Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Costumes-best and worst?

[QUOTE=Buttercup;912423]Akiko Suzuki is always well-dressed QUOTE]

Yes, Akiko is my costume queen!

Also, I like Mao's Gala costume very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubirosa View Post
    Agree, really liked that too, even if close up is even too elaborate...
    For me the best ones are Caro's Ave Maria (if we forget that Ave Maria is a religious piece of music ), then Julia's FS (perfectly fits the theme of the music), Yu-Na's Tango, Tatiana's SP, Ashley's red R&J, Aljona's Pink Panther (again )
    The worst one for me is Meryl's Olympic SD
    (On a side note: I've seen Adelina's Carmen in Budapest, and, even if it's certainly not a wonderful dress, live it's not that bad )

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by aschiutza View Post
    Did any costume beat in uglyness the yellow Kulik? If not, dear skaters, please work harder next season!
    I have to agree that this still goes down as the ugliest costume I've ever seen! What made it worse was that I really liked Kulik. No other costume has yet to come close to that yellow plastic looking monstrosity.

Love popcorn, hate horrendous costumes. Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Risa View Post
    I have to agree that this still goes down as the ugliest costume I've ever seen! What made it worse was that I really liked Kulik. No other costume has yet to come close to that yellow plastic looking monstrosity.
    Most comments on yotube video of Kulik 1998 program are about his costume.
    Look at the hight he got for the triple Axel. Look at the color he got for his outfit.
    But I do think Hanyu's costume for long program this season has reached another level of monstrosity. I mean, it looks like he was cosplaying Juliet.

Are we talking about this season's costumes or in general?

In general I really think most of Mao's competition costumes are unfortunate. I have no idea who comes up with them but I am glad she talked to them (or fired them) this season because it was a lot more bearable. Those frills and lots of lace with choker necklines.... I am just not sure what they are thinking.

This season: I loved Yuna's LP costume, it was super classy and really age-appropriate. It really showed her progression from some of the open dresses and more feisty music to something more sophisticated. I absolutely loved her SP dress as well, not the dress itself but how it looks on her on ice is amazing. Also her Olympic Exhibition "Imagine" dress is ethereal. I like it a lot more than Gracie's LP dress, which has similar colors. It is simpler but very very elegant and just....ethereal. Another angle. *again restraints herself from fangirling over most of Yuna's costumes*

Also, is this dress gorgeous or what?

I like Gracie's SP too. Reminds me of Sasha's R&J for some reason.

Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post

But I do think Hanyu's costume for long program this season has reached another level of monstrosity. I mean, it looks like he was cosplaying Juliet.

Why can't he cosplay Juliet?

Love popcorn, hate horrendous costumes. Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna K. View Post
    Why can't he cosplay Juliet?
    That's the reason I call his long program Juliet-Narcissist. come to think of it, Machida's costume for his long program also deserves a nomination for bad costume of this season. Flappy bird cosplay, I suppose.

Sorry, I was just saying for fun. I love these skaters, though.

Yulia forver! I'm on team dumped Ice Dance. Alba's Avatar
    Best: Suzuki SP, Yulia SP&FS, Costner SP, Mao SP, Marchei LP, Gold SP, Bazarova SP, Tatiana SP, I&K SD, Machida SP, Kovtun LP
    There are others but thease I do remember very well and very much liked.

Worst: too many.

Custom Title
    Personally I really like this costume of Hanyu from SP 2011-12:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--e_KBWLk-X...00/HanyuSP.jpg

Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    That's the reason I call his long program Juliet-Narcissist. come to think of it, Machida's costume for his long program also deserves a nomination for bad costume of this season. Flappy bird cosplay, I suppose.

Sorry, I was just saying for fun. I love these skaters, though.
    Yeah, I guess I like them, too. Wouldn't mind if they grow out of their chicken feathers as well (compar. Daisuke Elektroswan)

Custom Title
    Procrastinating by Watching my Fav. Skaters
    Best:
    Ice Dance: D/W FD costumes and Sochi gala costume, V/M SP and faberge egg costumes, I/K all of their's from this season, C/B SD costumes,
    Pairs: V/T SP costumes
    Ladies: Gracie Gold SP and LP, Julia SP/LP/gala, Elena Radionova yellow dress, Ashley Wagner SP and LP, Polina Edmunds all of her's

I know I'm forgetting some of my other favorites...I'll edit later.

Worst: ...Soooooo many.....too many....

- On a different note, I really really disliked Meryl's Sochi SP dress at first.... However, the more I watch the video and see where she got the design idea from, the more neutral I am about it. I don't think it's pretty or even particularly flattering, but I get what mood she was trying to create and such - and the original dress it's based off of is pretty-enough...so maybe it was just lost in translation a little bit between idea and actual design?
    And I'm not a huge fan of the longer skirts that seemed to be "in" for ice dance dresses this year. Some of them were very cute/flattering/appropriate, but then there were some girls wearing them that I felt would've looked better / less stumpy maybe if they had just a slightly shorter skirt.
    As a teacher once told me: "Papers are like a girl's skirt. You need it long enough to cover the point, but short enough to keep it interesting." --> Only I am of course referencing for skirt purposes, lol

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Risa View Post
    Kulik was the first skater i really really liked and a season before he had the lovely Romeo costum, so elegant and classy. And then comes with two bad costums, the Revolution one and this yellow one. Grrrrr....

Quote Originally Posted by aschiutza View Post
    Kulik was the first skater i really really liked and a season before he had the lovely Romeo costum, so elegant and classy. And then comes with two bad costums, the Revolution one and this yellow one. Grrrrr....
    I like Kulik's Aladdin costume, too. He was so young and cute ..

Quote Originally Posted by snowflakebeautiful View Post
    As a teacher once told me: "Papers are like a girl's skirt. You need it long enough to cover the point, but short enough to keep it interesting." --> Only I am of course referencing for skirt purposes, lol
    Wow! so smart, so true!

Custom Title
    Favorite Costumes:

Yulia's SP & LP
    V/T's SP
    Tessa & Scott's SD & FD (all of them)
    Kaitlyn & Andrew SD

There were others but I can't remember them at the moment.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast