skating federation offices and filed a request. The president Alexand Gorshkov officially approved. There were no problems.

Q: How about working with Vasiliev?

AD: I like it. He is easy to communicate to person and is very involved.

Q: Do you have ideas for the new programmes?

AD: We are still looking for the music. There is still not a piece we listened and said `this is it!' but we tried several and now hesitating. Perhaps we'll decide on the final piece soon and will start choreographing.

Q: What are your relationship with your previous partner Vasilisa Davankova?

AD: Very good. We parted warmly, spoke of the pros and cons of our pair. There were no hard feelings or fights. The same with my previous coach Sergey Dobroskokov. We are all in good terms and talk to each other.

http://www.allsportinfo.ru/index.php?id=82407

96skiluvr

On the Ice
The federation has now officially approved the partnership. http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/16852.html

Deputat continues to say very nice things both about Bazarova and about Davankova.

Deputat is a class act - the relationship clearly ended on good terms, and neither is trashing the other. He realized he needed to move on, and instead of having her find out through tabloids, he sat down with her, explained everything, and the relationship ended on good terms. If a team has to split, this is how the split should be

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
It is not about whether she likes Yuri and how she wants to treat him, but whether she will have the time to give his new partnership full attention. Volosozhar-Trankov will be her number one for as long as they compete, and Stolbova-Klimov improved so dramatically that there are no doubts that they are number two. The Federation will expects now good results from both those pairs and anything less will be viewed as failure for the Federation. So being number three on her priority list is not very good for Larionov's new pair, and considering that Larionov will be starting from scratch with his new partner, they will need a lot more attention and input from their coach than they would need if it was already established pair.

Mozer and Vasiliev have entirely different styles of coaching. Mozer based her training on competition, rivalry, there is something like 20 (twenty!) pairs in her group. It suits Volosozhar/Trankov, Stolbova/Klimov and also Yuri Larionov style. But not Vera who likes to play first fiddle and she does it in Vasiliev's school. He's got only the Italian pair which is weaker than both Vera and Andrei. On the other hand - Nina Mozer complains about Vera's lack of ambition. I suppose she even said that it was a true effort for her to compete like on championships in trainings. What's more, Bazarova said she prefers the classical style of skating, not the athletic style that Mozer wanted her and Yuri to skate. And Yuri liked it - she did not.

By the way, don't you think that Vera hes beautiful lines of body? They make her skating technique quite unusual.

Alba

Record Breaker
Mozer and Vasiliev have entirely different styles of coaching. Mozer based her training on competition, rivalry, there is something like 20 (twenty!) pairs in her group. It suits Volosozhar/Trankov, Stolbova/Klimov and also Yuri Larionov style. But not Vera who likes to play first fiddle and she does it in Vasiliev's school. He's got only the Italian pair which is weaker than both Vera and Andrei. On the other hand - Nina Mozer complains about Vera's lack of ambition. I suppose she even said that it was a true effort for her to compete like on championships in trainings. What's more, Bazarova said she prefers the classical style of skating, not the athletic style that Mozer wanted her and Yuri to skate. And Yuri liked it - she did not.

By the way, don't you think that Vera hes beautiful lines of body? They make her skating technique quite unusual.

I read Mozer's interview on a german FS website and I don't think she complained about Vera's lack of ambition.
She practically said what you just wrote. That most probably she was used in a different way in training, without other couples, so it didn't work out. She had only good words about Vera though.

@Anastasi14: Thanks for the video. I liked the little I saw. Pity was such a short one.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
I read Mozer's interview on a german FS website and I don't think she complained about Vera's lack of ambition.
She practically said what you just wrote. That most probably she was used in a different way in training, without other couples, so it didn't work out. She had only good words about Vera though.

Well, I didn't write that she was insulting her. I cnnected news which I read in at least 2 interviews. The one with Nina Mozer
Quotation:
A key role played not so much the missing desire on her part as her position in life that is, in my opinion, difficult to combine with the highest achievements in sport. Probably three months after we started working together I realized that we do not harmonize in many things. Vera lives in the past, is trying to take the good things from the past and hold on to them, not understanding that in sports, and not just in sports, you cannot live in the past. When you joined a team of innovators, a team of people who want to do something modern and new then you have to switch to it immediately and to want the innovation. Otherwise it is not worth trying and going for the experiment. I feel that this is the main reason that our ways parted. After talking to Vera in Japan at the World Championships I didn’t give a single interview about this topic. The only comment that showed up in the press was under my name but did not come from me.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Maybe she didn't say exactly about her lack of ambition, but she's complaining about her lack of ability of adaptation to new conditions and requirements. It is, particularly, a lack of ambition - Vera just didn't want to succeed by taking Mozer's coaching manner (of course according to Mozer, not my opinion). It's not only about single or competitive training - it's about new elements, new style, new way of training. Vera said about lack of harmony in case of an skating style and emphasized that she prefers classical style. On the other hand, Vasiliev is convinced that it was really bad season for both Vera and Yuri, and Vera usually lands her jumps.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Between Nina and Vera there just wasn't the trust or synergy to make the partnership work. Nina has one style that she expects to fit all her students but it sometimes simply does not work. It has worked for Klimov et al. because they are a very competitive pair. Vera is not like that, I think she just needed more individual attention, you cannot offer that when you train practically all the promising pairs in Russia. So good luck to her and her new team, Nina will be more than alright.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Between Nina and Vera there just wasn't the trust or synergy to make the partnership work. Nina has one style that she expects to fit all her students but it sometimes simply does not work. It has worked for Klimov et al. because they are a very competitive pair. Vera is not like that, I think she just needed more individual attention, you cannot offer that when you train practically all the promising pairs in Russia. So good luck to her and her new team, Nina will be more than alright.

I agree with it absolutely and entirely :) I really like Vera, she seems to be amiable, nice and friendly girl and I wish her to succeed. :biggrin:

tulosai

Record Breaker
The good:

-Given they are a new pair,and that they have at least 3 more months to prepare for their first 'important' competition, they are in a good place.
- He is definitely a more classical skater than Larinov was. Styles mesh better. They are both quite expressive and have chemistry together
-SBS jumps look far better than to be expected
-Throw jump was great
-They look really happy and like they enjoy skating together. I think the importance of this is often understated.
-Musical choices for them are good given their style, but of course kind of cliched.

The bad:

-He is not a strong lifter. He is hunched forward when he lifts her. He was like this with Davankova too but I thought then it was a height/size thing. I'm sure it partly was but his posture is awful when he lifts Vera as well. Not sure if he needs to bulk up more or if maybe he needs a shorter/smaller partner to entirely fix this. I don't think it's a deal breaker either way- he CAN lift her- but I do think that it is a shame the lift looked that bad when lifts were always such a strong point for her in the past.