Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin

Abraxis12345

Final Flight

Alba

Record Breaker

News report here, showing some lifts being done with a coach. Granted its slow with the coach around but it looks like he has an easier time than he does with sinitsina. I was fearing for
Vikas life on her lifts and I am a little less scared for Elena.

Didn't see him with Vika on training. Is it me or they're trying the lift she did with Nikita on the FD? Is that a good idea?

bramweld

Record Breaker
It's definitely the lift she did....I love that lift.

It may be just for work flow. But hey look all signature lifts go to lady in the event of a divorce;) Nik and Vika have Marina and Co. so they'll be more than okay. But forget the lifts, I like the little bits of choreo we've had a peek at. Ruslan, definitely looks more manly and mature here. They make a very attractive, unusual however elegant pairing. Excited to see their work.

alithia

Final Flight
It may be just for work flow. But hey look all signature lifts go to lady in the event of a divorce;) Nik and Vika have Marina and Co. so they'll be more than okay. But forget the lifts, I like the little bits of choreo we've had a peek at. Ruslan, definitely looks more manly and mature here. They make a very attractive, unusual however elegant pairing. Excited to see their work.

They look pretty well,physically too, he's tall enough without being too tall and it seems that their body types are similar.
As far as the same lift goes, it's not unusual for female dancers as bramweld said ,and pair skaters to take their lifts with them, and unless someone is not very familiar with ice dancing, there is no reason to believe people would be penalized about this or something similar.
And I particularly like the fact that she let Ruslan do the talking, she should just be focused on talking on the ice

Alba

Record Breaker
pair skaters to take their lifts with them, and unless someone is not very familiar with ice dancing, there is no reason to believe people would be penalized about this or something similar.

I'm very familiar with that.
The reason I asked if it's a good idea is:
a) Not a new lift, so I would like a new one for them. Although that might be too much to ask taking into consideration that they are a new couple and plenty of other things to do.
b) Nikita may take that lift with him as well.
I don't like to see that. It's like seeing a divorce couple saying: this is mine, no it's mine. :popcorn:

bramweld

Record Breaker
I'm very familiar with that.
The reason I asked if it's a good idea is:
a) Not a new lift, so I would like a new one for them. Although that might be too much to ask taking into consideration that they are a new couple and plenty of other things to do.
b) Nikita may take that lift with him as well.
I don't like to see that. It's like seeing a divorce couple saying: this is mine, no it's mine. :popcorn:

Marina is too savvy for that. Besides based on their gala, their version of this lift has Vika leaning backwards. I assume for competition he will lift one leg, making it similar to the lift done by W/P for their Malade programme. The other rotational lift is very pretty. It actually is very similar to a lift that the Shibs used in their Geisha programme. So we may really only see two other "new" lifts from them. These are early days for them yet I wouldn't put too much stock into spectacular lifts. I'd say they need to pay attention to their step sequences, spins and twizzles. The rules seem pretty tough this year to get L4's for these elements.

I honestly believed S/K's gala was a blueprint of sorts for their FD, unless of course the mixed response has made them go in a different direction. Although based on Tarasova's comments, and the limited time they have to prepare for rentals (August) they may just stay in this genre. But I honestly wouldn't worry about it so. Given how shabbily I/Z were treated, I'd say its only sporting of them to have first dibs on anything they need.

alithia

Final Flight
I hope they really bring it next season. They look happy, happy for them;) Now if they could just kick some serious butt.

When they look happy, when she in particular looks happy is like stabbing certain people in the heart,it's sad but true. They look in black n white though!

bramweld

Record Breaker
When they look happy, when she in particular looks happy is like stabbing certain people in the heart,it's sad but true. They look in black n white though!

I don't think we should read that much into things. I think the only thing that will haunt certain people is how they've handled the situation. After all I've seen and heard about these people I feel better about Lena being with Ruslan, no matter how well liked Nikita is by the experts. Ruslan just seems to be a classy fellow.