Prediction for your favorite skaters next season | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Prediction for your favorite skaters next season

Amei

Record Breaker
Julia has the best momentum out of all Russian girls at the moment. I expect her to keep up with it. Very bright season awaiting for her, I am sure. :yay:

I hope Anna and Liza will have stronger programs this seasons. Not so optimistic about Anna and Liza, though, since Anna might not be paid enough attention from the Fed and Liza is still recovering. :slink:

As for Sonitkova, I hope Tarasova will not give her any thing like Christina program ever again. And her costumes except for the Olympics! Oh my god! almost killed me.

I like Radionova very much, but she is still junior-ish. Maybe next season for her?

I fear that if Liza doesn't have strong year (which stinks since she is recovering from a late season injury) will get left behind with all of the good skaters that Russia has right now with Anna, Julia, Elena and Adelina and the good ones coming up (too many to name) that she'll get left behind to the B competitions.

Agree on Sonitkova, her costumes outside of the Olympics were ugly and distasteful. One thing that I like about Lipnitskaia is that her 'packaging' is age-appropriate, but that probably comes from (at least what I heard in a performance) that she and her mother help design her costumes.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Her spins aren't totally awful, I mean if we weren't in the era we are right now, where skaters (Yulia/Elena) are coming to seniors with amazing spins and extension, it wouldn't be as bad, but considering she is supposed to be included in that group, Anna needs to do some work on that to compete once some of the current Russian Juniors are age eligible for senior international competitions.

:unsure:

She's traveling all over the ice, hunched over in a rather unattractive position, and looks like she can't grab her leg or extend it any further in fear of pulling a muscle. She satisfies the spin criteria at the bare minimum. I thought my eyes were deceiving me at first because her LP was awesome up till the spins. I was afraid she would fall over at some points.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I predict Max will choreograph a boards-crash to show off how awesome he is (and to stick it to the judges). :yes:

:yes: Maybe it will be a bad-boy number and the boards-crash will be part of Max being a dangerous bad boy. :yes:

He's got the triple axel back already, so... :slink:

If we had an emoticon for hiding under the table, that would be the one I would use right now.

gotoschool

Medalist
Can I hope for Dai and Mao to become a couple? :love:
Nah, as long as they find happiness on their own, it's fine. Still...[/rm]er

Meoima, I read on fsuniverse that you were looking for an hd copy of Mao's Sochi freeskate. Here is a site that was listed on another thread at goldenskate called something like Sochi videos. Sorry, I can't remember the poster's name. It's the best I've found, though it is in German:

http://vimeo.com/87275728

Meoima

Match Penalty
Meoima, I read on fsuniverse that you were looking for an hd copy of Mao's Sochi freeskate. Here is a site that was listed on another thread at goldenskate called something like Sochi videos. Sorry, I can't remember the poster's name. It's the best I've found, though it is in German:
http://vimeo.com/87275728
Oh Thank you very much. Such a powerful performance :bow: Since I have used up all my HDD for men event at Worlds so I have not much room for the whole ladies event package. Mao's FS at Sochi, along with Yulia's FS at team event, will be the only two I will keep in my computer for the ladies dicipline. :yay:

I wonder what the German commentator was saying in the clip. :scratch:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
:yes: Maybe it will be a bad-boy number and the boards-crash will be part of Max being a dangerous bad boy. :yes:
Oh no... Will Max be the one who brings screamo to figure skating now the lyrics rule is eliminated? Now I need a hiding-under-the-table emoticon... (I support a bad-boy number, just please no screamo, for his marks as well as my ears).

If we had an emoticon for hiding under the table, that would be the one I would use right now.
False alarm, surprisingly enough. He confirmed on Together on Ice that he won't be returning next season.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh no... Will Max be the one who brings screamo to figure skating now the lyrics rule is eliminated? Now I need a hiding-under-the-table emoticon... (I support a bad-boy number, just please no screamo, for his marks as well as my ears).

I predict Serafima may in fact be the first skater to bring screamo type music to the otherwise quite world of FS. I present the following evidence.....

Body Mutilation

http://cs607824.vk.me/v607824809/3103/7UKsrTZKqK4.jpg

Air guitars on ice?

http://cs617318.vk.me/v617318809/41a5/NXI1rDkKNP4.jpg

Backstage at JWC. Is she corrupting Evgenia now too?

http://cs617318.vk.me/v617318809/4079/DNH5RBdFK1M.jpg

Is it too late to stop the first figure queen of metal? Someone quick....we need a hide under the table emoticon :rock: :rock:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I wonder what the German commentator was saying in the clip. :scratch:

He said that it was a wonderful performance after the big disappointment in the short program. Then that she would surely move up from the 11th place but that would not be enough to get to the podium. And then he said that she let the tears free as a manifest of her satisfaction to what she did in the FS including 3A which no one else in the world is capable of.

As my side impression - the crowd was quite supportive - this "infamous Sochi crowd".