Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm just curious. Where are you from?

Custom Title
    I live in the US

I was only a casual skating fan for most of my life. During my childhood in the 90's skating was everywhere on TV, you couldn't escape it. And skaters were pretty famous..not Beyonce level or anything, but far more than they are today

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Melbourne, Australia.
    But I am not Australian, I am just working here. My country belongs to Southeast Asia region, and there is no rink in my country.
    Where are you from? I come from South-east Asia too, Viet Nam. There no ice rink here and figure skating is not popular. Most people don't know anything about it.

Rinkside
    I'm from Australia. Figure skating isn't popular here at all, but I've got a few friends who are really into single skating

Medalist
    Alaska, usa

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by NQShamrock View Post
    Where are you from? I come from South-east Asia too, Viet Nam. There no ice rink here and figure skating is not popular. Most people don't know anything about it.
    I think Meoima came from Vietnam too. And wait, I'm not sure but there are about 2 indoor ice rinks here (one in Royal City, Hanoi and another in HCMC). During the Olympics there was live broadcast on TV but no figure skating. However, some teenagers became Yuzuru's fangirls after his OGM (because of his look ) and imo that "Yuzuru fever" has gone now

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia1703 View Post
    I think Meoima came from Vietnam too. And wait, I'm not sure but there are about 2 indoor ice rinks here (one in Royal City, Hanoi and another in HCMC). During the Olympics there was live broadcast on TV but no figure skating. However, some teenagers became Yuzuru's fangirls after his OGM (because of his look ) and imo that "Yuzuru fever" has gone now
    No, I am not. Anyways I have moved to Australia for years now. So I don't know if there is any new rink in my country. The last time I checked, they haven't built one yet. But then, I haven't come back to my country for years.

In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    I'm from the desert southwest region of the US. Skating is fairly popular where I live, and a lot of groups of kids go to the rink to escape the summer heat. But like everyone else in the US, I think the television coverage has become horrible in this country. I much prefer to watch it online and chat with the people here.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia1703 View Post
    I forgot about that. I know for sure there's an ice rink in Hanoi and other one in HCM. But I have no chance to go there. These ice rink are used for entertainment.
    Lyndia1703, why do u know about that? I guess you could live in Viet Nam, right?

Rinkside
    Sao Paulo, Brazil. Football (soccer) dominates here, but I could watch the last two winter olympics thanks to cable tv.

Custom Title
    Brazil.

Northeast Region.

Very hot weather.

Figure Skating Popularity = ZERO.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chapis View Post
    Mexico , figure skating is zero popular, not even the winter olympic games are televised, num. 1 is soccer but we are probably the country with least sport culture
    Hola, Tegucigalpa, Honduras.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Naya View Post
    Sao Paulo, Brazil. Football (soccer) dominates here, but I could watch the last two winter olympics thanks to cable tv.
    Great to see another brazilian here!

Custom Title
    Toronto, Canada.

Home of Nam Nguyen, training site of Javier Fernandez and Yuzuru Hanyu, and crack-smoking locale of Rob Ford.

Great to see such diversity on here!

Custom Title
    The Netherlands, after Sochi 2014 also known as the home of speed skating.

*Figure* skating, on the other hand... well, how many Dutch figure skaters did you see in the big competitions this year, like the GPs, Olympics and Worlds?

Exactly.

Custom Title
    United States here, lived most of my life in NYC now living on Long Island.
    Lets Go Mets!

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast