Page 160 of 160 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160
Results 2,386 to 2,397 of 2397

Thread: Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin

Custom Title
    I'm just sad we'll only get to see this SD one more time!

Tripping on the Podium
    There's always the World Team Trophy?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chameleon View Post
    There's always the World Team Trophy?
    Oh hopefully.. I don't know how qualifications work? But it would be cool if they could go.

I think what Abraxis was referring to was mainly a certain bunch of people that start rumours from a pic ,while they don't understand that this hurts the skaters. Fans , would prefer them to heal and be healthy than skate through injury just to see them, selfishly, and discuss their personal lives.Maybe that was the case...But then it's primarily, why you are a fan in the first place?

Back to I/Z. I totally agree it was a 102-103, anyone that can understand a tiny bit of protocols can see it, and it would be a huge result.Next time I'm sure they'll get it ( and don't start on me on Nagornikh, TAT, etc... This is not how the sport works)
    The judges love them, French TV even was very complimentary on them and consider them big rivals for the future, the rest is just local politics in my book.

What I'd love to see is them relaxed at Worlds, without pressure there must have been at Euros,and just step to the occasion and skate a blinder, cause next season they have a lot of chances of actually winning the thing considering how gifted they are. They have managed to do things in a few months, other can't do in ten years, and it's very important cause the potential of a team that has just started is just unpredictable, it could be less than 6 months until you get closer and even surpass your former partnerships marks after 5 seasons.

WTT, I think it's by ranking? Isn't that the event that has rules that change every single time?
    Last edited by alithia; Today at 11:44 AM.

Tripping on the Podium
    I think for WTT the country selects who they want to go. But sometimes the top skaters/team skip because they want to get back to training or whatever.

Say no to horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Score and ranking in WTT also count, don't they? I think if they do well at WC they might go for WTT as well. Not to mention price money is huge. WTT might be tiring but they pay very well.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by alithia View Post
    I'm seriously sick of conspiracty theories and drama. There is no drama around IZ,really, maybe that's why people get bored.I , for once, am very happy they are not 'soap opera' stars but real skaters, I appreciate them even more for that.

Of course I'll keep on saying it, just because IZ have on part of IK this doesn't mean they are them and fans should keep creating stories, I had my share over other sites, and really felt sick at some point.

I/Z, first of all need to be healthy, and what they are they already showed it, topped I/K's score at Euros in less than 9 months together.I know not everyone likes this but this is the truth. They are people who are gonna be great champions and not some kids that are unwanted by anyone.
    Well, I think there's much drama drama around them, I mean, they chose to skate together. That's drama enought to build a soap opera around that fact alone. Elena is obviously a drama queen in a good way and Ruslan is portraying the perfect prince charming right now. Not enough drama?

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxis12345 View Post
    And to add, I sometimes get the feeling reading this board and reading the official VK group that most of Ilinykh and Zhiganshin's fans are hysterical women who were too dumb to pass their school exams, got pregnant at age 18, sit at home with no job, and read trashy harlequin romance novels, while their loser husbands are off getting drunk and sleeping with their mistresses. And instead of making sure that their kids aren't sticking their fingers into electrical outlets or drinking drano, they are too busy doing frame by frame analysis of Elena and Ruslan's KnC behavior and stalking Ruslan's girlfriend's social media accounts.
    Your post is actually funny. I don't think that the husbands have mistresses necessarily, maybe life only gets boring and soap operas are stupid. Maybe that's why men tend to drink and women start to read penny dreadfuls. And this is real life and dramatic, I mean, honestly, this is entertaining! Both got jilted and this is why many people want them to do well.
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaM View Post
    I'm just sad we'll only get to see this SD one more time!
    Well, I hope they'll use it as an exhibition next year!

Quote Originally Posted by psusanne View Post
    Well, I think there's much drama drama around them, I mean, they chose to skate together. That's drama enought to build a soap opera around that fact alone. Elena is obviously a drama queen in a good way and Ruslan is portraying the perfect prince charming right now. Not enough drama?

You know what I mean by drama, they're not the projection of IK ( who most of these people discovered in Sochi and were mostly interested in their off ice lives and if they will have skating babies born with their skates on).I prefer them 100 times to IK to be honest. But , in general, we agree.People love drama anyway. It's just annoying they tend to only care about the 'drama' and would love a person to skate through pain so that they will make gifs afterwards.Don't get me wrong I love gifs
    Last edited by alithia; Today at 12:43 PM.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by alithia View Post
    You know what I mean by drama, they're not the projection of IK ( who most of these people discovered in Sochi and were mostly interested in their off ice lives and if they will have skating babies born with their skates on).I prefer them 100 times to IK to be honest. But , in general, we agree.People love drama anyway. It's just annoying they tend to only care about the 'drama' and would love a person to skate through pain so that they will make gifs afterwards.Don't get me wrong I love gifs
    Well put!

go figure
    Quote Originally Posted by wolkenschloss View Post
    Sorry for a late question: but what said Margiglio and Scali to RusLena?
    I second this. Can anyone enlighten us, please? Thanks.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaM View Post
    Oh hopefully.. I don't know how qualifications work? But it would be cool if they could go.
    Countries that qualify (based on accumulated world ranking points & SB scores & Russia ALWAYS make it) are supposed to send whoever of their skaters finish highest at Worlds, but it's quite easy for skaters to say they want to skip and then the Fed can pretty much assign it to whoever - Amodio went in 2009 for France & he hadn't even been at Worlds, he'd been competing junior that year. I'd love to see Ruslena there, but also I think given how much work they've had to do this year & how much they'll still need to work for next year, it wouldn't be a bad thing if they didn't go & had a break instead.

Quote Originally Posted by surimi View Post
    I second this. Can anyone enlighten us, please? Thanks.
    I don't know about Margalio, I think that was covered in the SD thread itself, but I walked past Scali after the SD and he was complaining about the difference in scores between I/Z & C/L. Although I suppose it is only natural that he would be supporting his countrymen.

Rinkside
    I looked up Abraxis12345's profile and it included the following: "Abraxis12345 has not made any friends yet." Gee, I wonder why not.

If Abraxis is sincere, it would be much better to point out the posts he/she objects to, instead of vilifying all fans. For the record, I am a female I/Z fan but otherwise have NOTHING in common with his description of K/Z fans.

Page 160 of 160 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160