Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin | Page 422 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin

Marta25

Medalist
Has the Russian Fed already stated if the test skates are again open for the public? It was great last year that we had vids so early on :)

alithia

Final Flight
To be honest I don't like it when there are videos that early. It's good for us, yes we are selfish, but sometimes it's not good for the skaters, especially with all the madness , without reason that involves russian ice dancing.I never understood the reason they do open test skates, I could see there was a point before Sochi to boost the sport and the national team, but no other federations do that.
Anyway I'm positive IZ will be doing some senior B so we will see them before the Grand Prix.( fingers crossed)

Marta25

Medalist
To be honest I don't like it when there are videos that early. It's good for us, yes we are selfish, but sometimes it's not good for the skaters, especially with all the madness , without reason that involves russian ice dancing.I never understood the reason they do open test skates, I could see there was a point before Sochi to boost the sport and the national team, but no other federations do that.
Anyway I'm positive IZ will be doing some senior B so we will see them before the Grand Prix.( fingers crossed)

Yeah, I understand what you mean. It`s sometimes hard to ignore the negative comments, especially when they are unjustified. Anyway, I just wish Elena and Ruslan a great off-season and that they may come back stronger than ever. :)

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
To be honest I don't like it when there are videos that early. It's good for us, yes we are selfish, but sometimes it's not good for the skaters, especially with all the madness , without reason that involves russian ice dancing.I never understood the reason they do open test skates, I could see there was a point before Sochi to boost the sport and the national team, but no other federations do that. Anyway I'm positive IZ will be doing some senior B so we will see them before the Grand Prix.( fingers crossed)

Agreed. In the U.S they release no actual skating stuff from Champs Camp. Which I think is a benefit.

alithia

Final Flight
Agreed. In the U.S they release no actual skating stuff from Champs Camp. Which I think is a benefit.

Off topic, but I actually prefer the way the USFSA is doing it .Nice backstage, pics, team spirit, no actual skating before it's time, and a generally correct approach. And I can't believe I even said that about the USFSA:drama::laugh:

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Off topic, but I actually prefer the way the USFSA is doing it .Nice backstage, pics, team spirit, no actual skating before it's time, and a generally correct approach. And I can't believe I even said that about the USFSA:drama::laugh:

It's ok, essentially I think camps and feedback sessions shouldn't be public ala Marta Karolyi. I'm shocked that Tessa and Scott put it out there on their show.

bramweld

Record Breaker
It's ok, essentially I think camps and feedback sessions shouldn't be public ala Marta Karolyi. I'm shocked that Tessa and Scott put it out there on their show.

What did I miss? :popcorn: Oh, are you referring to that documentary they did a while back?

Last edited:

uhh

Medalist
I wonder how compulsory the open test skates are - in 2014/15 loads of people skipped the open part, and just did the closed ones the week before. 2015/16 there were many more in the open skates, but I guess that's because they had all gone all the way to Sochi anyway for the closed skates.

Of course, it might all be different now I/Z are in the US. Morozov's camp used to skip it or have their own dates, Marina didn't bother the first year she had S/K, so who knows. The most important thing is that they do what works for their training. The Fed said they would be keeping a close eye on them anyway, so it's not like this is the only chance for feedback (and honestly, most of the time I think teams do best with as little as possible fed involvement! :laugh:)

Marta25

Medalist
Lol nothing. I was talking about the 6 episode show the put out before Sochi. They aired feedback from their performance camp.

That show was not good for the kind poiticking VM had needed that season.

Anyway, last year the test skates were mandatory, S/K didn`t participate, because Nikita was injured. I think if the open test skates are not mandatory, I would say just skip it and focus on getting prepared for a Challenger, like Nebelhorn. Maybe Nelli can pull some strings :biggrin: and I/Z will be allowed to train in Oberstdorf for a week, since it would be exhausting to travel back to Detroit and then come back to Oberstdorf.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
That show was not good for the kind poiticking VM had needed that season. Anyway, last year the test skates were mandatory, S/K didn`t participate, because Nikita was injured. I think if the open test skates are not mandatory, I would say just skip it and focus on getting prepared for a Challenger, like Nebelhorn. Maybe Nelli can pull some strings :biggrin: and I/Z will be allowed to train in Oberstdorf for a week, since it would be exhausting to travel back to Detroit and then come back to Oberstdorf.

I think this would be better. I would rather international judges giving feed back than the fed. We know Igor isn't afraid to make adjustments as needed- if they are needed. And plus- ranking points.

Marta25

Medalist

They are very, very pretty. I wonder if Sara is now also training in Detroit. She used to train in Oberstdorf with her partner, I think. Would be great if Elena had a close friend there. :)

Anyway, Shpilband has added quiet a few teams the last 2 years to his group. I`ve counted 9 senior teams from 8 different countries. Looks like someone is preparing for the Olympics... :p

sunn1ly

On the Ice
Where can I buy tickets for France GP. My travel buddy just managed to arrange his holiday. Am I late?