Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62

Thread: Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin

Quote Originally Posted by bramweld View Post
    Talk about being stuck in the dark ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow63 View Post
    True. But I thought maybe she really thinks they're original
    Nah, she loved I&K, uhh is right about it.
    I'm not saying that S&B are bad but she is not stupid. She knows champions material and can see the talent.
    Give her some time. If I&Z continues to do well and become strong contenders she will sing a different tune.
    Same will happen if S&K will be the ones, or B&S.

umm...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post

Nah, she loved I&K, uhh is right about it.
    I'm not saying that S&B are bad but she is not stupid. She knows champions material and can see the talent.
    Give her some time. If I&Z continues to do well and become strong contenders she will sing a different tune.
    Same will happen if S&K will be the ones, or B&S.
    She loved I/K, I didn't say she didn't. But she praised S/B more since they appeared on big ice dance stage. That's what I meant, sorry if it wasn't clear
    And I don't think she will ever like B/S. No matter what they'll do
    Last edited by Snow63; Yesterday at 03:35 PM.

Custom Title
    If she loves Bukin that much, she should find another girl and coach for him. Even Coomes and Buckland made some improvements on their basic skating. Why Stepanova can't?

And what Bobrova/Soloviev doing in those days? I hope they will be ready for nationals and europeans. And I hope Ilinykh/Zhiganshin working on that free dance of theirs. It reminds me Ave Maria free dance of I/K. And that is not a good thing. But short dance is

It's funny that My friend said it's Stepanova who looks like Navka, not Vika and maybe Tat has the same thought?

Custom Title
    I honestly don't care about TAT's opinion on anything. She was a K/N supporter back in the day and demanded them to be number one instead of D/S. She has her preferences, mainly Svinin/Zhuk group, so of course she's all for S/B.
    She loved I/K but was highly critical of them when they didn't ask for her advice as she is with everyone that doesn't accept her as a consultant, so I don't expect her to say anything good for anyone. And whoever is closest to her S/B will be her easy target behind the scenes, although once again, even when she openly said S/Z should be replaced by S/B for Worlds last season,nobody did what she said.

I don't know why we have to bother with negativity coming from her, which is kind of old as well, she has no perception of what ice dance is right now at all.I guess she's one of the most well known figures internationally,but she's not all that, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow63 View Post
    She loved I/K, I didn't say she didn't. But she praised S/B more since they appeared on big ice dance stage. That's what I meant, sorry if it wasn't clear
    No it was clear, sorry. I'm sure she genuinely likes S&B because I get the feeling that Bukin reminds her his father. But I can't believe that she really thinks they are the best option that Russia have in ID.
    I could be wrong though and love really have made her blind. I wouldn't be surprised.

And I don't think she will ever like B/S. No matter what they'll do
    Why do you think that? Wasn't she the one who suggested them to put Tosca's music (bad choice by the way) in their FD last season? I thought she was somehow involved with them also.
    Last edited by Alba; Yesterday at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    It's funny that My friend said it's Stepanova who looks like Navka, not Vika and maybe Tat has the same thought?
    That's a heresy. Neither of them does look or recall, even vaguely, Navka.

That's a heresy. Neither of them does look or recall, even vaguely, Navka.
    They miss Navka too much, maybe. I adore this woman. But I don't need copies. There's only 1 Navka.
    And now there's only 1 Elena!! Go go I/Z!!

They miss Navka too much, maybe. I adore this woman. But I don't need copies. There's only 1 Navka.
    And now there's only 1 Elena!! Go go I/Z!!

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    They miss Navka too much, maybe. I adore this woman. But I don't need copies. There's only 1 Navka. And now there's only 1 Elena!! Go go I/Z!!
    Amen to that!!

umm...
    Why do you think that? Wasn't she the one who suggested them to put Tosca's music (bad choice by the way) in their FD last season? I thought she was somehow involved with them also.
    I don't know, it's just the impression I get out of her comments. I can count positive feedbacks from her about B/S with my fingers on just one hand. She never praised them so much like she did I/K and S/B. Even after their bronze medal at Worlds 2013 she wasn't completely satisfied with them. Yes, Tosca part was her idea, or at least she was the one who told Zhulin to include it.
    During russian show 'Ледниковый период' (Ice Age) this season she made a lot of remarks about Zhuline and his creativity. So she probably consult him and his teams too. Maybe. I don't know for sure. But I feel like she always thought that B/S are a threat to her favourites. Maybe I'm wrong, I honestly didn't follow her and B/S relationships closely enough. But I've heard and read some things I don't like
    Anyway it's not the place to discuss other teams I guess.

Go Elena and Ruslan

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Why am I so drawn to Elena? I know she is beautiful but it seems so much more than that TBH. There is something about her that just captivates me and I have to say Ruslan is the perfect match for her. I don't think he will do anything more than compliment her and add to her presence. It's not a knock on him but rather a compliment IMO. He plays an important role in that if she is shining so too maybe is he?

I'm starting to enjoy pairs and ID more simply due to the fact that the threads seem much more more civilized.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    Why am I so drawn to Elena? I know she is beautiful but it seems so much more than that TBH. There is something about her that just captivates me and I have to say Ruslan is the perfect match for her. I don't think he will do anything more than compliment her and add to her presence. It's not a knock on him but rather a compliment IMO. He plays an important role in that if she is shining so too maybe is he?
    I'm starting to enjoy pairs and ID more simply due to the fact that the threads seem much more more civilized.
    That's called STAR POWER!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by alithia View Post
    I honestly don't care about TAT's opinion on anything.

I don't know why we have to bother with negativity coming from her, which is kind of old as well, she has no perception of what ice dance is right now at all.I guess she's one of the most well known figures internationally,but she's not all that, really.
    This.

@Sam-Skwantch - Everyone seems to be drawn to her! The fans, the audiences, the Spanish as well as the German as well as the British commentators ( basically all commentary I watch and understand) feel the same way, they always compliment her presence and expression etc., almost like fan girls sometimes.
    I think that 'drawing people in' that goes beyond just because she's pretty is called star quality.

Custom Title
    Why? The girl knows how to dance and control her technique like nobody's business. They see fire, spirit and tenacity. How else would you describe what she and Ruslan have done in 6 months? Go back and look at the SD at COR. Ruslan at the end looks at her with pride and astonishment. What a wonderful partner! How lucky am I!! This makes my job the easiest in all of ID!! Nikita on the other hand felt squeezed. That's all. Now he's happier as he's with someone he can easily dominate. Go I/Z!!!

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62