Costumes-best and worst? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Costumes-best and worst?

jennyanydots

On the Ice
Best: every single one of Akiko's dresses (I think there were about 6 including the Ex), Caro's Ave Maria dress except for the neckline, Yuna's SP, 1st LP and Ex dresses, I/K Olympics SD & FD, P/B FD (some people found them awful but they were very creative and fit the theme perfectly), Anna Capannelli's SD skirt and FD dress, Julia SP and LP, Jenna McCorkell SP

Worst: All of Adelina's dresses, both of Anna Pogorilaya's dresses, Elena Radionova LP

GF2445

Record Breaker
I really liked all of tessa and scott's costumes this season
All three of of them in the Short Dance and All 4-5 of them in their Free Dance.

BusyMom

Medalist
I really liked all of tessa and scott's costumes this season
All three of of them in the Short Dance and All 4-5 of them in their Free Dance.

:agree: They are such a beautiful couple. They could probably pull any costumes on and still be memorable.

You don't need to be a blond to be the exceptional Hollywood beauty. *cough*cough*

mysticice

Rinkside
Best: Mao's LP (Sochi and WC), I/K FD, V/T SP

Worst: Mao's LP in GPF (too much black), Pogorilaya's LP (that shell!), Sotnikova's LP, D/W SD (pink is not her color), Javier's SP

ahy

Final Flight
Best : Yuna's classy sp and lp
Mao's lp
So youn's lp
Julia's sp and lp
Elena's sp
Worst : Adelina's lp (kinda like a rubbish bag or wtever, but not the style i like)
Carolina' scheherazade (that's horrible...)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hits:

- Joshua Farris SP and LP (to manage both costumes as great is quite a feat)
- Artur Gachinski SP and LP
- Yuzuru Hanyu SP
- Brendan Kerry SP and first LP
- Tomas Verner (I can't remember which but it was black and red and I did quite like it)
- Yuna Kim LP (dress of the night for me)
- Castelli/Shnapir SP
- O'Brien/Merriman SP and LP
- Max Aaron SP
- Jeremy Abbott SP
- Adelina Sotnikova LP
- I/K FD
- Lukas Kaugars SP

Misses:

- Yuzuru Hanyu LP
- Yuna Kim SP
- Javier Fernandez
- Carolina Kostner SP (Really, skating to a religiously-themed song with THAT much cleavage showing?)
- Mr Sparklebutt
- Davis/White: Meryl's Olympic SD dress
- Virtue/Moir - I found all of her dresses completely uninspiring

(I don't seem to have had that many horrible feelings about costumes this season. Hm. Still, I am planning an Olympic marathon over the weekend, I'm sure I'll find a few more)

Costumes that others have had strong feelings for that I don't have feelings for either way:

- Jason Brown SP and LP (sorry but I didn't actually like the Riverdance costume that much, but at least the SP was a step up from last year)
- Adelina Sotnikova SP (didn't hate it, didn't love it)
- Davis/White: Meryl's FD dresses - I actually thought the masterpiece costumes were Charlie's
- Brooklee Han (I LOVE Brooklee but I wasn't sold on the dresses this year)
- Jeremy Abbott LP
- Max Aaron LP (okay that's a lie. I have strong feelings about certain aspects of this costume :love:. But as an overall look...not so fond.)
- Yulia Lipnitskaya - her SP dress was very childish, and while I did like the top half of her red dress, I wasn't fond of the bottom half.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Agree, really liked that too, even if close up is even too elaborate...
For me the best ones are Caro's Ave Maria (if we forget that Ave Maria is a religious piece of music :biggrin: ), then Julia's FS (perfectly fits the theme of the music), Yu-Na's Tango, Tatiana's SP, Ashley's red R&J, Aljona's Pink Panther (again ;) )
The worst one for me is Meryl's Olympic SD :disapp::disapp:
(On a side note: I've seen Adelina's Carmen in Budapest, and, even if it's certainly not a wonderful dress, live it's not that bad :slink: )

Bonnie F

On the Ice
Did any costume beat in uglyness the yellow Kulik? If not, dear skaters, please work harder next season!

I have to agree that this still goes down as the ugliest costume I've ever seen! What made it worse was that I really liked Kulik. No other costume has yet to come close to that yellow plastic looking monstrosity.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I have to agree that this still goes down as the ugliest costume I've ever seen! What made it worse was that I really liked Kulik. No other costume has yet to come close to that yellow plastic looking monstrosity.
Most comments on yotube video of Kulik 1998 program are about his costume. :laugh:
Look at the hight he got for the triple Axel. Look at the color he got for his outfit.
But I do think Hanyu's costume for long program this season has reached another level of monstrosity. :slink: I mean, it looks like he was cosplaying Juliet.:unsure:

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Are we talking about this season's costumes or in general?

In general I really think most of Mao's competition costumes are unfortunate. I have no idea who comes up with them but I am glad she talked to them (or fired them) this season because it was a lot more bearable. Those frills and lots of lace with choker necklines.... I am just not sure what they are thinking.

This season: I loved Yuna's LP costume, it was super classy and really age-appropriate. It really showed her progression from some of the open dresses and more feisty music to something more sophisticated. I absolutely loved her SP dress as well, not the dress itself but how it looks on her on ice is amazing. Also her Olympic Exhibition "Imagine" dress is ethereal. I like it a lot more than Gracie's LP dress, which has similar colors. It is simpler but very very elegant and just....ethereal. Another angle. *again restraints herself from fangirling over most of Yuna's costumes*

Also, is this dress gorgeous or what?

I like Gracie's SP too. Reminds me of Sasha's R&J for some reason.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Why can't he cosplay Juliet? :rolleye:
That's the reason I call his long program Juliet-Narcissist. :biggrin: come to think of it, Machida's costume for his long program also deserves a nomination for bad costume of this season. Flappy bird cosplay, I suppose.

Sorry, I was just saying for fun. I love these skaters, though.

Alba

Record Breaker
Best: Suzuki SP, Yulia SP&FS, Costner SP, Mao SP, Marchei LP, Gold SP, Bazarova SP, Tatiana SP, I&K SD, Machida SP, Kovtun LP
There are others but thease I do remember very well and very much liked.

Worst: too many. :slink:

Anna K.

Final Flight
Country
Latvia
That's the reason I call his long program Juliet-Narcissist. :biggrin: come to think of it, Machida's costume for his long program also deserves a nomination for bad costume of this season. Flappy bird cosplay, I suppose.

Sorry, I was just saying for fun. I love these skaters, though.

Yeah, I guess I like them, too. Wouldn't mind if they grow out of their chicken feathers as well (compar. Daisuke Elektroswan) :laugh: