Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin | Page 391 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin

bramweld

Record Breaker
So funny ;-)
Miss Ruslan and Elena.
Hope they are working on the new programs that will bring them success and medals they well deserve.

Me too.

EDIT: What are the chances that the CD at the next olympics is a tango of some sort? I've been watching V/M' Tango Romantica and thinking how fabulous that would look on I/Z. I'm salivating already :gclap:. Or could it be the polka?! :palmf:I think I'm officially in the RusLena withdrawal phase, LOL.:sad21:

Last edited:

chameleon

On the Ice
I am almost certain that the pattern for 2018 will be a tango of some sort, I'm guessing the Argentine tango but I don't know for sure, obviously.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
I am almost certain that the pattern for 2018 will be a tango of some sort, I'm guessing the Argentine tango but I don't know for sure, obviously.
Yes, it very much could be as there has not been any kind of tango compulsory since the introduction of the short dance (since the 2010 Olympics, that is).

Marta25

Medalist
Yes, it very much could be as there has not been any kind of tango compulsory since the introduction of the short dance (since the 2010 Olympics, that is).

The teams could mix the Golden Waltz in 2010/2011 with the Tango aka the Wango :)

It could also be that the SD will be again a Samba or Rumba, since that hasn`t been done since the 2011/2012 season.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
The teams could mix the Golden Waltz in 2010/2011 with the Tango aka the Wango :)
Yes, I know that. I meant that the compulsory sequences themselves have not been tango. In the 2010/2011 season tango was not "compulsory"/obligatory, it was just one of the allowed choices for the second rhythm.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
The teams could mix the Golden Waltz in 2010/2011 with the Tango aka the Wango :) It could also be that the SD will be again a Samba or Rumba, since that hasn`t been done since the 2011/2012 season.

Ruslena could soo rock a Samba, Tango, or Rumba! This is also Najjaro's wheelhouse. Yaaasssss!

sunn1ly

On the Ice
I see no activity here. It is pretty much ups and downs season for every team in the Ice dancing. Hope see our beloved Ruslena stronger than ever next season.

It seems like the current trend in the ice dancing is songs like PC and WP and Shibs free dances. But looking at the Ruslena videos I think that they can be best at what the others are now avoiding, not in slow music and floating dances but dances with much more ardor and more dancy music. Actually what I want from them is to choose music which highlights the best moments of the program.

Posting Ruslena new waltz: ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3CwFKsQ_hk

Marta25

Medalist
I see no activity here. It is pretty much ups and downs season for every team in the Ice dancing. Hope see our beloved Ruslena stronger than ever next season.

It seems like the current trend in the ice dancing is songs like PC and WP and Shibs free dances. But looking at the Ruslena videos I think that they can be best at what the others are now avoiding, not in slow music and floating dances but dances with much more ardor and more dancy music. Actually what I want from them is to choose music which highlights the best moments of the program.

Posting Ruslena new waltz: ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3CwFKsQ_hk

Sigh. Watching this makes me sad that they didn`t show us a more classical waltz.

Btw, I`m still holding out hope for a coaching change announcement.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
I think everyone is waiting for news from them. It will come. Regardless of what it is, I believe in these 2:)

tulosai

Record Breaker
I think everyone is waiting for news from them. It will come. Regardless of what it is, I believe in these 2:)

I believe in them too. I'd actually like to see something passionate from them- a tango or even another paso, or in the alternative just some passionate, big music in general... not the romantic pasty stuff everyone else is doing, I agree about that. I do believe they are a team that can do a lot of different styles and themes though, so whatever they decide I'm sure I'll appreciate it :)

bwayrose7

On the Ice
I believe in them too. I'd actually like to see something passionate from them- a tango or even another paso, or in the alternative just some passionate, big music in general... not the romantic pasty stuff everyone else is doing, I agree about that. I do believe they are a team that can do a lot of different styles and themes though, so whatever they decide I'm sure I'll appreciate it :)

That's what I love best about Ruslena- they don't just do the typical flowy-romantic stuff. Not that it's necessarily bad (I'm head over heels for H/D's SD this season), but I love the fire and storytelling these two bring. Alas, that seems to be one of the things that hurt them with Frida this year, which is a shame, but I'm hoping they can find a balance between their unique aesthetic and what judges will reward. Go Ruslena! :cheer:

uhh

Medalist
I'd like to see them try something whimsical - along the lines of some of P/B's programs or Akiko's O. Maybe using non-Amelie music by Yann Tiersen or something from Cirque du Soleil. It would stand out from what everyone else is doing and also show range for than away from the fire and drama of Carmen and Frida.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Before anyone freaks out I think the article is worded weird at the end. I think they will decide to permanently stay there in 3 months.
Yes, well, I do believe no one believes they were going to retire or split. It's only about coaching.

Idontsk8

On the Ice
This was quite predictable, but I think it's a good move at least to stabilize the tech with Shpilband for some time and at least he has more political pull than Kustarova. :)

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Google translates that rough. Lol
Yes, well, from Elena's interview: they spent all their earlier won money on choreos and other expences during the last two seasons. They applied for sponsorship and got the money. Then they applied to Igor and he said that they will have a different training scheme under him and he will not have that much of time for them only but there is Fabian Bourzat who helped them earlier and the new plan actually works for Russian athletes who were previosuly coached in a different way. The reason of going so early is that Igor's group will have additional hip hop classes and they will join that group too. Apparently hip hop helps a lot to figure skaters.
They will stay there for three months and then decide about coaching- the matter is still on the table, they've informed their current coaches and they still come and train under them. In May they plan to come back to Moscow and make a final decision. Also Elena said that Dance field moves so fast than either they evolve same fast or they might as well think of retiring because they aim high and if they can't reach that- then yes, career is a question of it's purpose. She said that as long as there are people who are willing to sponsor them- they need to take this chance and make the maximum out of it.
With all of my heart I wish them huge luck!

Last edited: