Thread: Plushenko:" Kovtun is a good average skater "

Hybrid View

Custom Title

News Plushenko:" Kovtun is a good average skater "

http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/702033

He said that the best skating in a while comes from Yuzuru, who at 19 show best technique and charisma on ice. But among Russian skaters he commends Voronov and Menshov because they showed good clean skating. Everyone creates hype around one particular skater in whom he seen nothing special. He's a good average skater. We'll just have to wait and see how he does next.
    I agree with the fact that Kovtun has much to prove himself. But becoming a team leader next season is very likely. His PCS should go up. This season Maxim learned how to fight. I doubt he'll go through Gachiski-like meltdown.

Tripping on the Podium
    Plushenko always gives Yuzu nothing but the best, supportive comments and wishes. Such a nice sempai he is

Would he just STFU about Kovtun already. Isn't he embarrassed? I guess not since he's so hubristic and arrogant. I wonder what Kovtun did to him in a past life. I think it's just nasty that Plush and his wife think it's OK to talk about Kovtun negatively when they're the ones who screwed Kovtun.

Custom Title
    Personally I think this is disgusting. And agree with BlackPack that Plush should just shut up and go into retirement quietly.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by volk View Post
    I doubt he'll go through Gachiski-like meltdown.
    You mean because unlike Gachinski Kovtun was coddled and petted and looked after post-Worlds, where Gachinski got abuse and endless criticism and tossed on the scrapheap?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPack View Post
    Would he just STFU about Kovtun already. Isn't he embarrassed? I guess not since he's so hubristic and arrogant. I wonder what Kovtun did to him in a past life. I think it's just nasty that Plush and his wife think it's OK to talk about Kovtun negatively when they're the ones who screwed Kovtun.
    Please learn basic reading comprehension. Plushenko said that he hasn't seen anything special (which is true), but that WE'LL JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE WHAT HE DOES NEXT.

Of course, I should know better than to try and interfere with the sport of Plushy-and-Yana bashing.

Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    You mean because unlike Gachinski Kovtun was coddled and petted and looked after post-Worlds, where Gachinski got abuse and endless criticism and tossed on the scrapheap?

Please learn basic reading comprehension. Plushenko said that he hasn't seen anything special (which is true), but that WE'LL JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE WHAT HE DOES NEXT.

Of course, I should know better than to try and interfere with the sport of Plushy-and-Yana bashing.
    Plush apologist

You defend Plush at many threads recently. What is this blind loyalty?

Plush could have just said "I look forward to Kovtun's skating in the future" or something neutral. Anything slightly less neutral and more slanted as an opinion which can be interpreted negatively is bad press. His wife already said that Kovtun should medal and now Plush is saying that Kovtun isn't an interesting skater. It doesn't matter whether it's true or not. It matters that Plush and his wife act there's no such thing as bad PR as long as they're in the limelight. It's really not necessary to say anything at all. The Russian Duma already slammed Plush. IMO that's the time to fade into the background at least for a while, lest more people are offended.

What did Kovtun do anyway? Nothing at all. He is a victim in all of this and he is still getting constant flack from the Plushes.

Banned
    stop picking on Zhenya
    just another hate thread

Plush apologist

You defend Plush at many threads recently. What is this blind loyalty?

Plush could have just said "I look forward to Kovtun's skating in the future" or something neutral. Anything slightly less neutral and more slanted as an opinion which can be interpreted negatively is bad press. His wife already said that Kovtun should medal and now Plush is saying that Kovtun isn't an interesting skater. It doesn't matter whether it's true or not. It matters that Plush and his wife act there's no such thing as bad PR as long as they're in the limelight. It's really not necessary to say anything at all. The Russian Duma already slammed Plush. IMO that's the time to fade into the background at least for a while, lest more people are offended.

What did Kovtun do anyway? Nothing at all. He is a victim in all of this and he is still getting constant flack from the Plushes.
    You are wrong. The whole Russian Duma didn't slammed Plushenko. Only one politician, Zhirinovsky. He is an ultranationalist politician, who hates the jewish and the gays. Do you undertstand with him?????? He attacked Plushy after his first surgery because he was operated in Israel. Zhirinovsky thinks Plushy would have to do the operation in Russia. And that is good if you know, Zhirinovsky is the best friend of Yana Rudkovskya's ( Plushy's wife) first husband Viktor Baturin. They divorced in 2008. Baturin is a Russian billionaire and he is in prison right now because of tax fraud....i don't know where you read your informations but you need to be more exact and informed
    Valuev and Rodnina who are in Duma also criticised Plushy immediately after his withdrawal. Valuev is Plushy's friend and he was in Plushy's wedding. But they as many other people in Russian didn't know how dangerous was Plushy's injury. They thought Plushy needed to skate with pain!!!!! so they didn't say that would have been better if the Russians sent Kovtun to Sochi.. I quoted Plushy with this https://twitter.com/Lily_shenka/stat...833665/photo/1 read!

Irina Rodnina: Her tweet after team LP:

RT @IRodnina: @EvgeniPlushenko Thank you for your courage, fortitude and convincing VICTORY!!https://twitter.com/IRodnina/status/432553910189166592

Custom Title
    Well, it's not what a former champion usually says about a skater from his own country, but maybe Plushenko is saying that at this stage in his career, Kovtun is a decent skater, but not a great one yet. And that part is true. Compared to someone of Plushenko's stature and achievement, Kovtun is obviously not at that level yet.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by volk View Post
    http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/702033

He said that the best skating in a while comes from Yuzuru, who at 19 show best technique and charisma on ice. But among Russian skaters he commends Voronov and Menshov because they showed good clean skating. Everyone creates hype around one particular skater in whom he seen nothing special. He's a good average skater. We'll just have to wait and see how he does next.
    I hope Kovtun proves him wrong there. At the moment, he seems very musical and talented, but a total bundle of nerves when in competition. He still has things to improve - expression, posture, suitable music choices, and jump stability come to mind - and he's nowhere near the wonder that's Hanyu, but he's got a lot of potential. It's understandable that people talk about him, him being the youngest among the other GP/EC/WC Russian males whose competitive careers can be expected to end within a couple of seasons (no idea about Voronov though, his ISU page doesn't load). Fingers crossed for Kovtun in his upcoming season.