Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Costumes-best and worst?

Custom Title
    Agree. If Alissa's dress had been any color but white I think it would have been stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by desertskates View Post
    I totally agree. My worst white dress goes to Alissa Czisny in 2012. I loved her skating so much, and her struggling with her hip problem was so hard to watch. But this dress was just
    http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...ssa_Czisny.JPG
    Agree... That was absolutely terrible to look at, and it was probably the only time I disliked one of her dresses

In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    That's the thing that made Alissa's dress not only ugly, but puzzling: she was always dressed so beautifully in the past. If I had paid mega-buck$ (and she undoubtedly did) for that mess, I'd have headed back to the closet and recycled the dress below for that program.
    http://figureskatingcostumes.tumblr....doctor-zhivago

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by joannix View Post
    Agreed!!!! the first time I saw Piper´s FD dress in NHK Trophy I was like
    Yes, Piper is very into fashion design (she's studying it at Ryerson University), so she was happy when Nick Verreos sent her a message telling her how much he liked her dress.

Piper's program in fashion design is quite different from Paul's degree in linguistics. 3 years ago I wasn't sure these two would click because Paul is more cerebral and nerdy with all the languages stuff, etc. but they ending up having better chemistry together than they did with their prior partners. So sometimes the differences between two partners end up complementing each other well. I've noticed this in other teams, too.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post
    Yes, Piper is very into fashion design (she's studying it at Ryerson University), so she was happy when Nick Verreos sent her a message telling her how much he liked her dress.

Piper's program in fashion design is quite different from Paul's degree in linguistics. 3 years ago I wasn't sure these two would click because Paul is more cerebral and nerdy with all the languages stuff, etc. but they ending up having better chemistry together than they did with their prior partners. So sometimes the differences between two partners end up complementing each other well. I've noticed this in other teams, too.
    Hahaha!!!! you are so right!!!! Opposites attract!!!

Best and worst costumes you've seen

Hi everyone!

I was just curious to know - what in your opinion was the most beautifully-designed costume, one that really took your breath away? And also what was the worst design you've seen on a skater?

Medalist
    Best - So many good costumes to choose
    Worst - Spider on Ando

Rinkside
    Worst, Kostner's costumes from the LP in Vancouver

[QUOTE=Tompson;925583]Best - So many good costumes to choose
    Still there should be one or two - most mind blowing ones

Quote Originally Posted by trouble77 View Post
    Worst, Kostner's costumes from the LP in Vancouver
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjBtanpTYTY - this one?

Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    There's another "costumes" thread started a few weeks ago; maybe Mods can combine?

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...best-and-worst

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Where I was reminded of the "One Banana" skate by Yagudin

Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    Posted in the earlier thread, but Alexei Urmanov just came to mind so here I go again! He was never one of my faves but I actually think his costumes had something to do with it -- most seemed fussy and distracting to me, sometimes downright silly.

Quote Originally Posted by skatedreamer View Post
    Posted in the earlier thread, but Alexei Urmanov just came to mind so here I go again! He was never one of my faves but I actually think his costumes had something to do with it -- most seemed fussy and distracting to me, sometimes downright silly.
    His costumes seem somewhat theatrical, something that maybe belongs on the stage rather than on ice. That is the feeling I get from his costumes.

I've been also wondering - is there such thing as fashion trends in ice skating? I've been mostly dealing with ballroom dancing world and there are definitely such thing as fashion trends there. Even though any dancer is looking to get something unique and special there are certain styles that usually followed. Skating as well as gymnastics is very much built around the specific performance, it's much more individualistic. So its very likely that any costume would work as long as it is working with the dance. But can you say, looking at the costume, that it looks outdated?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast