Grand Prix season 2014/2015 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Grand Prix season 2014/2015

jaylee

Medalist
Most of the top 10 in the Seasons Best are the same as the top 12 finishers at Worlds

1 224.59 Adelina SOTNIKOVA RUS
XX 2 219.11 Yu-Na KIM KOR (RETIRED)
XX 3 216.73 Carolina KOSTNER ITA #3 not doing GP
4 216.69 Mao ASADA JPN #1 not doing GP

I thought Kostner and Asada were both still undecided on retirement. It's confirmed that they're not doing GP, though?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maybe Alena Leonova should do some Challenger Series competitions if she gets only one GP. She hasn't medaled in a GP event in the last two seasons---last season she got one event and finished 7th; in 2012 she had two and finished 6th and 7th. She'd have a better shot at medaling in a B event.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Hi everybody,

Does anybody know when the skaters for the Grand prix/Junior grand Prix season will be announced? :confused:Can't wait that the new season begins:p

Enthusiastic for next year already, eh? ;)

It's still quite early. Worlds just ended and it's only early April. Won't be until May or June. The National Teams have not been finalized and the Skating Federations are still waiting to hear official word from which skaters are retiring, etc.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch
WTH will Russia do in two years? Medvedeva , Proklova , and Sakhanovich all turn 15 next year and all ranked top 20 in the world!!! :fingernails:

I'm nervous for all of these girls.
Their SEASONS BEST scores are in the top 20, but they are not ranked top 20 in the world. On the World Ranking list, Sakhanovich is #40, Medvedeva is #44 and Proklova is #82.

Oops :tail between legs: Can I call it a prediction?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Skaters for the first JUNIOR Grand Prix event won't be posted until about 28 days before the start of the first JGP event (Courchevel, August 20-24th). So you won't see the Courchevel roster until after the 25th of July---about a month later than the GP announcement.

Yes. I recall this exasperating wait clearly. If you have faves on the JGP circuit, waiting to find out their assignments is pure hell.

anyanka

Record Breaker
WTH will Russia do in two years? Medvedeva , Proklova , and Sakhanovich all turn 15 next year and all ranked top 20 in the world!!! :fingernails:

I'm nervous for all of these girls.

And here comes the puberty monster ... which one will adjust to her growing pains and still be great athletes after?

Country
Russia
Sotnikova, Lipnitskaya, Pogorilaya, and Radionova are all pretty much guaranteed two. Lipnitskaya and Pogorilaya are the #1 and #2 seeds; Sotnikova is #1 on the WR and SB lists; Radionova is in the top 10 on both WR and SB lists.
Yes, surely they all will have 2 spots.

Tuktamysheva is #14 on the WR list and #21 on the SB list and on that basis she could get two assignments, but it's not guaranteed. Leonova is #19 on the SB list, but she isn't in the top 24 on the WR list. She might get an assignment, but two are by no means guaranteed.
At 2013 Top-26 SB Ladies had 2 spots at initial distribution (26th was Viktoria Helgesson).
So Alena and Liza have very good chance to two spots.

This year Kim and Suzuki retire, Asada and Kosther may retire or ignore GP.
And five girls in SB Top24 are age uneligible for GP by new rules.

So, I believe, even lower place than 26th may get 2 GP spots. Maybe, Cesario (27) or Hicks (29) will be at boundary.

Does anybody know - Valentina MARCHEI retires? She is 26th in SB list, has graranteed one spot (by WR) and may pretend on two spots by SB. If she reitres - chance for them who are lower in SB list.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Valentina turns 29 next month---she's a year older than Kostner. But I've not heard that Valentina's retiring. It would be pretty tough for Italy if both Marchei and Kostner retired, because the younger Italian skaters aren't anywhere near their level.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Last edited: