Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 288

Thread: Prediction for your favorite skaters next season

  1. #151
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    21
    Pairs Predictions

    I'm hoping US pairs Alexa Scimeca/ Chris Knierim place on the podium at nats. I think they'll either grow extensively or continue to have the issues they're currently having with injuries.

    I feel like Shnapir/Castelli will do well and possibly have a slightly more consistent quad sal throw. They'll continue to dominate US pairs. Possible 3rd place at smaller events?

    Extremely Hopeful Predictions(they won't come true)
    Preface: Jason and Gracie have posted videos of side by side 3 lutzes and Jason has learned throw jumps.
    They team up as a pair team and make it to the Nats podium in their debut year.

  2. #152
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,910
    Quote Originally Posted by ovaskater View Post
    Pairs Predictions

    Extremely Hopeful Predictions(they won't come true)
    Preface: Jason and Gracie have posted videos of side by side 3 lutzes and Jason has learned throw jumps.
    They team up as a pair team and make it to the Nats podium in their debut year.
    Oh but wouldn't that be marvelous? Of course, Gracie would have to learn how to throw Jason, but still, absolutely marvelous!


  3. #153
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,803
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    although he must have a very thick skin after the flak he gets for 2013 Worlds.
    Flak? You must be kidding me. What flak? He was pampered and coddled and promoted, and it was chalked down to experience by his own fed. He didn't get abuse and vitriol from them, like Gachinski did. Kovtun is the golden wonderbrat and can do no wrong in the eyes of the fed.

  4. #154
    Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    At the Rink
    Posts
    3,199
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    Oh but wouldn't that be marvelous? Of course, Gracie would have to learn how to throw Jason, but still, absolutely marvelous!

    Would Jason still do throws? Seriously still

  5. #155
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by ovaskater View Post
    Pairs Predictions

    I'm hoping US pairs Alexa Scimeca/ Chris Knierim place on the podium at nats. I think they'll either grow extensively or continue to have the issues they're currently having with injuries.

    I feel like Shnapir/Castelli will do well and possibly have a slightly more consistent quad sal throw. They'll continue to dominate US pairs. Possible 3rd place at smaller events?

    Extremely Hopeful Predictions(they won't come true)
    Preface: Jason and Gracie have posted videos of side by side 3 lutzes and Jason has learned throw jumps.
    They team up as a pair team and make it to the Nats podium in their debut year.
    I think Chris and Alexa will end up being sort of a one hit wonder who had a solid first season together in the most depleted US Nationals pairs field maybe ever. With Z/B, K/O and D/F on upward trajectories and C/S having blown way past them this season and thus having #1 status with USFS, they'll have to be on their A game to make a World team again. His injury was only part of their bad season-- she also made nervy mistakes and often- on the GP, at Nats, at 4CC. It was like once the pressure and spotlight was on (and even when it was off at 4CC), they couldn't deliver. I was also underwhelmed with them live at Nats- yes the twist is amazing and yes they're pretty on the ice but they skate slooooooow and their programs were uninspired and empty. It was easy to see live why their FS was 10-12 points behind the top 3 even with mistakes from D/C (who I loathe) and C/S. If they stay training where they are, I don't see it happening for them.

    I actually think the world team for 2015 will once again be Marissa/Simon and Felicia/Nate. I think Denney/Frazier and Kayne/O'Shea will challenge them in years to come but not next year. Although I could see K/O surging sooner than D/F.

  6. #156
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,017
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Flak? You must be kidding me. What flak? He was pampered and coddled and promoted, and it was chalked down to experience by his own fed. He didn't get abuse and vitriol from them, like Gachinski did. Kovtun is the golden wonderbrat and can do no wrong in the eyes of the fed.
    Uh he's gotten loads of criticism for failing to get 2 spots in Sochi. Notably from Plushenko who was frustrated that a loss at Nationals and only one Russian spot compromised his chance of going to Sochi.

    People ridicule Kovtun for placing 17th (actually 15th essentially) as a junior skater thrown into his second senior competition, the first being Euros. I agree Kovtun is a brat, but as a skater he's been accelerated and the expectations on him were too great. He jumps from 17th to 4th at Worlds and people are still "meh" about him and refer indefinitely to the year he was sent to Worlds instead of Voronov/Mwnshov and failed to deliver when the Russian fed made that final decision. And it's not like they would have done better and secured two spots with the seasons they'd been having. But of course it ends up being Kovtun's cross to bear.

    Oh well, as much as people criticize him for that Worlds failure, the experience really helped him and I don't think his GP season and Russian nationals and Worlds would have been as successful if not for being accelerated from the junior ranks mid-season last year. I mean at the end of the day, Kovtun is a strong competitor for Russia. I hope his not making the Sochi team or World podium has humbled him a bit from his Nationals win and he can mature both skating-wise and personality-wise for next season.

  7. #157
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,377
    Quote Originally Posted by flutzy13 View Post
    I think Chris and Alexa will end up being sort of a one hit wonder who had a solid first season together in the most depleted US Nationals pairs field maybe ever. With Z/B, K/O and D/F on upward trajectories and C/S having blown way past them this season and thus having #1 status with USFS, they'll have to be on their A game to make a World team again. His injury was only part of their bad season-- she also made nervy mistakes and often- on the GP, at Nats, at 4CC. It was like once the pressure and spotlight was on (and even when it was off at 4CC), they couldn't deliver. I was also underwhelmed with them live at Nats- yes the twist is amazing and yes they're pretty on the ice but they skate slooooooow and their programs were uninspired and empty. It was easy to see live why their FS was 10-12 points behind the top 3 even with mistakes from D/C (who I loathe) and C/S. If they stay training where they are, I don't see it happening for them.

    I actually think the world team for 2015 will once again be Marissa/Simon and Felicia/Nate. I think Denney/Frazier and Kayne/O'Shea will challenge them in years to come but not next year. Although I could see K/O surging sooner than D/F.
    Well US Pairs won't be moving up if those are the 2 teams at Worlds again next year. C/S won't move up much and Z/B have tiny elements compared to the top teams and will be lucky to ever make the top 10 at Worlds. I hope K/S get it together and K/O i think have much more potential then a team like Z/B.

  8. #158
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    335
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    I predict Yulia avenges all the various spellings of her name by going by her middle name next year. Vyacheslavovna Lipnitskaya. Good luck rink announcers and GS faithful
    I couldn't stop laughing at this. My stomach hurts now.

  9. #159
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,567
    The problem with Zhang/Bartholomay is that at least once or twice during the season, Nate will have a problem with an aborted lift, which is extremely costly. And it happened again at Worlds. The scores were so tightly packed after the SP that Z/B had a real chance to move up a couple of places with a clean FS. The Wendes, who were ahead of Z/B after the SP had basically bombed their FS, so the opportunity was there to gain on them. Z/B had scored 110 and change in Sochi--a similar clean performance could have boosted their final standing. Things were going well until the aborted lift, and then there was NO chance of a move up.

    Every time Z/B take the ice from now on I will be gritting my teeth. I just hope for a huge improvement in Scimeca/Knierim and a different team at Worlds 2015.

  10. #160
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,147
    I think Z&B are doing well getting the most out of themselves. He is a smaller guy and they dont have the bigger or exciting tricks, or the basic skating skills to go much further, but I am sure they will keep fighting and trying to make some more world teams. Whether they even try for 2018 or not, is harder to say.

    I think a team like Scimeca/Knierim have way more potential.

  11. #161
    In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    606
    Here's a wonky predicition. Gracie's hairstylist tells her that the bleach is doing irreparable damage to her hair and she returns to her natural brown. She looks beautiful, proving that beauty comes in many different packages.

  12. #162
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    The problem with Zhang/Bartholomay is that at least once or twice during the season, Nate will have a problem with an aborted lift, which is extremely costly. And it happened again at Worlds. The scores were so tightly packed after the SP that Z/B had a real chance to move up a couple of places with a clean FS. The Wendes, who were ahead of Z/B after the SP had basically bombed their FS, so the opportunity was there to gain on them. Z/B had scored 110 and change in Sochi--a similar clean performance could have boosted their final standing. Things were going well until the aborted lift, and then there was NO chance of a move up.

    Every time Z/B take the ice from now on I will be gritting my teeth. I just hope for a huge improvement in Scimeca/Knierim and a different team at Worlds 2015.
    I think both US pairs had a good chance to improve their World stature post Sochi. The Olympic judges gave C&S solid scores for skates with a few mistakes and indicated they would be willing to give them big scores for good skates. But they failed to capitalize and walk through that door at Worlds. It was like all the life went out of them for the FS after the death spiral was invalidated in the short. Still I think they are a known entity for international judges after putting down 4 respectable Olympic performances and the judges will be more generous with them than any of the other uS pairs. And I expect them to have a 1-2 mistake cushion at Nats over the other teams as 2 time champs. Whether that's wise or fair, I'm not sure but I do think they're significantly ahead of all the other US teams PCS wise so I guess it is.

    With Z/B, it's not that I think they have more potential than the other pairs, I just expect they'll deliver at Nationals next season and I don't think we have any reason to assume that of the other teams yet. Even when Z/B have errors, I never feel like they're skating scared. And that's huge for nationals which seems to be one big head game.

    S&K had a disaster in one of the two programs at every comp this year. Chris is almost 27 which isn't ancient but isn't young when you've had no international success to speak of yet. If we're looking to the future, Im looking more to D/F and K/O.

  13. #163
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    335
    Quote Originally Posted by pamela View Post
    Its really a dream, but my prediction is that Elena Ilinykh and Ruslan Zhiganshin skate to Conchita Wurst's "rise like a phoenix"

    http://youtu.be/ToqNa0rqUtY

    Like a free or gala... Im sorry I have the lyrics stuck in my head hehehe
    What is that. I like it; the lyrics are good, but the video is very strange.

  14. #164
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabel_O'Reilly View Post
    What is that. I like it; the lyrics are good, but the video is very strange.
    hahaha yes very strange, a friend sent it to me and i immediately though of elena and ruslan. its austria's entry for eurovision 2014.
    the lyrics are good, but im not a fan of the song. i wish someone does a cover of it and change the beat.

  15. #165
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,017
    Quote Originally Posted by desertskates View Post
    Here's a wonky predicition. Gracie's hairstylist tells her that the bleach is doing irreparable damage to her hair and she returns to her natural brown. She looks beautiful, proving that beauty comes in many different packages.
    And sky_fly laments her doomed Hollywood career, and starts going on a bashing spree of her.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •