Hanyu, Asada gain entry to Guinness Book | Golden Skate

Hanyu, Asada gain entry to Guinness Book

Rubirosa

Match Penalty
What a joke. There is no "world record" in ISU books. How come Guiness found the one. :scratch:

Guiness is inconsistent with themselves. How many times "world record" was broken. Did all skaters every time enter their books? No. I remember Chan did. But he is Canadian, as "Guiness Records". Now Mao with Yuzuru. Good time, good ads, sponsored by TV Tokyo. Good business for everyone. :love:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Why don't you just go look at yourself in the mirror, to see how all the negative comments you have ever given affect your image badly? I am pretty sure you would look more handsome with less negative comments.

GGoldberg

Match Penalty
With rule changes, it will be interesting to see how records hold. In ice dance for instance, having one fewer lifts will by definition lower base values for the Free dance by 3-5 points.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Obviously, I don't have your agenda who come around forum stalking the poster you don't like to come with personal provoking attack. Take your advice and go look at yourself in mirror. You are in no poistion to judge anyone. :biggrin:
Don't misunderstand me. I like you. People are drawn to their opposite. Whenever I see a latest post on the forum from someone like you, I know immediately that is negative. :popcorn: just curious why do you want to bring wars. I don't judge you. I am curious about you. :eek::

nimi

Medalist
Huh. I thought you Rubirosa were just anti-Yuna and anti-Korea, but apparently you're anti-everything? Well, there's a tedious Plushenko thread on the forum that could use some fresh new trolls, see you there! :agree:

I mean, you have to admit that this Guinness World Records business is not very fertile ground for aspiring provocateurs...

Barb

Record Breaker
I agree that the scores included in guiness is a little ridiculous :p, but anyway, japanese fed or their sponsors only looking for new ways to attract more public, like if Mao and Yuzu were not enough popular already :biggrin:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I agree that the scores included in guiness is a little ridiculous :p, but anyway, japanese fed or their sponsors only looking for new ways to attract more public, like if Mao and Yuzu were not enough popular already :biggrin:
Kim Yuna's records were also included in Guinness book. Personally I don't care much about these things. Records are meant to be broken anyways. Just find it amusing that some people have to be anti everything just for the sake of anti-ing. :biggrin:

lbc2138

On the Ice
People that go on threads about things they clearly don't like just to leave negative comments obviously have a lot of hatred in their hearts and probably have nothing better to do. I had hoped the skating community was above this but I guess every community has its downers.

Anyways. Congrats to the both! I know Mao is already an adored skater by the entire skating community and is even more so adored in Japan, she deserves all of it and I hope this is a sign for her to at least keep going until she feels like she can't go on anymore. Re-discovering her through the Olympics only makes me wish to continually see new sides of her and maybe see her going after the record for the FP.

And congrats Yuzu! Japan's rising son is truly experiencing a lot at such a young age. Can't wait to see what's in store for the next Olympic cycle and maybe even beyond! :)

Also, side note... why do skaters like keeping everyone in suspense about retirement or not? Is it a way to psych out the competition or maybe waiting to finalize on some choreography next season, waiting on doctor check ups to make sure they're in good condition? Some have made their retirements very obvious at the beginning of the season and then sort of change their minds when they have a good competition or vice versa.

What a joke. There is no "world record" in ISU books. How come Guiness found the one. :scratch:

Actually, there is an official "world record" on the ISU (e-)books. Here is the progression of the world record for the men's short program, for instance, from the ISU web site.

Note that the first 17 record holders were the skaters, in reverse skate order, at the 2003 Nebelhorn Trophy, the first event officially scored by the IJS. :) Aidas Reklys held the world record for 5 minutes. :clap:

Setting aside that competition, the Big Daddies of the CoP are Plushenko (set/broke the world record five times), Chan (three times), and Hanyu (five times so far).

http://www.isuresults.com/isujsstat/phsmsp.htm

Last edited:

nimi

Medalist
Note that the first 17 record holders were the skaters, in reverse skate order, at the 2003 Nebelhorn Trophy, the first event officially scored by the IJS. :) Aidas Reklys held the world record for 5 minutes. :clap:
What a delightful piece of trivia. Yay for Aidas! :clap:

aschiutza

On the Ice
I think is great if FS is in Guiness book, might bring some attention from youngster. I find GB quite funny and some of those record are purely a joke, but in sport is important for FS to be represented.

Rubirosa

Match Penalty
Actually, there is an official "world record" on the ISU (e-)books. Here is the progression of the world record for the men's short program, for instance, from the ISU web site.
Where do you see "world records"? ISU doesn't recognize the term "world records". Is it an honest mistake or maybe you just wanted to bring us one more lie, like Guiness with TV Tokyo? :disapp:

The best results achieved in competitions operating under the ISU Judging System are referred to as "highest scores" and "personal bests". The ISU does not currently recognize the highest scores as "World records".

http://www.isu.org/en/single-and-pa...ncluding-personal-bestseason-best-information

(stroll down to Explanatory Note)

Glad to see that someone speaking honest sense here. The fake world records were "broken" multiple times by many skaters. Did all of them enter Guiness with some ceremonies? No. Only when the stage is needed, like here or in Chan case. When someone like Yuna is involved in farce, it entertains me. When my dearest skater like Mao is, it annoys me. Mao is very popular enough, she doesn't need this farce. Possibly she was used to promote Yuzuru in this comedy show. I heard WC tickets sales went down on secondary market. Sochi Men LP event got Golden Raspberry award as "Worst event" for a reason in my book.

Where do you see "world records"? ISU doesn't recognize the term "world records". Is it an honest mistake or maybe you just wanted to bring us one more lie, like Guiness with TV Tokyo? :disapp:

The best results achieved in competitions operating under the ISU Judging System are referred to as "highest scores" and "personal bests". The ISU does not currently recognize the highest scores as "World records".

Of course they are world records. The scores are in the record books. They are higher than anyone else's in the world. Silly pedantry doesn't change that.

Furthermore, I can prove that they are world records: they are in the official Guinness Book of World Records. ;)

Here is what the Guinness Book is for (this is historically true). You are sitting in the pub quaffing Guinness stout and Guinness ale and you get to arguing with another drunken sot about who scored the most points in an NBA basketball game. Before a fistfight breaks out, the bartender whips out his Guinness Book and settles the matter. (Wilt Chamberlain, 100 points :eek: )

What goes into the Guinness Book is anything that anyone might argue about, such as who had the longest fingernails (female). The World Record holder :rock: is Lee Redman, 8.65 meters. Don't believe me? No need to fight about it, look it up in the Guinness Book. :yes:

dasani

On the Ice
Did all of them enter Guiness with some ceremonies? No. Only when the stage is needed, like here or in Chan case. When someone like Yuna is involved in farce, it entertains me. When my dearest skater like Mao is, it annoys me. Mao is very popular enough, she doesn't need this farce. Possibly she was used to promote Yuzuru in this comedy show. I heard WC tickets sales went down on secondary market. Sochi Men LP event got Golden Raspberry award as "Worst event" for a reason in my book.

Well "Mao fan", here is some news to you, this is NOT the first time Mao-chan got recognition by the Guinness World Record.
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2010/04/13/sports/mao-honored-for-world-record/

Perhaps this wouldn't really matter afterall, you only seem to have interest to spread hate and negativity on the forum anyways. :disapp:

qwertyskates

Medalist
Don't attack me, but unlike say, swimming or the 100m sprint, where there is a clear quantifiable record in miliseconds, I would say figure skating scores are more subjective and qualitative. With PCS now going through the roof and given away like candy, it is truly difficult to quantify in a meaningful way FS scores. These records can be broken by the next one-upmanship in awarding home or judges' favorites.

PCS is almost max-ed out, so the next record would likely be TES-related, and probably would mean more difficult technical content (quad for ladies?) which scares me alot.

Still happy for Hanyu and Mao, especially Mao, she deserves this honor!

Meoima

Match Penalty
:laugh: Who is talking. How many threads did you ruin like this one with your personal attacks, which itself is a mastership of trolling, on the posters you don't like? I lost the account. How can you live a life of someone who is in need to attack the poster and not the argument- I don't care to know. It's losers life. :p
People pick you up for a reason, as for me, it's for comical value. I am very amused. How can you spend that much time going around and spread your hate? :popcorn: I love drama and popcorn, so I follow you. Please continue your trolling career, don't mind me. You are like a dark force trying to ruin normal threads. And I like villain. :popcorn: