Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Prediction for your favorite skaters next season

Banned
    I'll predict Russian girls sweep the podium at European and Worlds.

In somewhat of a shocker Proklova wins at least silver at Russian nationals.

Yulia wins 3 golds. Radionova and Pogorilya win 2 golds.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Ice Dance
    - W/P will win their first GP event, and place 2nd at both Worlds and the GPF; I'm still not absolutely certain they will win either or both of them (especially since we haven't seen what the other teams have come up with, let alone which teams are competing for certain), although the momentum surely is in their favour
    I'm also hoping that G&P can medal at their GP events and maybe qualify for the GPF. Based on this year's Worlds results, they have the opportunity to be Top 6 next year. They finished 8th overall and 7th in the FD, so with P&B retiring and the Russian teams going through partner changes, the opportunity is there.

-Yuzuru will win almost anything. (unless Patrick comes back, but I don't think he'll come to any competitions this season)
    -Denis will win the silver medal at the worlds, with another amazing FS (I would like Yuzu to win the world title at least three years from now on, but in the same time I really want a gold medal for Denis)
    -A bronze medal for Nam in the GP events.
    -Not a prediction, but I want Javi to have two perfect programs at the GPF in Spain.
    -V/T world champions again + they'll beat their own FS score (not a big fan of their FS this season)
    -S/K win again the silver at the worlds, maybe a gold medal at the europeans if V/T have major mistakes.
    (Even though I like Anna, Elena, Gracie, C/L, I can't say I have any favorite skaters for ice dance and ladies, but my prediction and hope is that next season some skaters will win me as a fan)

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by MsLiinaLii View Post
    Just to let you know, that is not really a middle name in Russia, it is like father's name. So we use either Julia Lipnitskaia or Julia Vyacheslavovna( this variant is, for example, how we name teachers at school.) But it is never used Vyacheslavovna Lipnitskaia
    I love trying to guess dad names hahaha. I guess its Vyacheslav Lipnitskiy, now that is name that would trouble a lot of tongues.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    I mentioned this in another thread but her body already changed alot from March 2012 to September 2013. It hasnt really changed at all since which indicates she is either done puberty or through most of it. It is also obvious by her bone structure she is never going to be big or busty girl. She will have a figure similar to the one she is compared most to- Cohen.
    Her body changed at that time because she had had an injury and was off the ice; she was also off her strict diet and gained weight as a result. Ilya Averbuch has said that Julia has to maintain a very strict diet to keep her weight down. He said he didn't know if Julia's skating would be able to handle the body changes that come with puberty. Part of the reason why she hasn't exhibited the usual body changes that go with puberty is because of that very, very strict diet she is on. Staying very, very thin plus lots of exercise can delay puberty, even for years. But eventually, Julia's body will change. She may not develop a large bust, but she will have hips and a changed center of gravity.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by volk View Post
    This is supposed to be a positive thread where you can only talk about your favorite skaters.
    Sure but some people are positive about skaters they hate - lol :(

Custom Title
    All my faves are retiring or already retired, so that leaves slim pickings for me. But here goes from amongst the new ones:

- Yuzu does battle with Javi and Tatsuki all season long, trading places, but Yan Han becomes world champion on home soil, stunning everyone
    - Russian ladies sweep the Euro podium, Yulia wins every competition she enters and becomes world champion
    - V/T sweep the season in pairs
    - W/P "avenge" their 0.02 loss at worlds by beating C/L by 0.01 ... then they go into an exact tie in 2016, no tiebreaker is invoked, and they both become world champions. Heh.

a cat watching figure skating alebi's Avatar
    if we're only talking about our favourite, then...

Hanyu will improve in style and get a stable 4S
    Lipnitskaia will fight for any important podium and get random wins during GP season
    Brown, Rippon and Farris get the three US spots for worlds
    Fernandez'll win Euro
    Weaver/Poje will win Worlds and Cappellini/Lanotte will podium again
    Papadakis/Cizeron will be n°1 French dance team
    Machida will be stable n°2 Japanese skater

Custom Title
    I bet Skate America looks something like: Gold, Cesario, Keiser, Meite, Marchei, Tuktamysheva, Helgesson (Viktoria), Miyahara, Daleman, Weinzeirl.
    Did not Viktoria Helgesson retire?

Banned
    There should be a petition to bring Yulia to Skate America.

I bet Skate America looks something like: Gold, Cesario, Keiser, Meite, Marchei, Tuktamysheva, Helgesson (Viktoria), Miyahara, Daleman, Weinzeirl.
    Marchei won't probably compete next year (she will probably announce retirement soon, since she's 27 and her lifetime goal was going to the Olympics, even if she could stay around a couple of seasons more now that she'll be Italy #1 for sure), but... Keiser?!

Custom Title
    Since US Nats is always my favorite competition of the year, I'm going tto go out on a limb and predict based on gut feeling.

Ladies- 1. Polina 2. Gracie 3. Ashley 4. Samantha Cesario
    Men's- 1. Jason 2. Adam 3. Josh 4. Jeremy
    Pairs- 1. Castelli & Shnapir 2. Zhang & Batholomay 3. Kayne & O'Shea 4. Scimeca & Knierim
    Dance- 1. Chock & Bates 2. Hawayek & Baker 3. Shibs 4. Hubbell & Donohue

Tripping on the Podium
    Men:
    - Hanyu will dominate, and in the style of Chan can afford mistakes and still win, however he will be pushed by Machida and Fernandez
    Is it a curse? And please confirm this for me, is Yuzuru even your favorite skater?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by littlexflower View Post
    Is it a curse? And please confirm this for me, is Yuzuru even your favorite skater?
    He's currently my favourite active skater, yes.

I don't think it's a curse. These guys are going for the highest difficulty under a demanding system. Errors are inevitable, and when you get errors then it comes down to who is the best overall skater (which is how Chan was able to win so many times, given his superior all-around skating). Now that Hanyu is doing the highest difficulty and Chan is out of the picture, and is continuing to strive for the highest difficulty, he'll be the one to beat, but I anticipate that he might not be squeaky clean (or even close to it) every time out. I'm glad he is trying to improve even though he could compete with two 4T's and two 3A's and that would probably be enough for any victory.

tripping on the toe pick
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Marchei won't probably compete next year (she will probably announce retirement soon
    I think she already did. Can't remember where I read about it, though, so don't trust me 100% on this.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast