Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Plushenko:" Kovtun is a good average skater "

Custom Title

News Plushenko:" Kovtun is a good average skater "

http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/702033

He said that the best skating in a while comes from Yuzuru, who at 19 show best technique and charisma on ice. But among Russian skaters he commends Voronov and Menshov because they showed good clean skating. Everyone creates hype around one particular skater in whom he seen nothing special. He's a good average skater. We'll just have to wait and see how he does next.
    I agree with the fact that Kovtun has much to prove himself. But becoming a team leader next season is very likely. His PCS should go up. This season Maxim learned how to fight. I doubt he'll go through Gachiski-like meltdown.

Tripping on the Podium
    Plushenko always gives Yuzu nothing but the best, supportive comments and wishes. Such a nice sempai he is

Would he just STFU about Kovtun already. Isn't he embarrassed? I guess not since he's so hubristic and arrogant. I wonder what Kovtun did to him in a past life. I think it's just nasty that Plush and his wife think it's OK to talk about Kovtun negatively when they're the ones who screwed Kovtun.

Custom Title
    Personally I think this is disgusting. And agree with BlackPack that Plush should just shut up and go into retirement quietly.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by volk View Post
    I doubt he'll go through Gachiski-like meltdown.
    You mean because unlike Gachinski Kovtun was coddled and petted and looked after post-Worlds, where Gachinski got abuse and endless criticism and tossed on the scrapheap?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPack View Post
    Would he just STFU about Kovtun already. Isn't he embarrassed? I guess not since he's so hubristic and arrogant. I wonder what Kovtun did to him in a past life. I think it's just nasty that Plush and his wife think it's OK to talk about Kovtun negatively when they're the ones who screwed Kovtun.
    Please learn basic reading comprehension. Plushenko said that he hasn't seen anything special (which is true), but that WE'LL JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE WHAT HE DOES NEXT.

Of course, I should know better than to try and interfere with the sport of Plushy-and-Yana bashing.

Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    You mean because unlike Gachinski Kovtun was coddled and petted and looked after post-Worlds, where Gachinski got abuse and endless criticism and tossed on the scrapheap?

Please learn basic reading comprehension. Plushenko said that he hasn't seen anything special (which is true), but that WE'LL JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE WHAT HE DOES NEXT.

Of course, I should know better than to try and interfere with the sport of Plushy-and-Yana bashing.
    Plush apologist

You defend Plush at many threads recently. What is this blind loyalty?

Plush could have just said "I look forward to Kovtun's skating in the future" or something neutral. Anything slightly less neutral and more slanted as an opinion which can be interpreted negatively is bad press. His wife already said that Kovtun should medal and now Plush is saying that Kovtun isn't an interesting skater. It doesn't matter whether it's true or not. It matters that Plush and his wife act there's no such thing as bad PR as long as they're in the limelight. It's really not necessary to say anything at all. The Russian Duma already slammed Plush. IMO that's the time to fade into the background at least for a while, lest more people are offended.

What did Kovtun do anyway? Nothing at all. He is a victim in all of this and he is still getting constant flack from the Plushes.

Banned
    stop picking on Zhenya
    just another hate thread

tripping on the toe pick
    I'm not a Plush fan but I like that he speaks his mind. Why should he just "shut up and go into retirement quietly" when he's a living legend and lots of people WANT to hear his actual thoughts on the state of men's skating, instead of some neutral platitudes?

Quote Originally Posted by nimi View Post
    I'm not a Plush fan but I like that he speaks his mind. Why should he just "shut up and go into retirement quietly" when he's a living legend and lots of people WANT to hear his actual thoughts on the state of men's skating, instead of some neutral platitudes?
    You can see from my ava who is my idol. Yet I don't find any problem with Plushy in this matter. He has a troublesome tongue but other than that I like that he speaks up his mind.

Custom Title
    I don't know why he should "shut up". Someone asked him about his thoughts on that, and he just answered his own opinion on that And that's all.

Custom Title
    Oh Plushy, entertaining as always! TBH I've always enjoyed his outspoken demeanour as well as his skating. He never sugar-coats anything.

He he has as much of a right to comment as anyone else. He said positive things about skaters that he feels deserve it, too. It doesn't matter if you like him, his opinion is respected by plenty of others and he is generally right on with his predictions.

"He's a good average skater. We'll just have to wait and see how he does next." How is that "bashing"? He didn't say Kovtun sucks and should hang up his skates. He just doesn't think he's the top talent in Russia at this point in time.

On the Ice
    I don't like Plushenko but agree with him on that - Kovtun is indeed an average skater.

I totally agree with him about Kovtun, but maybe he shouldn't say this.

Cheering Wildly from the stands
    It may be true, but it's a bit tactless. He could have been encouraging, or at least not dismissive, but he wasn't. I guess that's Plushenko's personality type though.
    It will be up to Kovtun prove that he can make a name for himself in Russia. I hope he does. The pressure of being sent to Worlds alone at 17 is a lot to ask. He's older now and finished 4th. That's not too shabby. Time will tell.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast