Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Plushenko:" Kovtun is a good average skater "

Quote Originally Posted by volk View Post
    So basically you don't want Kovtun to medal at Euros and have a good season.
    Basically, I don't care about Kovtun or his season, because he bores me.

I want skaters whom I like to have good seasons and win medals. In addition to the three I listed, I wouldn't mind seeing Voronov, Besseghier and Liebers do well at Euros, either, though I hope Liebers will skip the sleep-inducing music this time.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Kovtun's chances of ever having a career even close to the one Hanyu is going to have, is about the odds of him going through a season without doing a double salchow from his so called planned quad salchow, or not doing those annoying sequence of three turns into some type of popped jump once in a season.
    Would that be more or less the odds of Hanyu going through a season without singling or falling on his so called planned quad salchow? Pretty rich that you're bashing Kovtun's 4S when he was one of the most consistent skaters with that jump this season, as rich as Plushenko calling Kovtun average when he himself has never landed a 4S in competition.

And newsflash, most skaters don't have the career Hanyu is going to have or the career Plushenko had. That doesn't make them automatically average. He just finished his first Grand Prix season with 2 GP silvers, a National title, and 4th at Worlds, and people are writing him off.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    And newsflash, most skaters don't have the career Hanyu is going to have or the career Plushenko had. That doesn't make them automatically average. He just finished his first Grand Prix season with 2 GP silvers, a National title, and 4th at Worlds, and people are writing him off.
    No one is writing him off. Plushy did comment "wait and see", that means even though at the moment he does not see Kovtun as special, it doesn't mean Plushy think Kovtun would stay the same forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Dick Button also have not so good words about Plushy, he said Plushy was not a great skater - only a good jumper, then why Plushy's fans didn't make a fuss ?
    Dick Button after his SP..

Dick Button ‏@PushDicksButton

Re: Plushenko. In my book, #PushDicksButton, I explain I only criticize skaters I think are really talented. (1/2) #Sochi2014

Dick Button ‏@PushDicksButton 5h

Plushenko has theater in his blood. That's why we watch and comment on him. (2/2) #PushDicksButton #Sochi2014 #figureskate

Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    Dick Button after his SP..

Dick Button ‏@PushDicksButton

Re: Plushenko. In my book, #PushDicksButton, I explain I only criticize skaters I think are really talented. (1/2) #Sochi2014

Dick Button ‏@PushDicksButton 5h

Plushenko has theater in his blood. That's why we watch and comment on him. (2/2) #PushDicksButton #Sochi2014 #figureskate
    Uncle Dick indeed, lol

Custom Title
    Uncle Dick indeed, lol
    Hah, he makes a good point. Plushenko wouldn't actually waste his time commenting on Kovtun if he truly were just an average skater. Although I'm sure he can't resist taking jabs at the guy who whooped him at Russian nationals either.

Do not go gently into that good night.

Plushenko 2001 LP on Euros. He was 18 years and 3 month easily beat Yagudin.. 4-3-3 and 4T..He was younger than Kovtun now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PWM2NESsGw CSG do you really think Kovtun is better??

Plushenko 2001 LP on Euros. He was 18 years and 3 month easily beat Yagudin.. He was younger than Kovtun now...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PWM2NESsGw CSG do you really think Kovtun is better??
    So consistent in all his jumps, I dislike Plushy's troublesome tongue, but he has always been greater than lots of skaters out there.
    But you know, according to CSG's logic, age is relevance. We shouldn't comparing their ages.

Custom Title
    Plushenko 2001 LP on Euros. He was 18 years and 3 month easily beat Yagudin.. 4-3-3 and 4T..He was younger than Kovtun now...

I never said Kovtun is better. But he's certainly more than "nothing special".

And I don't care if he was 18 or 28 at the time.

FYI, Kovtun also landed 2 quads at 2013 Russian Nationals, Euros and Worlds at the age of 18, with CoP demands. (Plu did a 4-3-2 btw in that Euros LP)

So consistent in all his jumps, I dislike Plushy's troublesome tongue, but he has always been greater that lots of skaters out there.
    But you know, according to CSG's logic, age is relevance. We shouldn't comparing their ages.
    You know that is interesting Plushenko says something he receives a thread immediately and will be many comments on him...:D He is the most famous well-known figure skater ever. Like him or not everybody has opinion about him nobody is indifferente. For me he is an awesome person and I know him more than anyone else in this forum.
    And that is also interesting
    -many people adore him-not like adore him-because of his personality..
    -many people hate him because of his personality..
    -many people adore his skating
    -many people hate his skating
    -many people said he isn't artistry
    -many people say he is the real artist on ice
    -many people say he is ugly
    -many people say he is beautiful and the sexiest man on ice..
    -many people say he is very kind person
    -many people say he has a troublesome tongue...

this is totally contradiction... that is true he inspires many people on the world..after Sochi he has more fans especilally form US. They began to discover his personality and skating..This link was posted by Plushenko news in last week..a quote from it..http://keiblackthorne.deviantart.com...enya-434676863

"Now, as I said, I'm his newly fan. And when I read some articles I always doubt him, I admit that. Until I read in forum made by his truest of fans who followed him all around the world(fans that are from Japan, Italy and other parts of the world). And they know him the best(are u one of those who follow him around the world?) and I read his Another Show.( his biography) What I got about him makes me feel that he's such an almost perfect man. Being strong, kind hearted, generous, strong heart, sweetheart, brotherly-fatherly-husbandly-childly love, spiritual, etc.
    Yes, the only flaws I see in him is that he's sometimes being too honest at some wrong parts..."

another quote from last week:

"Zhenya, I cannot say in a word how much impression, courage, pleasure, dream, and hope you gave me.
    Even a million times thank you would not be enough."

http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/vi...=151&start=540 Art inspired by Zhenya

and so on, and so on I can show thousand of messages like these...because he is unique.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    I never said Kovtun is better. But he's certainly more than "nothing special".
    That's not what Plushenko said, either.

Actually, I find both American nineteen year olds to be more impressive than Kovtun in pretty much every way possible, even if they don't have the same medal count he has.

Custom Title
    It's practically impossible to compare these two skaters. How do you compare a retired Olympic champion to a much younger skater who is just in the early stages of his career? It's difficult enough comparing contemporary rivals against one another (eg. Chan vs. Hanyu). It's even more impossible to do so when comparing 2 skaters from 2 different eras of very different age groups.

It would be like comparing Dick Button to Plushenko. Button is a 2-Time Olympic Gold Medalist and the first man to do the triple axel. But he was competing in a totally different era and a totally different system. How does one determine whether Button or Plushenko is 'greater'?

Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    That's not what Plushenko said, either.

Actually, I find both American nineteen year olds to be more impressive than Kovtun in pretty much every way possible, even if they don't have the same medal count he has.

^ That is, the great Dick Button was the first man to do a double Axel.

According to Wikipedia, the first man to do a triple Axel was Vern Taylor at the 1978 World Championships. Taylor got 12th, so Kovtun, with his fine showing this year, is better.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast