Page 521 of 553 FirstFirst ... 21 421 471 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,815 of 8294

Thread: Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LenaRusfan View Post
    So funny ;-)
    Miss Ruslan and Elena.
    Hope they are working on the new programs that will bring them success and medals they well deserve.
    Me too.

EDIT: What are the chances that the CD at the next olympics is a tango of some sort? I've been watching V/M' Tango Romantica and thinking how fabulous that would look on I/Z. I'm salivating already . Or could it be the polka?! I think I'm officially in the RusLena withdrawal phase, LOL.
    Last edited by bramweld; 02-12-2016 at 08:54 PM.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    I am almost certain that the pattern for 2018 will be a tango of some sort, I'm guessing the Argentine tango but I don't know for sure, obviously.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chameleon View Post
    I am almost certain that the pattern for 2018 will be a tango of some sort, I'm guessing the Argentine tango but I don't know for sure, obviously.
    Yes, it very much could be as there has not been any kind of tango compulsory since the introduction of the short dance (since the 2010 Olympics, that is).

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Yes, it very much could be as there has not been any kind of tango compulsory since the introduction of the short dance (since the 2010 Olympics, that is).
    The teams could mix the Golden Waltz in 2010/2011 with the Tango aka the Wango

It could also be that the SD will be again a Samba or Rumba, since that hasn`t been done since the 2011/2012 season.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marta25 View Post
    The teams could mix the Golden Waltz in 2010/2011 with the Tango aka the Wango
    Yes, I know that. I meant that the compulsory sequences themselves have not been tango. In the 2010/2011 season tango was not "compulsory"/obligatory, it was just one of the allowed choices for the second rhythm.

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marta25 View Post
    The teams could mix the Golden Waltz in 2010/2011 with the Tango aka the Wango It could also be that the SD will be again a Samba or Rumba, since that hasn`t been done since the 2011/2012 season.
    Ruslena could soo rock a Samba, Tango, or Rumba! This is also Najjaro's wheelhouse. Yaaasssss!

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MK's Winter View Post
    Ruslena could soo rock a Samba, Tango, or Rumba! This is also Najjaro's wheelhouse. Yaaasssss!

Rinkside

5 Not allowed!
    I see no activity here. It is pretty much ups and downs season for every team in the Ice dancing. Hope see our beloved Ruslena stronger than ever next season.

It seems like the current trend in the ice dancing is songs like PC and WP and Shibs free dances. But looking at the Ruslena videos I think that they can be best at what the others are now avoiding, not in slow music and floating dances but dances with much more ardor and more dancy music. Actually what I want from them is to choose music which highlights the best moments of the program.

Posting Ruslena new waltz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3CwFKsQ_hk

4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sunn1ly View Post
    I see no activity here. It is pretty much ups and downs season for every team in the Ice dancing. Hope see our beloved Ruslena stronger than ever next season.

It seems like the current trend in the ice dancing is songs like PC and WP and Shibs free dances. But looking at the Ruslena videos I think that they can be best at what the others are now avoiding, not in slow music and floating dances but dances with much more ardor and more dancy music. Actually what I want from them is to choose music which highlights the best moments of the program.

Posting Ruslena new waltz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3CwFKsQ_hk
    Sigh. Watching this makes me sad that they didn`t show us a more classical waltz.

Btw, I`m still holding out hope for a coaching change announcement.

3 Not allowed!
    I think everyone is waiting for news from them. It will come. Regardless of what it is, I believe in these 2

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MK's Winter View Post
    I think everyone is waiting for news from them. It will come. Regardless of what it is, I believe in these 2
    I believe in them too. I'd actually like to see something passionate from them- a tango or even another paso, or in the alternative just some passionate, big music in general... not the romantic pasty stuff everyone else is doing, I agree about that. I do believe they are a team that can do a lot of different styles and themes though, so whatever they decide I'm sure I'll appreciate it

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    I believe in them too. I'd actually like to see something passionate from them- a tango or even another paso, or in the alternative just some passionate, big music in general... not the romantic pasty stuff everyone else is doing, I agree about that. I do believe they are a team that can do a lot of different styles and themes though, so whatever they decide I'm sure I'll appreciate it
    That's what I love best about Ruslena- they don't just do the typical flowy-romantic stuff. Not that it's necessarily bad (I'm head over heels for H/D's SD this season), but I love the fire and storytelling these two bring. Alas, that seems to be one of the things that hurt them with Frida this year, which is a shame, but I'm hoping they can find a balance between their unique aesthetic and what judges will reward. Go Ruslena!

Medalist

3 Not allowed!
    I'd like to see them try something whimsical - along the lines of some of P/B's programs or Akiko's O. Maybe using non-Amelie music by Yann Tiersen or something from Cirque du Soleil. It would stand out from what everyone else is doing and also show range for than away from the fire and drama of Carmen and Frida.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Elena and Ruslan move to Igor Shpilband to train in US for three months and then decide on their future career. Source: http://www.sport-express.ru/figure-skating/news/969646/

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrento View Post
    Elena and Ruslan move to Igor Shpilband to train in US for three months and then decide on their future career. Source: http://www.sport-express.ru/figure-skating/news/969646/
    Before anyone freaks out I think the article is worded weird at the end. I think they will decide to permanently stay there in 3 months.

Page 521 of 553 FirstFirst ... 21 421 471 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 ... LastLast