Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Prediction for your favorite skaters next season

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by loiza View Post
    Yulia is still young and will likely improve in the category Art, she just needs time.
    If you watch some of her summer performances that she did after the Olympics and Worlds, she was more 'artsy' - her movements had good flow, like her jumps she seemed to flow more out of them better.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    As much as I love Julia, I have to admit her jumps are pretty small. Her artistry has been covered a lot by the choreography and her flexibility. It's a good strategy. But still she has to develop and level-up herself at some point. So it's really interesting to see her next season. Since she will be the no 1 GP seed. I hope she will improve her jumps.

Frankly, I think Anna Pogo looks more mature than Julia, and more elegant than Sonitkova. Let's not forget Anna Pogo beat Sonitkova outside of Russian before. I hope good things will happen to this girl next season.

Sonitkova is still a mystery to me, though. Can she repeat what she did at Sochi?

Out of all these girls, I think Julia has the best momentum, nevertheless.
    I agree that Anna P. has a more elegant skating style than Sotnikova (I won't call her skating elegant yet, bc its still quite unrefined), BUT HOLY HECK her spins are SO BAD!! Why hasn't anyone else commented on this? She has the worst spins, extensions and spirals of any senior lady I've seen. Heck, I think junior girls spin better than she does. I'm taken aback by their shoddy quality, and even more so given she's Russian. She's needs to work on fixing up her spins and extensions ASAP if she wants to be a serious threat for the top of the podium moving forwards.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lilahozi View Post
    I agree that Anna P. has a more elegant skating style than Sotnikova (I won't call her skating elegant yet, bc its still quite unrefined), BUT HOLY HECK her spins are SO BAD!! Why hasn't anyone else commented on this? She has the worst spins, extensions and spirals of any senior lady I've seen. Heck, I think junior girls spin better than she does. I'm taken aback by their shoddy quality, and even more so given she's Russian. She's needs to work on fixing up her spins and extensions ASAP if she wants to be a serious threat for the top of the podium moving forwards.
    Granted I've not seen her perform much (thank you, awful U.S. coverage) but her World's performance did have bad spins, and I think that's highlighted because most of the young Russian skaters have good flexibility/spins.

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amei View Post
    Granted I've not seen her perform much (thank you, awful U.S. coverage) but her World's performance did have bad spins, and I think that's highlighted because most of the young Russian skaters have good flexibility/spins.
    But spins have less points if you compare it to the jumps, don't they? Some skaters have better jumps than spins. I think spins can be improve better than jumps in shorter time.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Her Worlds

GPF and Russian Nationals Left an awful taste in my mouth. Sorry.

Custom Title
    But spins have less points if you compare it to the jumps, don't they? Some skaters have better jumps than spins. I think spins can be improve better than jumps in shorter time.
    Yes, but if she's trying to make it out of the deep Russian field (much less contend for the podium), she needs to fight for all the points she can. Anna's Russian peers have equally good, if not better, jumps than she does, and all of them have better spins and extensions. She's already at a disadvantage.

I'm perplexed at how she's skated for so many years and managed to get to the senior level without anyone correcting her spins beforehand. Her spins aren't average, they're really sub-par for a senior-level skater.

Yes, but if she's trying to make it out of the deep Russian field (much less contend for the podium), she needs to fight for all the points she can. Anna's Russian peers have equally good, if not better, jumps than she does, and all of them have better spins and extensions. She's already working to overcome a disadvantage.
    Aside from Sonitkova and Liza, I don't see any Russian girls with better jumps than Anna. Liza is still recovering and who knows if she can make a strong come back. Liza's spins are not impressive either.
    Sonitkova is not yet consistent, and who knows if she can perform better than she did at Sochi again?
    Radioniva is in fact, still juniorish, and she hasn't developed fuller yet. And I am not sure if Yulia's jumps can get much bigger.

Custom Title
    I'm perplexed at how she's skated for so many years and managed to get to the senior level without anyone correcting her spins beforehand.
    Her spins aren't totally awful, I mean if we weren't in the era we are right now, where skaters (Yulia/Elena) are coming to seniors with amazing spins and extension, it wouldn't be as bad, but considering she is supposed to be included in that group, Anna needs to do some work on that to compete once some of the current Russian Juniors are age eligible for senior international competitions.

Custom Title
    Aside from Sonitkova and Liza, I don't see any Russian girls with better jumps than Anna. Liza is still recovering and who knows if she can make a strong come back. Liza's spins are not impressive either.
    Sonitkova is not yet consistent, and who knows if she can perform better than she did at Sochi again?
    Radioniva is in fact, still juniorish, and she hasn't developed fuller yet. And I am not sure if Yulia's jumps can get much bigger.
    1 thing that Yulia has over Anna is transitions, she may not get the best height on her jumps, but she is good at transitioning out of her jumps.

1 thing that Yulia has over Anna is transitions, she may not get the best height on her jumps, but she is good at transitioning out of her jumps.
    Julia has the best momentum out of all Russian girls at the moment. I expect her to keep up with it. Very bright season awaiting for her, I am sure.

I hope Anna and Liza will have stronger programs this seasons. Not so optimistic about Anna and Liza, though, since Anna might not be paid enough attention from the Fed and Liza is still recovering.

As for Sonitkova, I hope Tarasova will not give her any thing like Christina program ever again. And her costumes except for the Olympics! Oh my god! almost killed me.

I like Radionova very much, but she is still junior-ish. Maybe next season for her?

Custom Title
    Julia has the best momentum out of all Russian girls at the moment. I expect her to keep up with it. Very bright season awaiting for her, I am sure.

I hope Anna and Liza will have stronger programs this seasons. Not so optimistic about Anna and Liza, though, since Anna might not be paid enough attention from the Fed and Liza is still recovering.

As for Sonitkova, I hope Tarasova will not give her any thing like Christina program ever again. And her costumes except for the Olympics! Oh my god! almost killed me.

I like Radionova very much, but she is still junior-ish. Maybe next season for her?
    I fear that if Liza doesn't have strong year (which stinks since she is recovering from a late season injury) will get left behind with all of the good skaters that Russia has right now with Anna, Julia, Elena and Adelina and the good ones coming up (too many to name) that she'll get left behind to the B competitions.

Agree on Sonitkova, her costumes outside of the Olympics were ugly and distasteful. One thing that I like about Lipnitskaia is that her 'packaging' is age-appropriate, but that probably comes from (at least what I heard in a performance) that she and her mother help design her costumes.

Custom Title
    Her spins aren't totally awful, I mean if we weren't in the era we are right now, where skaters (Yulia/Elena) are coming to seniors with amazing spins and extension, it wouldn't be as bad, but considering she is supposed to be included in that group, Anna needs to do some work on that to compete once some of the current Russian Juniors are age eligible for senior international competitions.

She's traveling all over the ice, hunched over in a rather unattractive position, and looks like she can't grab her leg or extend it any further in fear of pulling a muscle. She satisfies the spin criteria at the bare minimum. I thought my eyes were deceiving me at first because her LP was awesome up till the spins. I was afraid she would fall over at some points.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    I predict Max will choreograph a boards-crash to show off how awesome he is (and to stick it to the judges).
    Maybe it will be a bad-boy number and the boards-crash will be part of Max being a dangerous bad boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    He's got the triple axel back already, so...
    If we had an emoticon for hiding under the table, that would be the one I would use right now.

Custom Title
    [QUOTE=Meoima;951170]Can I hope for Dai and Mao to become a couple?
    Nah, as long as they find happiness on their own, it's fine. Still...[/rm]er

Meoima, I read on fsuniverse that you were looking for an hd copy of Mao's Sochi freeskate. Here is a site that was listed on another thread at goldenskate called something like Sochi videos. Sorry, I can't remember the poster's name. It's the best I've found, though it is in German:

http://vimeo.com/87275728

Meoima, I read on fsuniverse that you were looking for an hd copy of Mao's Sochi freeskate. Here is a site that was listed on another thread at goldenskate called something like Sochi videos. Sorry, I can't remember the poster's name. It's the best I've found, though it is in German:
    http://vimeo.com/87275728
    Oh Thank you very much. Such a powerful performance Since I have used up all my HDD for men event at Worlds so I have not much room for the whole ladies event package. Mao's FS at Sochi, along with Yulia's FS at team event, will be the only two I will keep in my computer for the ladies dicipline.

I wonder what the German commentator was saying in the clip.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast