Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Results 61 to 70 of 70

Thread: Vera Bazarova & Andrei Deputat

  1. #61
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,022

    0 Not allowed!
    2014 Olympics Pairs SP Group 4 & 5 Full Version. Vera & Yuri at 41min 45s.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hWA6DjIfnM

  2. #62
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    987

    4 Not allowed!
    1 assignment only, really ?

  3. #63
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    386

    0 Not allowed!
    I agree, very disappointing for Vera and Andrei. They skated well at Nationals (should have been ahead Z/E) and had a strong finish to the season but the fact is they are the 6th ranked Russian couple. The depth in Russian is crazy now. I hope they are training well and skate well in some Senior B's and have a good showing at Skate Canada.

  4. #64
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    987

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3T3T View Post
    I agree, very disappointing for Vera and Andrei. They skated well at Nationals (should have been ahead Z/E) and had a strong finish to the season but the fact is they are the 6th ranked Russian couple. The depth in Russian is crazy now. I hope they are training well and skate well in some Senior B's and have a good showing at Skate Canada.
    I kinda feel sorry for them
    makes me want to switch Z/E with their assignments

    I hope they do well in their GP event and skate in some challenger competitions to rack more points and improve their PB scores

  5. #65
    Spiral Lover tulosai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    9,549

    0 Not allowed!
    It's a bummer but the federation chose to give the host spot to Z/E and that's that... as others have said there is crazy depth in Russia and the fact is they are the #6 team there. All they can do is keep working hard and try to demonstrate this season that the Fed made a mistake giving the spot to Z/E and not to them, and then go from there.

    I wish them all the best as they prepare for this season!

  6. #66
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,022

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    It's a bummer but the federation chose to give the host spot to Z/E and that's that... as others have said there is crazy depth in Russia and the fact is they are the #6 team there.
    It is a bummer indeed. They would have deserved 2 GP spots but personally I would have picked Z/E before them also.

    By the way, they were the 7th best Russian pair last season - V/T, S/K, K/S, T/M, A/R and Z/E were all better than B/D last season.

  7. #67
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,333

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Finn View Post
    It is a bummer indeed. They would have deserved 2 GP spots but personally I would have picked Z/E before them also.

    By the way, they were the 7th best Russian pair last season - V/T, S/K, K/S, T/M, A/R and Z/E were all better than B/D last season.
    Well, Z/E were held up at the nationals, so not sure how can you say they were better. Getting Mozer's bonus points doesn't make them automatically better. I know Vera has problem with her jumps generally, but she landed everything at the nationals.

  8. #68
    Spiral Lover tulosai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    9,549

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Finn View Post
    It is a bummer indeed. They would have deserved 2 GP spots but personally I would have picked Z/E before them also.

    By the way, they were the 7th best Russian pair last season - V/T, S/K, K/S, T/M, A/R and Z/E were all better than B/D last season.
    I wasn't counting V/T since they decided not to go on the GP. I do think at the moment they and Z/E are close though... neither team did great last season but both teams are good and promising IMO.

  9. #69
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,022

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Well, Z/E were held up at the nationals
    Actually Z/E probably should have been above A/R not behind them.

  10. #70
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,333

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Finn View Post
    Actually Z/E probably should have been above A/R not behind them.
    Z/E were very generously rewarded with GOE and PCS. Let's see if the international judges are as generous. Their GP events will show what level they are at. Getting two GP event may not necessarily be a blessing. It may also be a curse, unless they perform really well.
    Last edited by hanca; 07-01-2016 at 04:54 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •