Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Prediction for your favorite skaters next season

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by loiza View Post
    You can not make your opinion an absolute truth.
    You do not like it, fine, but other people like.
    And for me Yulia feels the music.
    Exactly.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Minze2001 View Post
    Yes for Mao and a boyfriend, but knowing Mao I think if she had one we will never know. She is so private
    I think Mao is oh sooo private that this is a prediction that may have already come true. But, that's what gives her such an air of mystery that captivates so many.

Custom Title
    I predict Yulia will fix her Lutz before September.

Custom Title
    ^Probably too optimistic, but I hope you're right.

Regarding the Battle of the Schindler's Lists: One person may prefer Yulia's. Another may prefer Joshua's. Neither is wrong. Me? I found Yulia's more emotionally powerful, but there are definitely aspects of Joshua's that I prefer--for instance, his movements are more finished and less (CoP-style) rushed.

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gotoschool View Post
    I think Mao is oh sooo private that this is a prediction that may have already come true. But, that's what gives her such an air of mystery that captivates so many.
    Can I hope for Dai and Mao to become a couple?
    Nah, as long as they find happiness on their own, it's fine. Still...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    I can tell you that even you will remember Yulia's SL ten years from now as will countless others.
    I bet 20 years from now, karne will be weeping in front of youtube, rewatching Yulia's Schindler's List again and again and whispering through tears: "God, she was so good for a deaf girl!"

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by papa View Post
    I bet 20 years from now, karne will be weeping in front of youtube, rewatching Yulia's Schindler's List again and again and whispering through tears: "God, she was so good for a deaf girl!"
    This isn't the crazy prediction thread.

Custom Title
    Excuse me, but I would appreciate it if you please don't put offensive words in my mouth. I said she didn't hear the music. I never said she was deaf. That is very offensive.

My best friend is about 80% deaf and is one of the best musicians in my city. She plays the piano, violin, trumpet, french horn, and dozens of other instruments I could only dream of. She can hear music with the best of them, even if she doesn't always hear what I'm saying.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    You could put any music on behind Yulia and she would react the same way.
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Yulia Lipnitskaya can't hear or feel the music either and people seem to love her, but I'd still rather watch Gracie.
    These are clinical descriptions of deaf person, they look like copied straight from laryngologist's notes.
    Quite demeaning and disrespectful things to write about perfectly healthy, aspiring young girl athlete.

And the difference between us is that I have only the most deep and honest respect for your friend and her achievements, in contrast to your contempt and lack of respect towards Yulia.
    More than that, I don't think I've ever witnessed single fan of Yulia on this forum being disrespectful towards any other skater (including Gracie). Sadly it doesn't work the other way around.

Custom Title
    These are clinical descriptions of deaf person, they look like copied straight from laryngologist's notes.
    Quite demeaning and disrespectful things to write about perfectly healthy, aspiring young girl athlete.
    Not at all. They are the description of someone who cannot hear music. Quite a different thing to being deaf.

Newsflash: Yulia is not the best skater in the world, she is not the best skater of all time. And I've no idea where you decide that Yuliatrons are all saints, because they are certainly not.

Banned
    Well, she is ranked the #1 skater in the world.

Well not really. Mao didnt retire so officially she is #2. Still a lofty achievement though she is however the #1 seed on GP series.

Custom Title
    Of the ones most likely to compete next year, Julia is the best of them - at this point. Mainly due to being arguably the most likely to give a good performance (although Radionova might give her a run in the consistency department), and having nice spins and pretty good artistry (though not the best of the field, IMO).

But is she the best skater in the world right now? Heck no. Kim and Asada have her easily beat in that department. Kostner too, if she skates to her potential, like in Sochi.

One thing I noticed over the "summer" ice shows she did was that she slowed down a lot and held things out much better. Maybe she was just a tired 15 yr old after a grueling season but to me it seemed like her jumps look a lot better. I hope Yagudin was teaching her some jump techniques or something because she seemed to gain strength in that department. If nothing else she is showing more control. Here is a video from her Moscow performance. See for yourself if you like The jumps by the piano made me nervous.

http://youtu.be/1pzKMX48JU0

Banned
    Even more comical when they are coming from a renowned Sotnikova fanatic of all people. Compared to Adelina, Julia looks like Kwan in musicality and interpretation.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast