Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Success rate of Switching Partnerships in Pairs and Ice Dance

Banned

Success rate of Switching Partnerships in Pairs and Ice Dance

as one of the prerequisites for successful Pairs and Ice Dance which is height difference
    with many swapping and end of partnership usually after an Olympics season
    take on the Russian team, while Katsalapov/Sinitsina have the potential to be successful
    Ilinykh/Zhiganshin seems questionable, It would be wiser if she returned to skating with Bukin
    who seem much sturdier in built and matches her mature look on the ice while Zhiganshin looks like a school boy

a new partnership doesnt always come to the end of the skating career chapter
    sometimes it will get better for the 2nd , 3rd or 4th time
    lets not forget the 90's and early 20's was full of swapping drama

for now Sinitsina/Katsalapov are the only winners, they are both attractive and look to be physically matched

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    When Anissina & Averbukh split, it worked out well for both of them

Custom Title
    Procrastinating by Watching my Fav. Skaters
    Pairs-wise: When Maxim Trankov split from Maria Mukhortova and paired up with Tatiana Volosozhar it worked out very well for him... Granted in-part because V/T just gel better than M/T ever did.

Yulia forver! I'm on team dumped Ice Dance. Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    as one of the prerequisites for successful Pairs and Ice Dance which is height difference
    take on the Russian team, while Katsalapov/Sinitsina have the potential to be successful
    Ilinykh/Zhiganshin seems questionable,
    I'm sorry but Elena is 1.64cm and Ruslan 1.77cm. Katsalapov is 1.80cm and Victoria 1.68cm. So I&Z would have 13 cm difference and S&K 12 cm difference.
    I don't understand where is the problem with I&Z regarding height difference?
    On the contrary Ruslan seems to have an advantage dancing with a smaller partner. It's Katsalapov that will have to adjust to taller girl, if as you say the size difference is so important.

It would be wiser if she returned to skating with Bukin
    who seem much sturdier in built and matches her mature look on the ice while Zhiganshin looks like a school boy
    I don't like his look very much either, but I don't think Charlie White had a man's look either and he got many gold medals.

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I think it worked better for Anissina though. Ilia was a much better skater than Irina, IMO.
    I think Anissina and Averbukh together would've been great. Greater than Anissina and Piezerat.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Ilinykh/Zhiganshin seems questionable, It would be wiser if she returned to skating with Bukin

a new partnership doesnt always come to the end of the skating career chapter
    sometimes it will get better for the 2nd , 3rd or 4th time
    lets not forget the 90's and early 20's was full of swapping drama

for now Sinitsina/Katsalapov are the only winners, they are both attractive and look to be physically matched
    why do you continue to be so obsessed with skaters looks

yuna kim could look like a troll under the london brige and still win an ogm. sinitsina and katsalapov are both weak skaters and they aint gettin by by dazzling the judges with their mediocre white people looks sry2say

Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    I'm sorry but Elena is 1.64cm and Ruslan 1.77cm. Katsalapov is 1.80cm and Victoria 1.68cm. So I&Z would have 13 cm difference and S&K 12 cm difference.
    I don't understand where is the problem with I&Z regarding height difference?
    On the contrary Ruslan seems to have an advantage dancing with a smaller partner. It's Katsalapov that will have to adjust to taller girl, if as you say the size difference is so important.
    +1000 but don't expect sky_fly to actually acknowledge this post.

IMO is is Nikita who has made an awful mistake here. Elena and Ruslan are going to be fine- height wise and otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    IMO is is Nikita who has made an awful mistake here.
    I don't know about that tbh. I've seen Victoria this year only and she sure is good looking and have good lines. They seem as a good match and might work very well as a couple.

I really hope and want for Elena that her new partnership works out well. I don't know Ruslan well as a skater either, but I hope he will be a better match for her from a character/personality point of view. She sure needs someone who's patient and can handle her.

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Just a quick question for a post I am writing for another thread.

You know the way that, if you switch partners and it means you have to switch countries, then you are not allowed to compete for 2 years.

Well, what happens if, during the embargo, you realise that the new partnership doesn't work, and you go back to your old partner?

Are you allowed to start competing again with your previous partner straight away? After all, technically speaking, you have not yet competed for a different country.

Or, does a new 2 year embargo start? After all, according to the paperwork, you have switched countries again?

Sorry if this is not the right thread to ask this in. But since my question is about switching partners and it not being successful, this seemed the most appropriate thread I could find.

CaroLiza_fan

Custom Title
    You could start again straight away. The 2 year period starts from when you last competed internationally - if you never competed with the new partner, you could go back to the old or to another skater from the same country as the old and start competing internationally immediately.

Custom Title
    Jenni Meno and Todd Sand were the product of a switch. Todd had been skating with Natasha Kuchiki, and Jenni Meno with Scott Wendland. Meno and Sand became the best American pair of their time. They later married, and they have several children. So the partnership has been successful both on and off the ice.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    No. This didn't work for Averbukh. He could have been a olympic champion, but he is only lucky olympic silver medalist. Worked great for Anissina (olympic bronze and gold) but they could have been legends together.

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uhh View Post
    You could start again straight away. The 2 year period starts from when you last competed internationally - if you never competed with the new partner, you could go back to the old or to another skater from the same country as the old and start competing internationally immediately.
    Thank you so much uhh!

Just wanted to have the rule clarified so that I didn't make a total eejit of myself when I post the other comment. I find it very embarassing when I get a small detail wrong in a post, and somebody makes a big deal of it when they are correcting me.

So, to avoid that, I thought it would be better to check it out beforehand.

Thank you again

CaroLiza_fan

Custom Title
    Separating from Mukhortova worked very very good for Trankov.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    Separating from Mukhortova worked very very good for Trankov.
    But did not work very well for Mukhortova.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast