Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: CBC Sports Coverage Cuts

i guess figure skating in general is in life support isn't??

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I hope TSN doesn't take it up, because I don't get TSN, and they never post the full videos/stream them online, either.
    But if CBC isn't going to have the coverage, we should hope it does go to TSN and CTV instead. No point in no channel having it. Better to have it broadcast somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post
    But if CBC isn't going to have the coverage, we should hope it does go to TSN and CTV instead. No point in no channel having it. Better to have it broadcast somewhere.
    Well, that's true. At least I get CTV.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Well, that's true. At least I get CTV.
    I think CTV still has a contract with Skate Canada for that event and nationals, but the rest of the GP series may not be picked up if the cuts affect figure skating. Or they'll just fire those with long-term employment agreements and make them all short-term contractors to save some money?

Quote Originally Posted by anyanka View Post
    I think CTV still has a contract with Skate Canada for that event and nationals, but the rest of the GP series may not be picked up if the cuts affect figure skating. Or they'll just fire those with long-term employment agreements and make them all short-term contractors to save some money?
    Oh yeah, CTV still has the SC/Nats contract.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by davogt View Post
    Basically we're going to be in worse shape than the Americans with respect to figure skating coverage is my guess.
    The figure skating coverage in the U.S is exceptionally bad - we are fixing to get 2 hours of Worlds coverage, what like 2 weeks after the event.

My advice - get a really good internet connection and a smart TV where you can play Youtube videos on your TV.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    I didn't see any coverage in America. Every time I check for it on Universal Sports its cycling or rugby or better yet...running....NEAT

Rinkside
    Nooooooo!!!!!!!!

CBC was my refuge since NBC had terrible coverage of Worlds. I'm fortunate enough to be in Maine where one of the good things that Time Warner did was get CBC as a part of our cable package.

*sigh*

Universal Sports is part of an entirely different sports package, so in order to get it, you have to get several other channels that I'd probably never watch, so it's not worth it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ramurphy2005 View Post
    Nooooooo!!!!!!!!

CBC was my refuge since NBC had terrible coverage of Worlds. I'm fortunate enough to be in Maine where one of the good things that Time Warner did was get CBC as a part of our cable package.

*sigh*

Universal Sports is part of an entirely different sports package, so in order to get it, you have to get several other channels that I'd probably never watch, so it's not worth it.
    According to this article from 2011, CBC signed a 5 year-contract with the ISU that in theory should go until 2016, so maybe that means figure skating coverage is safe on CBC until 2016?

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...ting-1.1005264

Custom Title
    So sad to see BOTBs cancelled. Of the 'reality shows' which involved skating, thought they did the best job of bringing high quality production sensibilities with a range of athletes, plus the heart of public service (winnings for charities) which would have struck a sustainable enough cord. Bummed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2