Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Prediction for your favorite skaters next season

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Yeah, at least when Ashley lost Skate America last season, it was because Asada was there. I would bet the USFS is desperate to ensure Gold has a GP win, essentially guaranteeing her a spot in the GPF. She'll be pitted against skaters with low PCS, or inconsistency.

If they invite a Russian it'll probably be Tuktamysheva again. It would probably be a mistake for them to invite Radionova/Lipnitskaia/Sotnikova/Pogorilaya if they want to ensure Gracie wins, and hold off on Gold competing against them as long as possible. Funny enough, it could backfire if Liza somehow turns around her skating over the summer and Gold remains inconsistent.

I bet Skate America looks something like: Gold, Cesario, Keiser, Meite, Marchei, Tuktamysheva, Helgesson (Viktoria), Miyahara, Daleman, Weinzeirl.
    sure
    like Canada will invite all the B lists to make sure Osmond wins again and make sure her joke 2012 Skate Canada win wasn't a fluke
    they probably wont invite Daleman there, only Hicks, Imai, Helegsson sisters

Custom Title
    I think Gracie Gold and Ashley Taylor will have a huge rivalry. Mirai's comeback will fall flat and POlina E will be the third US lady. Johnny Weir will get into huge mudslinging with his estranged husband Voronov. There will be all sorts of scadalous allegations. Savchenko's new partnership will get off to a rocky if not improbable start. Julia L will have growth issues. LIza will get passed by Adelina, Elena R and maybe a resurgent Leonova or another young Russian lady or staved off by Julia. C and L will battle W and P and B and S while Russia's no. 2 and 3 teams will be a mess with the split of I and K and the no. 3 Russian team. Chan and Davis and WHite will not return. Abbott may go for one more season now that there are three US spots Fernandez will have a breakthrough consistent year; Hanyu will be Hanyu - may not really develop but still enough to be on top.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    sure
    like Canada will invite all the B lists to make sure Osmond wins again and make sure her joke 2012 Skate Canada win wasn't a fluke
    As if Skate America isn't going to do the same to ensure Gold doesn't win. You probably won't even get a Russian invited there, certainly not Lipnitskaia/Pogorilaya/Radionova, who would beat Gold given her inconsistency.

Banned
    As if Skate America isn't going to do the same to ensure Gold doesn't win. You probably won't even get a Russian invited there, certainly not Lipnitskaia/Pogorilaya/Radionova, who would beat Gold given her inconsistency.
    sorry No,
    Gracie doesn't do 3-2 and fall in the FS twice and only score in 170+ range like Osmond

Custom Title
    Just felt the need to put that up there, if you're going to try to bash me when it comes to predictions.

Oooh, perhaps you might do better predicting next season and get TWO out of 6 correct instead of 1 out of 6!!
    Dayum, someone just got owned.

Banned
    Just felt the need to put that up there, if you're going to try to bash me when it comes to predictions.

Oooh, perhaps you might do better predicting next season and get TWO out of 6 correct instead of 1 out of 6!!
    Well lets see:

1. Chan's luck did run out, his 5 fall margin evaporated in a huge way to the point he couldnt even beat a clean Hanyu anymore, let alone with a fall margin, and he didnt win in Sochi which most were calling him to cruise to (including you of course). I was easily more right than wrong on that one, and sure as hell more right than you who crowed the judging of the 2013 worlds showed he still had a huge mistake margin over the rest, that would continue into 2014 and more dominance for Chan, blah blah....

2. Yes I was overoptimistic on Weaver & Poje, and thinking with my heart more than my head on that one, and ignoring the Russian home bias factor. I had an epic fail there (basically on pair with you and everything you predict/post for once, it was nice to share your daily dose of epic shame for a split moment, just so I can symphathize).

3. Volosozhar & Trankov did dominate. Losing 1 event all season, and winning the Olympics by an almost 20 points margin. Again I was more right than wrong.

4. Kim clearly did win her 2nd OGM easily on the ice. It is laughable to call me wrong on this based on perhaps the most corrupt judging fixed outcome in history but grasp your straws if you must.

5. Oh well, atleast I now recognize Wagner is a lost cause amongst the world very elite probably a year later than I should have, while you still havent gotten it.

6. Well you were talking up her chances to make the Olympic team right up until Nationals, so while it wasnt a genius call it was still better than you.

Contrast that to my list of YOUR absurd predictions and I will take mine anyday thanks so post that all you want, I just laugh at it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lilahozi View Post
    Dayum, someone just got owned.
    No sorry, being owned is what is happening to CSG in the Plushenko vs Kovtun thread. It doesnt deter him from making his 200+ post there though, even as he sinks deeper in a pile of sewage.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    sure
    This is supposed to be a positive thread where you can only talk about your favorite skaters.

Custom Title
    Let's see how consistent Radionova will be when she's not built like a 10 year old.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    No sorry, being owned is what is happening to CSG in the Plushenko vs Kovtun thread. It doesnt deter him from making his 200+ post there though, even as he sinks deeper in a pile of sewage.

Custom Title
    More predictions:

- People actually learn how to spell and say FARRIS correctly. (Anyone would think he has one of the tongue-breaking Russian surnames with the number of mis-spellings and mis-pronunciations!)

- He stops being invisible to people making fan-cams, so we actually see him at things like SOI...

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    I predict Yulia avenges all the various spellings of her name by going by her middle name next year. Vyacheslavovna Lipnitskaya. Good luck rink announcers and GS faithful

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    I predict Yulia avenges all the various spellings of her name by going by her middle name next year. Vyacheslavovna Lipnitskaya. Good luck rink announcers and GS faithful
    Just to let you know, that is not really a middle name in Russia, it is like father's name. So we use either Julia Lipnitskaia or Julia Vyacheslavovna( this variant is, for example, how we name teachers at school.) But it is never used Vyacheslavovna Lipnitskaia

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MsLiinaLii View Post
    Just to let you know, that is not really a middle name in Russia, it is like father's name. So we use either Julia Lipnitskaia or Julia Vyacheslavovna( this variant is, for example, how we name teachers at school.) But it is never used Vyacheslavovna Lipnitskaia
    Learn something new everyday here. I can think of a few reasons why that name won't fly. Thx for the info

Custom Title
    I don't really have a favorite skater at the moment, but I look forward to Machida's ascension.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast