Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Prediction for your favorite skaters next season

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodium View Post
    Inviting Julia to Skate America is profitable for organizers. Gracie vs Julia would be a great battle.
    With Asada not doing the GP, Julia is the #1 seed and she will pick the two events she wants. USFS is not in the drivers seat on that one. Anyway, Julia skated against Gracie last year at Skate Canada. Julia won, Suzuki was 2nd and Gracie (pre-Carroll) was 3rd.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Or she [Julia Lipnitskaia] just might keep the heavy diet right through puberty. That is what Sasha did and her body barely changed at all.
    Sasha didn't begin to compete internationally until she was 16; she wasn't successful in her first season on the GP, and didn't win her first GP medal until she was 17. She had her own struggles as a young skater, failing to medal at JW. She no doubt went through her own battle with the puberty bug, even small as she was. Sasha was flatchested, but she did have normal female hips (which Julia does not have as yet).

BTW, Sasha wasn't a particularly heavy dieter. She enjoyed food and loved to cook.

Also note that Julia is quite a bit taller than Sasha was at the same age. Sasha wasn't quite 5' tall in her early years (15-16), while Julia is already 5'2". So the comparison to Sasha doesn't quite fit.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodium View Post
    Inviting Julia to Skate America is profitable for organizers. Gracie vs Julia would be a great battle.
    As for me, Gracie vs Elena Radionova may be even more interesting.

But ... Popularity of Julia makes her more profitable.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    They have to invite a top 3 seed
    Probably, top 3 seeds will be Julia, Anna and Gracie. USA prefers Gracie (reigning US Champion), so no Julia or Anna at Skate America.

In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    I know there's no official retirement announcement from Mao, does anyone want to hazard a guess on what she'll do about the Grand Prix? She'd be a good one to invite to SA.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by desertskates View Post
    I know there's no official retirement announcement from Mao, does anyone want to hazard a guess on what she'll so about the Grand Prix? She'd be a good one to invite to SA.
    Even if she's not retiring, I doubt she'll do this year's GP. And I doubt USFS would want her at SA when they're trying to ensure Gracie a spot in the final. With Ashley and in the context of this past Olympic season, it was a bit different.

Custom Title
    I think Julia Lip and Elena Rad will be the top ladies skaters next season. Others who will fight for the podium will be Gracie, Anna Pogo and Ashley.

Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    After US nats, I was convinced that a rivalry would develop between Julia and Polina Edmunds. Now not so sure, but still have very high hopes for Polina.

Custom Title
    Men
    Javier will keep gifting medals. I will hate at least one of his programs.
    Jeremy will retire aftet Nationals.
    Diasuke will retire.

Ladies
    Yuna will be missed.
    Akiko will be missed.
    Elena Radionova will medal everywhere.
    Valentina will win a GP bronze.
    Liza will keep making me

Pairs
    Berton/Hoterek will win silver at Euros.
    Moore-Towers/Moscovitch (if he won't retire) will win Worlds.
    Pang/Tong will be missed.
    Savchenko/Szolkowy will be missed.

Ice Dance
    Pechalat/Bourzat will be missed.
    Hurtado/Diaz will be top5 at Euros and top10 at Worlds.
    Papadakis/Cizeron won't move to Detroit. Their levels issues will stay. Gullaume will keep being favolous!
    Hawayek/Baker won't split up and will be top3 at Nationals.
    Cappellini/Lanotte will win Euros.

I believe that Max Aaron will regain his national championship & so will Gracie Gold. If Davis & White retire then Chock & Bates will be the new US dance champs. Pairs will see a champion change.

Banned
    can we stop making Osmond in any prediction list

well at least she'll have her fixed Skate Canada win

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    can we stop making Osmond in any prediction list

well at least she'll have her fixed Skate Canada win
    No. But you can stop being a total jerk towards her and any other Canadians (oh, wait I forgot, you can't as that would require class and maturity). People are allowed to make predictions as much as they want. You seem to want to keep Zijun in the predictions list after placing 17th at Worlds.

Face it, whether you like it or not, Osmond has a GP win. And an Olympic silver medal. And an international win at Nebelhorn. Certainly more international wins than many other skaters in the field.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Before this gets sidetracked too much I'll go ahead and make my prediction for my favorite skater which is the topic at hand.

Yulia will not match her season but it won't matter because no one else will either. The field is very level now with Mao gone. She will win some gold medals and the judges will remember her success from when competitors like Mao and Caro were still in the field. This will keep her PCS high and keyboards busy here at GS. If she struggles a bit early I can see her regaining that "machine like" focus and getting her FIRST WC gold! Probably no gold at GPF and Euros but most likely podium finishes.

We will see much more artistry from her and hopefully that new spin. She will of course be somber on her character to my delight and the dismay of many here Fortunately there are fans and judges who will embrace it!

TBC- I have no ill will toward Polina and was merely answering a question posed here as fairly as I thought possible.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    No. People are allowed to make predictions as much as they want. You seem to want to keep Zijun out of the predictions list after placing 17th at Worlds.

Face it, Osmond at least has a GP win. And an Olympic silver medal. And an international win at Nebelhorn. Certainly more international wins than other skaters in the field.
    an Olympic Silver she didn't earn just for herself, Nebelhorn is a B list event
    and she placed outside Top at Worlds losing to a more lower ranked teammate

no, its depressing she gets mentioned in out of topic as some sort of miracle skater
    yet her latest season results have been dismal

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    an Olympic Silver she didn't earn just for herself, Nebelhorn is a B list event
    and she placed outside Top at Worlds losing to a more lower ranked teammate
    Yeah, a B-list event where she beat the current Olympic champion.

Uh, she beat her lower ranked teammate overall. Gold also lost to her "lower ranked teammate" Edmunds if you recall, but beat her overall. Not to mention, she bombed to lose a bronze medal that was hers to lose. Osmond was coming back from injury, by comparison. What was Gracie's excuse?

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast