Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Prediction for your favorite skaters next season

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    - Osmond will break into the top 6 at Worlds with a hopefully injury-free season; 3F+3T will become a staple jump for her, might even attempt a FS with 7 triples
    its a prediction but doesn't mean fantasies can be included

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Fantasies are not your sole domain.

Banned
    High Likely Predictions
    Name to watch out for next season: Gracie Gold, Yuzuru Hanyu, V/T and S/H

Men*

1 Yuzu will dominate the entire Season
    2 Kovtun will have pressure to replicate his GP in 2013 season and will have a Gachinski moment
    3 Voronov will be the Top Russian skater
    4 Joshua Farris makes a breakout Season and will be the one to beat in Nationals
    5 Yan will trail Yuzuru

Ladies*
    1 Gracie Gold will win all her GP events and wins the GPF, the frontrunner for National title and medals at Worlds
    2 Elena Radionova will have Julia's 2013 Season moment
    3 Julia will podium in all her events but some not Gold
    4 Wagner will not win a GP and will lose to Polina Edmunds
    5 Zijun comes back and medals at a GP
    6 Tuk will continue to struggle with her weight problem and jumps
    7 Anna Pogorilaya will be the new Kiira Korpi and the judges will love her

Pairs*
    1 V/T will continue to do well
    2 S/H will have a breakthrough year and will challenge
    3 S/K will continue to trail V/T
    4 K/S come back better than ever the new sentimental P/T for next quad
    5 MT/M beats D/R in a GP or Worlds

Ice Dance*
    1 C/L will not win a GP gold, will not win Worlds again
    2 W/P will be overmarked despite making huge mistakes
    3 B/S will come back strong and will medal at Worlds
    4 S/K will win a medal in GP in their debut Season
    5 Elena Ilinykh will sit out the 2014 Season without a partner
    6 C/B will not be US No.1 and will not medal at Worlds

Custom Title
    Funny, no one sees Lipnitskaia going through puberty. It's going to happen and is likely to be sooner rather than later.....

Custom Title
    Well, I suppose you had your fair share of fantasies this year, saying Gold will win in Sochi, and saying she would win a World medal.

Pre-Sochi you said she'd get 150+ FS and PCS on par with Kim.

Even after Mao skated her World FS, you STILL believed Gold would win (even though that required 145+ points, and she didn't even clear 125).

Talk about fantasies.

Banned

Talk about fantasies.
    read my predictions list,
    those are more likely than your fanatasies
    about D/R and Osmond

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Funny, no one sees Lipnitskaia going through puberty. It's going to happen and is likely to be sooner rather than later.....
    I mentioned this in another thread but her body already changed alot from March 2012 to September 2013. It hasnt really changed at all since which indicates she is either done puberty or through most of it. It is also obvious by her bone structure she is never going to be big or busty girl. She will have a figure similar to the one she is compared most to- Cohen.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    I mentioned this in another thread but her body already changed alot from March 2012 to September 2013. It hasnt really changed at all since which indicates she is either done puberty or through most of it. It is also obvious by her bone structure she is never going to be big or busty girl. She will have a figure similar to the one she is compared most to- Cohen.
    I agree with this, her body watching her grand mother and mother she will stay small
    Julia is on a strict diet so she will have Sasha Cohen lifestyle/body throughout her skating Career

Custom Title
    read my predictions list,
    those are more likely than your fanatasies
    about D/R and Osmond
    I don't see how the current World bronze medalists winning at least one GP is so far-fetched (although you're predicting the current ice dance World Champions won't win a GP, and predicting the ladies' 5th place at Worlds will win both her GPs, so we all know where your head's at ). And as for Osmond, I said if she goes injury free and has the 3F+3T on point, she could crack the top 6 at Worlds, which is hardly far fetched either.

And as for your predictions list and fantasies:

- Gold winning all her GP events and the GPF over Lipnitskaia and the other Russians?
    - Joshua Farris being "the one to beat" at Nationals, over Brown or Aaron?
    - C/L not winning any GP event, even as the current World Champions?
    - C/B not being the US #1 team, who then... the Shibs?
    - also, some of your predictions are ridiculously obvious... S/K will continue to trail V/T, Han Yan will trail Yuzuru... well, duh!

Banned
    I don't see how the current World bronze medalists winning at least one GP is so far-fetched (although you're predicting the current ice dance World Champions won't win a GP, and predicting the ladies' 5th place at Worlds will win both her GPs, so we all know where your head's at ). And as for Osmond, I said if she goes injury free and has the 3F+3T on point, she could crack the top 6 at Worlds, which is hardly far fetched either.
    D/R wot be anywhere near the podium if S/K, S/H, P/Z even MT/M are clean
    Osmond has 3FT-3T she cant even get a consistent 3-3 only a 3-2 and she will lose to Daleman anyways who has better jump arsenals
    she will be facing Gracie, Julia, Elena etc just to name some, no to mention if Mao comes back there, Pogorilaya has 3LZ-3T and Zijun has 7 Triple FS
    Osmond a Top 10 placer at best, the fantasies are a for bedtime jokes only

Tripping on the Podium
    -Elena Radianova will be the one to watch.
    -Lipnitskaya and Gold to have good results next season, both on podium 1-2 GPF, Worlds and win their nationals (Yulia to win Europeans as well).
    -I predict a good year for Adelina too, probably successful but not gold If Yulia is healthy.
    -Hanyu to dominate everything.
    - Wagner still around, competing here and there but not podium, same to Polina.
    - I don't think Mao is going to retire, just a break.
    - Jason Brown to be successful and be a contender for a World medal
    - I don't predict any big gold for Fernandez as much as I want to, but bunch of silver medals.

- Michael Phelps to unretire and win some medals this season... (just kidding ).

In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar

Banned
    While I dont think C&L will not win a grand prix event, it isnt impossible or an implausible prediction either. Lets say they face Bobrova & Soloviev at the Rostelecom Cup, that is a probable loss. Now that B&S are not a seed (after missing worlds) it will be very interesting to see which top seed the RSF select to face B&S (now Russian #1 again) at their home grand prix. If they face Chock & Bates at Skate America (again with biased judging) and have a stumble they could also lose. A team like Davis & White might also surprise and make a return and do the grand prix, and could end up with any assignments as they took wouldnt be seeded. I love C&L but they arent exactly your typical world champions. I hope they do well, but they dont exactly strike fear in the hearts of others at this moment.

Predicting Gold to win 2 grand prix events is no bolder than saying Wagner could easily still win grand prixes. The former is atleast as likely as the latter, considering of the two Gold is the bigger threat with more potential moving forward of the two.

The Shibutanis passing Chock & Bates could happen, even if I sadly dont think it will. They are a far more talented team with better technique though. If they can just find the right packaging and style (although who knows why that is even needed when C&B are so zzzzz themselves, but they have Igor) they should in fact be able to pass them back, if the politics and momentum isnt too heavy in favor of C&B by now. I very much hope skyfall is correct on that prediction. It is stupid to write the Shiutanis off already though when they are only 19 and 22 years old, and have beaten every team that is left in world competition (which cant be said of C&B).

Predicting Han Yan to trail Hanyu would likely mean just being right behind him (aka coming 2nd or 3rd at worlds, grand prix final, and other major events), and that is a somewhat bold prediction.

Custom Title
    D/R wot be anywhere near the podium if S/K, S/H, P/Z even MT/M are clean
    Osmond has 3FT-3T she cant even get a consistent 3-3 only a 3-2 and she will lose to Daleman anyways who has better jump arsenals
    she will be facing Gracie, Julia, Elena etc just to name some, no to mention if Mao comes back there, Pogorilaya has 3LZ-3T and Zijun has 7 Triple FS
    Osmond a Top 10 placer at best, the fantasies are a for bedtime jokes only
    Yeah, and where did Li end up with respect to Osmond at Worlds, with her 7-triple FS?

Also, my prediction was that MT/M will push D/R, and that both will win one GP event... I never said that D/R are assured the podium at Worlds. Not to mention, D/R were ahead of S/K, S/H, P/Z, MT/M in the SP at Worlds after all those teams skated clean. They were 5 points above S/H and P/Z, and 8 points above MT/M after the SP. Had they landed their 3S+2T combo in the FS, they would have beat S/K.

Your anti-Canadian sentiments are severely clouding your judgment (well, whatever judgment you might actually possess, given your fantasy predictions about Gold at Sochi/Worlds).

Custom Title
    While I dont think C&L will not win a grand prix event, it isnt impossible or an implausible prediction either. Lets say they face Bobrova & Soloviev at the Rostelecom Cup, that is a probable loss. Now that B&S are not a seed (after missing worlds) it will be very interesting to see which top seed the RSF select to face B&S (now Russian #1 again) at their home grand prix. If they face Chock & Bates at Skate America (again with biased judging) and have a stumble they could also lose. A team like Davis & White might also surprise and make a return and do the grand prix, and could end up with any assignments as they took wouldnt be seeded. I love C&L but they arent exactly your typical world champions. I hope they do well, but they dont exactly strike fear in the hearts of others at this moment.

Predicting Gold to win 2 grand prix events is no bolder than saying Wagner could easily still win grand prixes. The former is atleast as likely as the latter, considering of the two Gold is the bigger threat with more potential moving forward of the two.

The Shibutanis passing Chock & Bates could happen, even if I sadly dont think it will. They are a far more talented team with better technique though. If they can just find the right packaging and style (although who knows why that is even needed when C&B are so zzzzz themselves, but they have Igor) they should in fact be able to pass them back, if the politics and momentum isnt too heavy in favor of C&B by now. I very much hope skyfall is correct on that prediction. It is stupid to right the Shiutanis off already though when they are only 19 and 22 years old, and have beaten every team that is left in world competition (which cant be said of C&B).

Predicting Han Yan to trail Hanyu would likely mean just being right behind him (aka coming 2nd or 3rd at worlds, grand prix final, and other major events), and that is a somewhat bold prediction.
    Awwww... so chivalrous, defending sky_fly. I don't think anyone is saying Wagner could easily win grand prix events. But the likelihood of that, IMO, is greater than the likelihood of Gold winning all her GP events and the GPF, unless she magically transforms during the summer (although, similarly, Wagner could also do the same this summer, like how she unexpectedly brought back the 3-3 last season and was actually landing it on the GP).

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast