I think Gracie Gold and Ashley Taylor will have a huge rivalry. Mirai's comeback will fall flat and POlina E will be the third US lady. Johnny Weir will get into huge mudslinging with his estranged husband Voronov. There will be all sorts of scadalous allegations. Savchenko's new partnership will get off to a rocky if not improbable start. Julia L will have growth issues. LIza will get passed by Adelina, Elena R and maybe a resurgent Leonova or another young Russian lady or staved off by Julia. C and L will battle W and P and B and S while Russia's no. 2 and 3 teams will be a mess with the split of I and K and the no. 3 Russian team. Chan and Davis and WHite will not return. Abbott may go for one more season now that there are three US spots Fernandez will have a breakthrough consistent year; Hanyu will be Hanyu - may not really develop but still enough to be on top.
1. Chan's luck did run out, his 5 fall margin evaporated in a huge way to the point he couldnt even beat a clean Hanyu anymore, let alone with a fall margin, and he didnt win in Sochi which most were calling him to cruise to (including you of course). I was easily more right than wrong on that one, and sure as hell more right than you who crowed the judging of the 2013 worlds showed he still had a huge mistake margin over the rest, that would continue into 2014 and more dominance for Chan, blah blah....
2. Yes I was overoptimistic on Weaver & Poje, and thinking with my heart more than my head on that one, and ignoring the Russian home bias factor. I had an epic fail there (basically on pair with you and everything you predict/post for once, it was nice to share your daily dose of epic shame for a split moment, just so I can symphathize).
3. Volosozhar & Trankov did dominate. Losing 1 event all season, and winning the Olympics by an almost 20 points margin. Again I was more right than wrong.
4. Kim clearly did win her 2nd OGM easily on the ice. It is laughable to call me wrong on this based on perhaps the most corrupt judging fixed outcome in history but grasp your straws if you must.
5. Oh well, atleast I now recognize Wagner is a lost cause amongst the world very elite probably a year later than I should have, while you still havent gotten it.
6. Well you were talking up her chances to make the Olympic team right up until Nationals, so while it wasnt a genius call it was still better than you.
Contrast that to my list of YOUR absurd predictions and I will take mine anyday thanks so post that all you want, I just laugh at it.
- People actually learn how to spell and say FARRIS correctly. (Anyone would think he has one of the tongue-breaking Russian surnames with the number of mis-spellings and mis-pronunciations!)
- He stops being invisible to people making fan-cams, so we actually see him at things like SOI...
I predict Yulia avenges all the various spellings of her name by going by her middle name next year. Vyacheslavovna Lipnitskaya. Good luck rink announcers and GS faithful
I don't really have a favorite skater at the moment, but I look forward to Machida's ascension.