CBC Sports Coverage Cuts | Page 2 | Golden Skate

CBC Sports Coverage Cuts

Amei

Record Breaker
Basically we're going to be in worse shape than the Americans with respect to figure skating coverage is my guess.

The figure skating coverage in the U.S is exceptionally bad - we are fixing to get 2 hours of Worlds coverage, what like 2 weeks after the event.

My advice - get a really good internet connection and a smart TV where you can play Youtube videos on your TV.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I didn't see any coverage in America. Every time I check for it on Universal Sports its cycling or rugby or better yet...running....NEAT:scowl:

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Nooooooo!!!!!!!!

CBC was my refuge since NBC had terrible coverage of Worlds. I'm fortunate enough to be in Maine where one of the good things that Time Warner did was get CBC as a part of our cable package.

*sigh*

Universal Sports is part of an entirely different sports package, so in order to get it, you have to get several other channels that I'd probably never watch, so it's not worth it.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Nooooooo!!!!!!!!

CBC was my refuge since NBC had terrible coverage of Worlds. I'm fortunate enough to be in Maine where one of the good things that Time Warner did was get CBC as a part of our cable package.

*sigh*

Universal Sports is part of an entirely different sports package, so in order to get it, you have to get several other channels that I'd probably never watch, so it's not worth it.

According to this article from 2011, CBC signed a 5 year-contract with the ISU that in theory should go until 2016, so maybe that means figure skating coverage is safe on CBC until 2016? :think:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/cbc-lands-5-year-deal-to-broadcast-skating-1.1005264

lcd

Match Penalty
So sad to see BOTBs cancelled. Of the 'reality shows' which involved skating, thought they did the best job of bringing high quality production sensibilities with a range of athletes, plus the heart of public service (winnings for charities) which would have struck a sustainable enough cord. Bummed.